Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 27, First Meeting


 A few days later, I decided to follow Makiri-sensei to her parents' house.
 I got in her car and we were on our way to her parents' house, which was our destination.
 I'm nervous now to meet her dad.

"... I know it's a little late for that, but maybe you shouldn't have dressed that way."

 Makiri-sensei, who was in the driver's seat, glanced at me with a sideways glance and then muttered.

"Eh? Wasn't this chosen by Makiri-sensei."

 What I'm wearing now is the so-called jacket style, which is a shirt with a collar, a jacket and pants.

"Yeah. If you go in uniform, you'll certainly surprise him visually, and if you dress too rough, it's obvious that you'll spoil my father's mood, so I thought it was best to dress that way... "

 After stopping the car at a red light, Makiri-sensei looked in my direction and blurted out.

"The problem is that you dress too maturely. I wonder if they'll think we're here to greet them in a different way and be surprised..."

 A concerned look appeared on her face.

"What do you mean by greeting them in a different way?"

 I asked Makiri-sensei because I was not quite sure what she was talking about.
 At my words, sensei stared at me once and then looked forward.
 The traffic light had just turned green.

"It's nothing"

 Makiri-sensei muttered in dissatisfaction, then stepped on the gas pedal to start the car and muttered so.
 What in the world was she talking about?

 With that in mind, I did not pursue the matter further, thinking that it would not be a good idea to ask questions while driving that she might not want to answer.




 Then, two hours passed, and we arrived home.
 It was a mansion with a magnificent facade and even a gate.

 Overwhelmed by the scale of Makiri-sensei's family home, I end up asking.

"What does Makiri-sensei's father do?"

"My father is in the professional business. He's the head of a decent-sized firm."

 Makiri-sensei said it casually.
 Speaking of professions, lawyers, accountants, and judicial scriveners ...... all seem to be wealthy in one way or another.
 Makiri-sensei called herself a sheltered girl, but I had no idea she was such a young lady.

"Could you please stop staring at me like that?"

"Ah, I'm sorry."

 Good grief ...... Makiri-sensei let out a sigh.
 Then we lined up and rang the intercom at the front door.
 Then the door is immediately opened.

"Ara, Chiaki-chan. Welcome back."

 A plump woman, looking about 40 or so, greeted us.
 I had heard that Makiri-sensei's mother is dead, but then who is this person?

"A-Ara ... who's that handsome guy next to you?"

 To the woman, who was clearly freaked out by my face, Makiri-sensei silently replied with a smile.
 The woman's eyes widened in surprise and she muttered, "Anraa...".
 Somehow I knew what she was thinking, but I didn't know what to answer.

"In that case, your father is waiting for you in the Japanese-style room, and I'll bring you some tea later."

 With that, the woman turned on her heel and withdrew to the back.
 I make sure her back is out of sight and then open my mouth.

"Who is that person now?"

"Takuma-san, the housekeeper. When I was in this house, I did most of the general chores, but now we have her come in a few times a week to do some of the housework. "

 So, she is some kind of housekeeper, huh.
 ...... It's rather amazing that there are people like that as a matter of course.

"... Shall we go to my father then."

 Says a nervous-looking Makiri-sensei. 
 I silently nodded my head and then followed her.
 Then she stopped in front of one of the rooms and called out from the hallway to the room.

"I'm home, dad"

"Chiaki is it... Come in"

 A low voice was heard from inside the room.
 Makiri-sensei replied, "Yes," then opened the sliding door and went inside.
 I also followed.

 In the Japanese-style room, a nice middle man, who appeared to be around 50, with some white in his hair, was sitting cross-legged on a cushion.
 Is this person Makiri-sensei's father?
 Like Makiri-sensei, he was beautifully shaped and seemed to be popular not only when he was young but also now.

 The father looked at Makiri-sensei as she entered the room and then gave me a look.
 Then, with a questioning look on his face,

"...And the one over there is?"

 He gave me a sharp look and asked Makiri-sensei.
 Makiri-sensei hesitated for a moment and then said, as if she was prepared to do so.

"He is ... my student Tomoki-kun."

 Hearing those words, her dad's gaze sharpened even more, then he glared at me and asked me a question.

"I wonder if what Chiaki is saying is true. Tomoki-kun, I presume."

 Without being afraid of my face, her father asked.

"I am indeed a student of Makiri-sensei."

 When I replied, the father let out a deep sigh and then rubbed his fingertips between his eyebrows.
 Then he slowly got up and stood in front of me and Makiri-sensei.
 After giving us a stern look,

"... Apparently, it was a failure to allow you to be a teacher."

 Looking furious, the father glared at Makiri-sensei and said.
 His tone was not rough. However, there was definitely a pressure that made people unable to say whether they wanted to or not.

 At his gaze, Makiri-sensei's shoulders shook and then she turned her head down.
 However, after biting her lip, she looks up and then speaks.

"It's a misunderstanding. I am not doing what dad thinks I am."

 However, the earnest words of Makiri-sensei are...

"Don't give me that nonsense!"

 He was screamed.
 So powerful that Makiri-sensei was unable to say anything.

"...I see. I get it. I understand why you stubbornly reject the idea of an omiai. And why you insisted on teaching. ...... I am disappointed in you."

"I said, I am..."

"No need for excuses. ...It's insane for a high school teacher to take an underage student to her parents' house to meet them."

 Then, he let out a deep sigh.
 In a hard, pressured tone of voice, her dad continues.

"Perhaps I have spoiled you too much since my wife died. Forgive this father's foolishness. And now I will open your eyes...!"

 With that said, her dad raised his hand.
 When Makiri-sensei sees this, she looks sad and then closes her eyes tightly.

 The father tried to slap Makiri-sensei, who turned her head down, on the cheek with a vigorous slap――.


"...What do you think you're doing?"


 I was holding her dad's arm.
 So far, I have kept quiet to avoid unnecessary interferences, but if violence is being committed in front of my eyes, it's a different story.

 Looking anxious, Makiri-sensei was listening to us.
 But before I respond to her, I face her dad and tell him.

"Makiri-sensei came to talk to you. ...So, before you make a lot of assumptions so quickly. Could you please listen to her first?"

 At these words, her father's eyes became even sharper as he stared at me.