Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 28, Relationship


"Take your hands off me"

 The father says with an arrogant attitude.

"If you listen to Makiri-sensei properly"

 I say, he snorts, and then he says.

"Parents have the responsibility to raise their children. And the reason why my child, Chiaki, has turned out this way is only because I was wrong in my education. Then it is only logical to correct it."

"First, the problem is that you're assuming it's wrong."

 At my words, her father gives me a pitying look.

"Youth... foolishness, I guess. That relationship of yours is not originally allowed."

 To this person who did not listen to her daughter, Makiri-sensei, my words will not reach him.
 It remains a complete misunderstanding.

"I'm sorry you're a victim, but ...... you need to get out of here right now. I'll have a taxi take you home. We'll pay for it, of course."

 I opened my mouth and was stunned by his words, which collectively disparaged both Makiri-sensei's and my intentions.

"It doesn't matter what you think of Chiaki. I will make a formal apology at a later date. So more than this..."

 The father, who is still holding me by the arm, quietly tells me that he is getting more and more powerful.

"Could you please not meddle in other people's house?"

 The father's attitude and words that say yes or no.

 Come to think of it, that may be the way it should be.
 He believes he is right and that his daughter made a mistake.
 Then surely it's not wrong that he stubbornly refuses to listen to us.
 If anything, it would be difficult not to feel that way in this situation, on the contrary.

 ...... I slowly removed my hand from the father.

 Yare yare, he says and sighs with a satisfied look on his face, and Makiri-sensei looks over here with a resigned expression.
 Surely she is not going to blame me for coming all this way and not being able to do anything about it. 
 She was just overwhelmed by her own powerlessness, and ――.

 She is trying to accept that.

 I know that look.
 I can understand that feeling.


 Me, before entering high school and meeting Ike and Makiri-sensei ――.


 Give up on being understood.
 I accepted that I was misunderstood.
 I bet Makiri-sensei is the same now. 

 …… That's why.
 For Makiri-sensei to stand up to her father.
 I can't just stand next to her.

 I clench my fists tightly, then look up and look straight at her father.

"I don't want to. I have to interfere."

 At my words, Makiri-sensei said, "Eh?" I heard a small voice.
 The father finally raises his voice, not even bothering to hide his annoyance.

"If I had known this was going to happen, I would never have allowed you to teach! What has passed may be acceptable, but I will not accept what is about to happen. I will not stand by and watch you try to bring misery not only to you ...... but to others as well!"

 I look at the father glaring at me and think.
 I am sure he is really worried about Makiri-sensei.
 So I can't stay calm.

 I've dealt with people like that, successfully wrapped this place up and resolved it nicely... Kidding.
 I can't do it, I'm not a protagonist like Ike. 

"... Earlier, you heard that it doesn't matter what I think of Makiri-sensei, right?"

"Yeah, it doesn't matter"

"No way ... It doesn't matter!"

 So I push her back, just as she and he once did.

"Makiri-sensei was the first adult I thought I could respect. People judged me based on my appearance and labeled me a delinquent. The only adults around me were those who assumed that everything was as it appeared on the outside and abhorred me. "

 The father looks at me questioningly.

"But Makiri-sensei was there for me. I was bad at talking and clumsy. I was not able to be kind to anyone, but she reached out to me and gave me a push without judging me by my looks. That's why, for me, Makiri-sensei is... She was my first teacher ...... and she is a very important person to me."

 That's why.
 If you don't understand Makiri-sensei...
 I want to be there for her and push that back.


"Now I have friends and a junior who relies on me. Of course, there are still troublesome things that I have to deal with. Still, I can laugh every day thanks to everyone who is around me and ...... Makiri-sensei"

 Makiri-sensei muttered in a trembling voice, "Tomoki-kun ......," which reached my ears.


"That's why I――. I want Makiri-sensei to be smiling, too."

 I say this and look straight at Makiri-sensei.

 Her eyes were moist with tears.
 But, not wanting me to see it, she wiped it off with her fingertips and then nodded her strong eyes at me.

"Thank you. I'm fine now, Tomoki-kun."

 She said that to me.
 When I look at her expression. And hear her words.
 I feel relieved.

 That my words could push her back, even if only slightly.


"Dad. I'm sorry that you were so worried about me that you went to the trouble of bringing me an omiai."


 She faces her father straight on.

 Her manner, which shows no fear or hesitation, is very dignified.


"I don't want to go on an omiai"


 The way she spoke so majestically was so beautiful that one could not help but admire her.


"... If there is a partner with whom I am destined to spend the rest of my life"


 The smile on her face is――.


"I want to have a thrilling love relationship with that person."


 ...... lovely, just like a girl in love.