Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

17, Sunburn


"Uuh, it's hot!"

 Touka grunts in endurance as she squints against the shining sun.

"Sure, it's hot. The players who play games in this kind of weather are amazing."

"That's right. Or rather, I'm afraid I'm going to get sunburned in such strong sunlight. ... I'll have to reapply sunscreen later."

 Haa, after letting out a sigh, Touka rubbed her own arm and muttered.

 Today was a holiday.
 Touka and I had come to the municipal sports park to cheer on Hasaki.
 There was a tennis tournament here and we were walking toward the tennis court where the match was to take place.

 Still, I was surprised when I was called by Hasaki, but thinking about it again, I guess she was hoping that it would be a good opportunity to make up with Touka.

 If anything, I didn't really understand Touka's feelings.
 Why did she say so easily that she would come to cheer on her? I still couldn't figure that out.
 However, although she complains, when she comes as she is told, Touka may also be interested in making up with her.

"...Ah, that's right! From a senpai's point of view, which do you prefer, a fair-skinned girl or a girl with a wheatish tan?" 
 Touka asked with a happy look, as if to say, "I've got an idea".

"It doesn't matter which one. It's best if the individual does as she pleases."

 Touka looked bored by my answer.

"... Well, I'm going to change the question then. Would you like to see me with a wheat-colored tan?"

 The question makes me think of a tanned Touka.

"I don't know if it'll look good on you, but I'd like to see it."

"What a subtle answer! If you want to see it, tell me you want to see it, and I'll try my best to tan!"

 Touka complains.
 Perhaps she is a bit interested in getting a tan, but is not quite ready to take the plunge.
 If I say I want to see it, they can use that as some sort of excuse to step on the tan.

 However…….

"Touka has fair and beautiful skin, and I think it's kind of a waste having it tanned."

 Touka heard those words, noticed my gaze, and quickly put her arms behind her back.
 And then she protests to me with red face and tears in her eyes.

"W-What are you talking about !? Did senpai always look at me that way? ... A-And that's sexual harassment, and it's super gross!"

 Touka says in a single breath.
 As for me, I thought it was a compliment, but I reflect that it was indeed a word that could have been taken as sexual harassment.

"My bad, Touka. I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable."

 Then I am reminded again of my poor communication skills, and I am depressed.
 Touka saw me feeling down inside and coughed a little.

"... Not really, it's not that unpleasant. Also, it's not gross at all. ... Because I am too cute and have to keep senpai's eyes glued to me, so you should just keep looking at my beautiful skin only as you desire. I'll forgive you, so please don't hesitate."

 Touka replied, turning away with her cheeks reddening in embarrassment.
 I was depressed, so I guess she thought she had said too much and followed up with this kind of thing.
 Thank goodness, I thought.

"I see. I won't stare at you, so don't worry."

"...I said, I really don't mind."

 Touka gives a small reply to my words.
 I know, the concern for Touka, I understand exactly what you mean.

"Oh, both of you came!"

 As we were exchanging such words, it seemed that before we knew it, we had reached our destination.
 It was Ike who approached us.

"Ike was coming, too?"

"Seriously? I didn't notice when you left home. So inconspicuous, this is super sarcastic"

 Touka said to Ike immediately after meeting him, as if teasing him.

"Touka is always thinking about Yuuji, so it's no wonder you don't know if I'm home or not."

 As if as payback, Ike said, Touka's face turned bright red, then she glared at Ike.

"Ha? Gross, sexual harassment. Now super sexual harassment. Don't ever talk to me again, it's gross. Not to mention, saying things like that in front of Yuuji-senpai is really gross and unbelievable."

 Ike cowered his shoulders, then turned to me and said.

"I'm sorry for my unadorable sister."

"She is pretty considerate of me, though."

"Yeah! There's no way that I treat my shi*tty brother and Yuuji-senpai the same way! Right, senpai ♡"

 No, Touka, you said something similar to me earlier, didn't you?
 I swallow those word.

 But when did they get to be able to joke around like this, even though she had rejected him wholeheartedly before?
 I was happy and at the same time miserable, thinking that in the end they got along without me having to do anything.

 Touka and Hasaki's relationship could be easily repaired without me even stepping in.

"What's wrong, senpai? Your face is a little gloomy?"

"I thought you guys were getting along great "

 At my words, Ike and Touka look at each other with surprise.
 Then, with a gentle smile, Touka said.

"Thanks to senpai"

"Well, that's the way it is. Thanks, Yuuji."

 Ike followed Touka's lead.
 ...... I had no idea what it was.
 What did I do?

 I ponder for a while, unable to pinpoint the exact reason.

 In the end, I don't know the answer.
 I was about to open my mouth to ask what do they mean.

"So, where is Hasaki-senpai?"

 Touka was asking toward Ike.
 Hard to ask my question in the context of this conversation.
 I shall ask again later.

"Kana is the one playing on the court right now."

 Ike answered Touka's question and pointed to the court.
 Looking ahead, I saw that a women's match was about to take place.

 Indeed, Hasaki Kana was there.
 However, what I found there was not a friendly atmosphere Hasaki I had known.

 She was like a different person as she chased the ball with a serious expression on her face and played the match with a strong spirit.
 Having won a long rally, she made a guts pose and made a belligerent voice.


 I thought it was cool to see that look of Hasaki, which I am not used to seeing in everyday life.
 Unable to look away, I was mesmerized by the match――.