Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

16, After the Test


 After the first study session of my life, I was finally ready to take the test.

 We had a week to take tests in each subject, and I, who had been taught to study by Ike, was quite good at it.

『Ah, here! That's where Ike taught me!』

 With that feeling, I solved the problems and completed the test with little difficulty.

 And after school on the last day of the test period.
 It was in a classroom where classmates, freed from their tests, were making a lot of noise.

"Hey, Haruma-kun, let's match the answers!"
"I want to match answers with Haruma!"

 In the front, near the teaching table, several men and women were saying such things as they surrounded Ike.
 I watch them as I sit in my seat and get ready to leave.

"Even if you say matching the answer, my answer is not always correct."

 Ike said, puzzled.
 But to such Ike, the people around him are,

"Don't be so humble!"

"Ike's answer can't be wrong."

"Yes, yes. And if Haruma's answer is incorrect, it's because the teacher who created the test is wrong."

 And so on.

 Ike chuckled in amazement at his surroundings, but still did as he was asked and answered the questions.
 Whenever Ike announced his answers for each subject, his classmates around him would be happy or sad.

"The correct answer to question 2 modern Japanese of the current question 3 is ③!? …… I see, so that's how it is. That clever thinking that reads the other side of the story, you are a genius, after all..."

"The last problem in math, that's how it works. ...... It's not easy to do such advanced calculations without making mistakes."

"This time history had some maniac questions that were barely even mentioned in class, but are you perfect ....... That's not something people can do very often."

 The classmates compared their answers to Ike's in a serious tone of voice, and then praised him.
 I was about to burst out laughing at the lines of my classmates as if they were role models.

"It's no big deal. I don't know if the difficult questions on this test will help me with my college application, because those are the most difficult sections to evaluate."

 With a wry smile, Ike told everyone around him.
 The somewhat humble words of Ike caused another uproar among his classmates.

 As expected, Ike is well-liked and trusted by his classmates.
 With this in mind, as I was looking at him, a voice called out to me unexpectedly.

"It's amazing, Haruma is popular. ...How was your test, Tomoki-kun?"

 It was Hasaki who asked me.
 Having been anxious that we could hardly talk until the test was over, I let out a sigh of relief.

"It was the best ever. I owe it all to Ike, who taught me how to study."

"Fu~hn, I see. Good for you."

 She replied to my words.

 I then take a look at Ike and the others at the front of the classroom and then ask Hasaki.

"Hasaki doesn't ask Ike for the answer?"

 In response to my question, Hasaki laughs amusingly.

"Rather than matching the answer, Haruma's answer is more like an answer, right?"

 Hasaki should always have an average grade.
 I ask Hasaki, who has a bitter smile.

"... Is Hasaki's test result not good?"

 While looking away, she responded.

"I guess I didn't do very well at all. ... I can't really concentrate on this test, and I don't think it's likely to get a good result."

 Cowering her shoulders, Hasaki said.
 "I see." As I smiled wryly at her words, 

"Senpa~i, let's go home~!"

 My name was called from near the doorway of the classroom.
 I raise my hand and respond to the words.

 She ... Touka found me and walked right up to me, even next to me, after entering the classroom.

"Good job on the test ♡ …… Ah, and good job to you too, Hasaki-senpai."

 With a smile on her face, Touka said.

"Yeah, you too"

 Hasaki replied to Touka's words and then,

"... Well then, I'd better head to the tennis school."

 She continued.
 Touka responded to Hasaki's words with, "Haa?" He muttered with a strong tone of voice.

 What's with that reaction, I wondered, but I could not help but notice that Hasaki was scratching her cheeks with her fingertips in an apologetic manner.

 What in the world is going on?
 As I looked at Hasaki with this thought, she took a deep breath and then turned to me and Touka and told us.

"You know, I have a tennis match coming up.... If you don’t mind, would you like to come and cheer on me?"

 Hasaki said somewhat hesitantly.
 Touka would definitely refuse ...... or so I thought.

"I'm good, I get it. I'll go cheering on you with Yuuji-senpai."

 To my surprise, Touka answered yes. 

"... Thanks. It would be very reassuring if you two gave me your support."

 Said Hasaki.
 I may have been mistaken, but there was a hint of resignation in her expression.

"Then I'm going home today. Bye bye, you two!"

 Hasaki waved at me and Touka and then hurried out of the classroom.
 I said to her back, "Be careful." 

"... You sure you want to go and cheer on her so casually?"

 After Hasaki left, I asked Touka.
 The two are supposedly in the middle of a current rift, so what on earth would they intend to do?
 With that question in mind, I asked.

"It's okay, with this."

 Touka said this while puffing out her cheeks and not making eye contact with me.

 Has she decided to reconcile...?
 I couldn't tell by the look on her face.

"... There's no point in staying in the classroom forever. Let's go home, senpai?"

 Touka asks this question with a gentle smile.
 I can't gauge her true intentions.

"Yeah, let's go"

 I left the noisy classroom with Touka and headed home.