Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you


25, Declaration of War


 The day after I received a confession from Hasaki.
 I go to school as usual while thinking.
 The usual scene of going to school.

"Uwaa, it's Tomoki..."

"Isn't he looking a little grumpier than usual today?"

"Yikes, if you make eye contact with him, he'll kill you..."

 The students around me look at me, whisper, and walk away quickly.
 Unfortunately, this is the usual school day scene for me.

 But to be told that I looked grumpier than usual when I was just walking around pondering...
 I'm not even allowed to think, I almost lament to myself.

 But thanks to that, there are no students around now. Now I can think with no restraint.
 It was a ridiculous match pump.

 Still, I was surprised that Hasaki Kana and Natsuo were the same person.
 On top of that ... It never crossed my mind that Kana would confess her feelings to me.

 I feel ...... sorry to think again of my decision to reject the confession.
 In particular, I answered her without telling her anything about my "fake" lover relationship with Touka.
 She confronted me head on and I was still lying to her about my relationship with Touka.
 ... I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Good~ morning, Senpa~i ♡"

 The one who called out to me from behind me, cutting me off from my thoughts, was Touka, my "fake" lover.
 With lively steps, she walked up next to me.

"Oh, good morning"

"It's nice weather today, isn't it? Hey, aren't you looking a little scarier than usual? What's wrong?"

 Touka said as she looked into my face as I returned her greeting.
 My face, even from Touka's point of view, was still scary?
 However, even though I scary, I was happy that she was next to me like this and not running away.

 I think as I look at Touka's worried expression.

 I can't imagine being in love with anyone else right now, not just Kana.
 Because I truly like this relationship with Touka.

 So I turned down Kana's confession.
 I don't regret prioritizing my relationship with Touka.

"I was just thinking"

 I said, and Touka gave an upward glance and asked.

"Is this about Natsuo-kun?"

 I was a little surprised at her words.
 However, Touka was aware of Natsuo's true identity, to begin with.
 And ...... it wouldn't have been surprising if she had noticed my behavior since we parted at the station yesterday.

"Yeah, that's right."

"...Did you meet him?"

"Yeah, we met"

 Touka laughs gently at my words.

"Surprised?"

"Yeah, I was surprised"

"Are you happy?"

"Yeah, I was happy. ... Thank you, Touka."

 After responding to Touka's words, which she asked one after another, I thanked her.
 Maybe Kana told me about Natsuo because of momentum ...... but also because Touka pushed her back.

"... Eh, what did you say?"

 Turning away, Touka blandly said, like the hard-of-hearing protagonist in an anime.

"No, nothing"

 ―― No need to thank me, don't worry about it.
 I am sure that is what she is trying to say.
 I really thought Touka was a good girl.
 Then I won't say anything more either.

 With that in mind, as Touka and I were walking... 

"Ah, good morning!"

 From behind me, I was greeted by a cheerful voice.
 I turned around and saw Kana waving at us.

"Good morning"

 With a soft smile, Touka returned Kana's greeting.

"...Oh, good morning"

 I also greet her.
 Seeing Kana's face reminded me of yesterday and I was a little embarrassed.
 But we are going to build our friendship anew.
 This is how Kana is walking up to us.

 It was a nice thing.

 Kana went on and lined up next to us.

"Thanks for the support yesterday, you two!"

 She thanked us and ――














"You look so cool today, Yuuji-kun ♡!"















 Squeeze.
 Kana entangled her arm with mine.

"……Ha?"

"... HAaa!?"

 Me and Touka were stunned for a moment, and then simultaneously surprised.

"What are you doing, Kana?"

"What, you said ... it's skinship?"

 At my words, she tilts her head and says as a matter of course.
 Skinship, she said... Is this normal for men and women who are friends?
 When Kana said it as if it was a matter of course, I was puzzled and thought so.

"... Yuuji-kun? Kana?"

 The sharp sound of Touka's voice reaches my ears.

"Yes, we started calling each other by our first names yesterday. Right, Yuuji-kun?"

 Kana responded to Touka's muttering and asked me to agree.

"Y-Yeah. That's right."

"Haah !? Why did that happen !? You said you only met him as Natsuo..."

 Touka, looking puzzled, said so.
 When I was about to open my mouth to explain what happened...

"You haven't told Touka-chan yet? I confessed my feelings to Yuuji-kun yesterday?"

 Says Kana.

"Eh? ...... Eh"

 Touka mutters with a stunned expression.

"I got turned down, though"

 Kana says, looking at me with a grudge.

"I-I see that was the case. ...T-That's, for Yuuji-senpai? Because he has me, his girlfriend. It's only natural that he can't respond to the feelings of Hasaki-senpai, though, isn't it?"

 Touka says with a proud expression.

"... Ahre? Then why are you trying to mess with my boyfriend! It's really unbelievable! Can't you just get away from him right now!?"


 Then, as if angered, Touka continued.
 She tried to pull us apart by force, but Kana gave her a wicked look and told Touka.

"I've had my confession turned down. But I didn't have to give up. I was told, 'You can confess as many times as you want until you succeed or until you give up'. In other words, I'm approaching Yuuji-kun with his permission, right?"

"Ha? There is no way senpai would say such a terrible thing. If you're going to tell a lie, you might as well tell a better one. Right, senpai?"

 Touka dismissed it as if it was foolish, and then turned to me and asked.
 I nodded to her words.

 Yesterday, I had flatly rejected Kana's confession.

"Right right, no way I said that kind of... Ah!?"

 But as I said it, I realized.

 Come to think of it, there was something like that...

 Of course, I didn't say it as a reply to Kana's confession.
 Still, I definitely said that to Kana, who I assumed was depressed because she had been dumped by Ike.

"... Eh, what is that reaction? Did you say that? Did you just make a declaration to keep her on the hook, senpai?"

 With a look of despair, Touka asks again.
 This is something he scorned...

"...Indeed, I said."

"H-Haah!?"

 Touka stares at me with teary eyes.
 I knew I was only making excuses, but I was just trying to explain it to Touka...

"That's how it is! That's why I'm doing this so that I can go from being on hook to a true girlfriend ♡"

 Kana, smiling happily, put a tight squeeze on her own arm, which was entwined with mine.

"Eh? What's that ... What's that?"

 Kana continues to speak to Touka, whose eyes have lost their light, muttering in a whisper.

"I am going to make a strong appeal from now on until my confession to Yuuji-kun is successful. So, Touka-chan――"


 Kana continues, closing one eye and clasping her hands together.


"I'm sorry if I took Yuuji-kun, okay?"

 Hearing these words, Touka stares at Kana with a lifeless expression.

"No, Kana! I didn't mean it that way...!"

 I opened my mouth to make excuses,

"I made sure of it then, and I even got a verbal commitment. I won't listen to your pretending not to know now, definitely!"

 Kana brushed it off.

 It was pathetic, but I couldn't say anything back to her as it was.
 ...... It was completely I reap what I sow.

 I'm cornered and her eyes meet mine perfectly.
 Kana's cheeks reddened slightly in embarrassment, but she still declared straight away.


"That's how it is, you two. ...... Be prepared from now on, okay?"


 Her radiant, bewitching smile caught my gaze, and I couldn't help but notice her ――.

 Unexpectedly, her smile made me feel a sense of thumping.