Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

15 Study Group (Last)


 During the test period, oddly enough, my after-school hours became more fulfilling.

 I had a study session with Ike, Asakura, and Touka almost every day.
 Ike was able to teach me about subjects I had difficulty with, and I was going to be in the best shape ever for this regular test.

 On the other hand, since that day, Hasaki has stopped participating in study groups, giving this and that reason.
 That's why I was having trouble creating an opportunity for her to make up with Touka.

 Such days passed, and it was a holiday.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Yuuji-senpai!"

 Seeing me waiting near the ticket gate, a smile broke out on Touka's face and she ran up to me with a big wave of her hand.

"Oh"

 I nodded once to her smiling face and then responded.
 Touka stands next to me in holiday mode, wearing brighter-than-usual makeup and with her long, slender, beautiful legs stretched out from her short skirt.

"Then let's go to the café and study, shall we?"

 After those words, Touka and I started walking side by side.


 Touka led me to a stylish café that looked out of place for me.
 Looking around the restaurant, I saw many young female customers who appeared to be high school or college girls, as well as handsome men who seemed to be very conscious of what they were doing, which made me want to turn around and leave the restaurant.

"...I think a family restaurant or something like that would have been fine?"

 I thought it was amazing, like the way Asakura taught me how to mix juices at the drink bar to make an original drink.
 A family restaurant that can do such a thing for only a few hundred yen is amazing, and Asakura is a genius.
 In other words, it is best to study at a family restaurant.

 I thought so, as I was swallowed up by the fashionable atmosphere and tempestuous.

 In response to my question, Touka put her finger to her lips, mouthed the word "Hmm," and then,

"Rejected. Visiting cafes is like going on a date, isn't it ♡"

 She smiled charmingly and cheekily.

"... I guess that's one way of putting it."

 I was stunned, but decided to give up, thinking it was unavoidable.

 Then, at the seat to which we were shown, we checked the menu and placed our order with the waiter.
 I ordered an iced coffee, and Touka ordered a tea with some obscure name.

 Touka and I spread out our study materials on the desk.
 The drinks were brought in just as we were ready.
 After nodding in satisfaction, Touka tells.

"Well then, senpai! It's almost time for the test, let's do our best!"

"That's right"

 When I nodded and answered, she smiled, then looked down at the notebook in her hand with her writing pad.


 For a while, we were concentrating on studying.
 As I was drinking my iced coffee, which had become thinner as the ice melted, Touka suddenly raised her head and opened the menu.

 Then, I was grunted with anxious-looking, "Hmm."

"What's wrong?"

 When I ask her, she looks at me with an upward glance.

"Are you okay with sweets, senpai? I'd like to try these pancakes for a change, but I'm afraid I'll gain weight if I eat all of them, I think... Would you like to eat half of them?"

"I think it's okay to put on a little weight? Touka has good style."

"I've been doing cardio and light strength training to stay in shape! All of this was done to maintain a girlfriend that senpai would be proud of."

 Touka says with a smug look on her face.
 I thought that a fake lover would have nothing to brag about, but I was more impressed that she was still exercising to stay in shape.
 Touka is certainly slender and has a good style.
 Although slender, this does not give the impression of being unhealthy and skinny, but rather healthy and firm.
 As expected Touka is a hard worker, and she is not afraid to maintain her style.

"I don't really understand the logic behind it, but I'm just in the mood for something sweet myself. Fine."

 I answer Touka.
 There was no reason to refuse, both to prevent her from overeating and to replenish her brain's equal supply.

"In other words, you want to eat me, a sweet and lovely girl? ...Senpai is indecent."

 However, Touka, who took a perverse view of my words, glanced at me, stole a glance at my expression, and said such nonsense.

"What are you talking about?"

 I reply with a straight face.

"...Muuh"

 Seeing how I reacted, Touka puffed out her cheeks and glared at me.

 Then Touka kicked me in the shin with her toe.

"What are you doing?"

 ...... Touka kicks quite vigorously. This kick is very painful.

"Don't kick me..."

 I tell Touka without hiding my dissatisfaction.

"Even though senpai is the bad one. ... If you say so, I'll stop kicking you."

 She said, Touka stopped kicking my shins.
 …… But this time, she started pinching and twisting my legs between her legs.

"It tickles me."

 In response to my protest, Touka says teasingly.

"Eh~, if you don't like it so much, why don't you just get rid of my feet yourself?"

 I was a little annoyed at those challenging words.
 Then, as I was told, I touched Touka's leg and tried to brush it off...

"Hyaa!?"

 Touka sounded surprised and her face turned red.
 Then, without me having to move her, she quickly yanked off both legs that were entangled in my legs.

 Then, for a few moments. An awkward silence passed between Touka and me.

"...Perverted senpai, you touched my proud bare feet and didn't say a word, is that so?"

 Pui, Touka said in dissatisfaction as she looked away.

"It's thin, but for some reason it's soft. And... It's kind of smooth. I know it's natural because of the gender difference, but you're so different from me."

 I answered her question about how it felt to touch Touka's legs, as she requested.
 Touka, upon hearing my words, looked surprised, and then, with her face bright red and tears in the corners of her eyes, she said.

"That's not what I meant! I was hoping for something more like that, like panicked or embarrassed... That's the kind of thing I wanted!? Or rather, what you just said is ... normally it's sexual harassment!"

 Even though I was told that, I don't know what kind of statement you were expecting me to make.
 But surely what I just said was sexual harassment, needless to think.

"That's exactly what Touka says. I'm sorry."

 I say so and then bow my head.
 I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable.
 After all, Touka must have been embarrassed.
 In silence, her lips are pulled into a tight knot and her face turns red and teary-eyed.

"...I'm really sorry. I will never touch you in a familiar way again.."

 I apologize again, and Touka hurriedly tells me.

"T-That's not what I meant! I was just a little embarrassed... and surprised! ...It's not that I didn't like being touched by senpai or anything, so please don't worry."

 With a bright red face, Touka muttered.

"No, but..."

 Unconvinced, I muttered.

"Right, I'll order pancakes then! I'll give you half."

 Ignoring my words, Touka called the waiter and ordered.

"...Really, I was just surprised, not that I didn't like it. Don't worry about it."

 Touka said shyly just as the waiter left the table.
 If you can say that much, I'll stop being so nervous too.

 Then,

"... Why don't we feed each other like lovers?"

 Touka said, with her gaze downcast in embarrassment.
 It must have been a joke to change the atmosphere.
 Such healthiness of Touka was kind of cute.

"I'll pass"

 I said this with a wry smile on my face.

"...Eh, don't be modest! Like before, when someone says to me, "I want to see the two of you being like lovers," do senpai think you can properly do something like a lover with me in a natural way!? "

 And Touka, for some reason, explodes with tension.
 What is she talking about, I think to myself again.

"You don't have to do it, right. It's not like you have to show it off."

"What a lenient thing to say!? They will never accept us as lovers until they see us feeding each other! And that somebody who would say such a thing could be coming up in the future! We should start practicing now so that we can feed each other naturally then!"

"... I thought, How could anyone say such a thing? Hasaki has said similar things before."

 I remembered that and muttered.
 For some reason, Touka's expression froze for a moment at the mention of Hasaki's name, and then she turned her head down awkwardly.

"……What's wrong?"

 Curious, I called out to her.

"Well, I was remembering what senpai said about 'Natsuo'."

 Come to think of it, maybe it's since we talked about Natsuo, or the fact that Hasaki doesn't even show up for the study group.
 Still, it's an unusual idea that I don't quite understand, that hearing about Hasaki reminds her of Natsuo.

"Senpai is ...... that. You want to meet Natsuo, don't you?"

"Yeah, of course."

"... Even if Natsuo had changed?"

 With a serious voice, Touka said.
 I nodded strongly and silently at her words.

"That's so. I understand. ... As you may have noticed, I have an idea about that Natsuo, so let me tell you a little story."

 With a somewhat lonely expression on her face, Touka said.

"... That is. That means I might see Natsuo again, right?"

 From the way Ike and Touka looked the other day, I had assumed that I couldn't meet him for some reason.
 Apparently not, and I couldn't hide my surprise.

"That's right. ...If you were friends, I wouldn't blame you for wanting to see him again."

 I couldn't help but question Touka's somewhat self-prompted tone, but more than that, the thought of possibly seeing Natsuo again made me happy.

"But! I want you to promise me something!"

"Promise?"

"Yes. There's nothing wrong with Senpai having friends, and I'm sure I'd be happy for you, too, but.... I'm your only lover! You're not supposed to hit on other girls, but be careful you don't get hit on!? "

 Touka stares at me sharply, tears welling up in the corners of her eyes.
 I had never had a woman in my life, but now that I have a female friend named Hasaki, perhaps Touka feared that it would have a negative impact on our "fake" girlfriend relationship.
 So Touka, who would not want me to have a real girlfriend, must have said this on the condition that I let her see Natsuo.

 ...... But still, isn't that a rather sharp line?
 With that in mind, I answer Touka.

"Rest assured. My lover is only Touka."

"If... If you understand, it's fine, good grief."

 Touka replies with a surprised expression on her face before lowering her gaze.
 And now she is so relieved by my words that I realize the embarrassment of my statement.

 Touka was red up to her ears and turned away to escape from my line of sight.