Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 26, True Feelings


"... Omiai, is it"

 Her words showed signs of giving up, and I replied.
 Come to think of it, when she called me into her room the other day, she said something about omiai...

"Yes. I guess my father must have gotten impatient because I couldn't find anyone to go out with. He didn't give me any choice."

 Looking down, Makiri-sensei says.

"Even a parent can't just do something like that without regard to the will of Makiri-sensei. Why don't you just refuse."

 Unable to suppress my irritation at the unreasonable attitude of Makiri-sensei's parents, I said.

"I'm going to go back to my parents' house and talk to them. But... Once my father decides to do something, he's going to push his opinion. I, too, was gradually becoming unable to stand up against my father ... I am sure I wouldn't be able to say no."

 Makiri-sensei twisted the edges of her mouth in self-mockery.
 Then she continues.

"My father wants me to get married as soon as possible. I am sure he would love to see his grandchildren." 

"Such a selfish ....... Makiri-sensei doesn't think that's a good idea, which is why you're so bothered by it, right?"

 To my words, Makiri-sensei smiles weakly and then replies.

"... I don't want to bother my father too much, who has raised me all by himself so far. I can't even go against what he says. So I'm sure this will be fine."

 Makiri-sensei said in a voice that still trembled, erasing any expression on her face from earlier.
 It was at least easy to see that the words did not come from the heart.

"What are you sayi..."

 When I start to say something, Makiri-sensei's voices overtake me.

"Besides, I told you before, didn't I? I also know that there are people who make happy families through omiai. With my father's introduction, there is no doubt about it."

 She said, trying to sound cheerful.

"You said that at the time, right? that “I wanted to have a normal love life”."

"... It's drunken nonsense."

 In response to my words, Makiri-sensei laughs as if she is troubled.

"Then, Makiri-sensei. What exactly was the problem you said was troubling you?"

"My problem is... Right. I hadn't talked to men much, but suddenly I asked to go on omiai. I'm nervous and confused."

 I knew immediately that she was trying not to worry me.

"To begin with. When I talk to a man, I get nervous, my expression and voice become tense and harsh. I'm even called 'Makiri, the man-hater' behind my back among the staff. There is no way I can have a normal love life."

 Then, after making a cheerful tone of voice, Makiri-sensei continues.

"... I am sorry for making you worry. But I'm really okay."

 Even after hearing those words from Makiri-sensei, I was not convinced.
 It must be ...... because Makiri-sensei is an adult.
 And I'm a kid.

 I guess she can't just cling to me for help.

 She says that she is just spilling out her worries, and says that it is nothing to worry about.
 I'm just a kid, and I'm letting her say.


 I thought it was pathetic.
 Myself who can't help ―― Not that only.
 Even to Makiri-sensei, who has been giving me a lot of trouble, but is still holding back at this point in time.


"I know many wonderful things about Makiri-sensei. The part of you that gentle, cool... cute."

 A sudden word from me makes Makiri-sensei's expression turn dumbfounded.

"I know that you are always strict in front of your students, but you have more warmth and compassion than anyone else. I was saved many times by Makiri-sensei. One year ago, when I was about to break down due to unreasonableness, it was Ike and ...... none other than Makiri-sensei who stood by me. So, please don't say pathetic things? "

 Then, upon hearing the words that followed, Makiri-sensei looked at me with a serious expression on her face.

"This time too. ...I hope you will stand up against your unreasonable father with dignity."

 Upon hearing my words, Makiri-sensei mutters in shame.

"I can't. ...Because it was in front of the students. I was right."

 Makiri-sensei's shoulders slumped.
 But if that's the case...

"In that case, I'll go with Makiri-sensei to your parents' house."

"……Ha?"

 Upon hearing my words, Makiri-sensei muttered in a stunned manner.

"I'm going to go to Makiri-sensei's parents' house and see if you can give your father a good talking to. In front of me ... in front of your student. You can be firm like you always are, can't you?"

"There's no way I could be that insane."

"I don't think you can take common sense from the time I was brought into this room by a drunk teacher."

"That's! ...It may be right, though."

 At my words, Makiri-sensei turned her head down, as if she was embarrassed.
 However, she still seems unconvinced.

 I guess that is true.
 I'm sure I'm the one who's wrong.
 It is Makiri-sensei and her father who are right.

 I don't know much about society and I don't know much about relationships.

 So I guess what I'm saying is just a selfish childish act that will only annoy Makiri-sensei.
 Nevertheless…….

"I want to know how Makiri-sensei feels "

 With a troubled expression on her face, Makiri-sensei turns her moist eyes toward me.
 I responded straight away and then continued. 

"Does Makiri-sensei really want to have an omiai?"

 Upon hearing my words, Makiri-sensei hesitates for a moment, then slowly opens her mouth.

"...I don't want to"

 From then on, as if a dam had been broken, words came pouring out of Makiri-sensei one after another. 

"I don't want to go on an omiai without any regard for my feelings! I hate myself for not being able to say anything in front of my father! And I hate that I can't have a normal relationship!"

 After declaring this, an excited-looking Makiri-sensei gets up from the bed.
 Then she stood in front of me.

"Stand up, Tomoki-kun"

 I follow Makiri-sensei's words.

"Turn around"

 I did as I was told and turned my back on her.
 As I was wondering what on earth she was going to do, my back was unexpectedly grabbed.

"... W-What's wrong?"

 The sudden situation made me confused,

"Can you just hear me out like this?"

"I don't mind"

"...Is it really okay for me to rely on you so much?"

 An anxious voice came from my back.

"I told you to rely on me, right. ... I'm sorry to have to deal with the selfishness of a kid."

"You don't have to apologize."

 To my words, Makiri-sensei replies in a gentle tone of voice.
 Then I felt a forehead pressing against my back.

"Thank you. ...I'm really happy."

 Fuu, after letting out a breath, Makiri-sensei moved away from my back.

"...You can look here now."

 I turned around because she said so.
 My eyes meet those of Makiri-sensei, who looks up at me with red cheeks and an upward glance.

 I tried to say something, but I couldn't say anything after such a change.
 Seeing me like that, Makiri-sensei chuckles and then tells me.


"Well, then. I'm counting on you, Tomoki-kun?"


 Somehow she looked cuter and sexier than usual.
 I couldn't help but feel thumped――.