Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Another Declaration of War


 …… Ah~, mou!
 I seriously don't get it!? 

 Today I was more irritated than ever because of the fact that Hasaki-senpai had been making flirtatious attempts at Yuuji-senpai since early in the morning.

 Senpai wanted to see Natsuo, so I asked her to explain the situation to him...
 I never thought she would confess to him!

 But, thinking back.
 Indeed, that person always had a somewhat gloomy expression on her face when I and senpai were together.
 I interpreted it as the fact that she probably felt guilty for not being able to tell her old friend, senpai, that she had lied about her name and gender, and I pushed her back.


 ... I didn't think she liked him enough to confess without fear of me, his girlfriend!


"Touka-sama, isn't she in a bad mood today?"

"Eh, you don't know? That yankee boyfriend seems to be two-timing her with that a senior from tennis who has big bre*asts."

"Uwwa, really !? That would put her in a bad mood."

"I feel super sorry for her..."

 My classmates sneak around and gossip about me.
 Normally, I would respond with a relaxed manner, but ...... I wasn't likely to be able to do that now.

 No one was fierce enough to try to talk to me, feeling down and unable to hide my grumpiness.

"Hey, Touka. Don't be so depressed."

 Or so I thought, but only one person showed up to speak to me.

 That guy is a boy in the same class.
 Yanhomo shaved head, Kai Rekka.

 I looked up and silently looked at his face.
 Kai-kun, smiling shyly for some reason, told me his words of encouragement.

"Tomoki-senpai would never cheat on you, right? If he was having an affair, it was obviously with something in mind. ......I know you're anxious but just trust and wait. "

 ...... What is he smiling about?

 I was annoyed at Kai-kun, who looked embarrassed.

 I mean, why are you embarrassed?
 Maybe it's, "Since Hasaki-senpai is putting up a good fight, maybe I have a chance too!" Is that what he thinks?

 ...... It's unlikely possible, isn't it?
 I shake my head and chase the thought away.

 For once, he was concerned about me and approached me.
 I still haven't forgiven him for what he did to senpai, though.
 Even so, I was ...... grateful that he believed in senpai and reached out to me, as he is doing now.

"Yeah, thank you. Kai-kun."

"Yeah, don't worry, Touka"

 Kai-kun smiled at me and then told me so,

"Besides, Hasaki-senpai is putting up a good fight ...... so I might have a chance."

 He mumbled quietly.
 His face was ecstatic and his cheeks were bright red, just like a maiden in love.

 ...... No, no way.
 Seriously no way, this yanhomo shaved head.





 ―― On this day, I made up my mind that I would never forgive Kai Rekka for the rest of my life.






 And it was lunch break.

 As soon as class was over, I rushed to the classroom where senpai was.
 ...... I wanted to see senpai as soon as possible.
 If I didn't meet and talked to him, I would have gone crazy.

"Senpai, let's lunch...!?"

 As usual, I opened the classroom door and tried to call out to senpai ...... and I got stuck on words.
 Yuuji-senpai was definitely in the classroom,

"Yuuji-kun, I made a lunch box today, so let's eat together, shall we?"

"Eh? Really?"

"Yeah ♡ See, it's my handmade lunch box!"

 Holding up two bento packages while entwining herself in senpai's arms, Hasaki Kana ...... renamed, a shameless thieving cat.
 Senpai was bewildered, but as he looked at the lunch box she was holding, he said, "Eh, serious?".

 I went to the two people who had such a conversation and called out from behind.

"Um, Hasaki-senpai? Can you please stop making advances towards my boyfriend? Yuuji-senpai is going to have lunch with me?"

 At my words, Yuuji-senpai jolts his shoulders and then turns around.
 Hasaki-senpai, with a mischievous smile on her face,

"Ah, Yaho, Touka-chan. It's fine, I'm sure it tastes better if we all eat together, right? If you want, you can try some of the food I made for lunch!"

"Super no"

"Mo, Touka-chan is scary~!"

 Saying so, Hasaki-senpai pushes her own bre*asts further against Yuuji-senpai.
 Senpai didn't seem to react in any particular way, but ...... still, I was pissed off.

"Oh, man, that's Ike's sister"

"Is it a real carnage..."

"Why do Ike is not in the classroom at a time like this..."

 Students around us were whispering to each other when they saw us.
 When I glanced at them and they all turned away all at once.
 Then a few of the boys begin to imitate whistling.

 I've been aware of it, albeit dimly, but aren't people in this class too flippant?
 ...... I'm super pissed off, though?

"Sorry, Kana. We can't have lunch together today. ... Also, is it time for you to take a step back?"

"Eh?", she said in dissatisfaction, but seeing senpai's serious expression, Hasaki-senpai quickly moved away from him.

"...Got it. I'll put up with not being able to eat with you for today. But I made a lunch box for Yuuji-kun, you know? I'd be happy if you ate it."

 She said teasingly, fidgeting, and senpai nodded slowly.

"Oh, thank you, I'll take it"

 Having said that, Yuuji-senpai received a lunch box from Hasaki-senpai.

"Ehehe. If you don’t mind, please tell me your impressions later?"

 With a happy smile on her face, Hasaki-senpai says.

"Oh"

 Yuuji-senpai replied to her words and then,

"Let's go, Touka"

 Then he turned to me and gave me an apologetic look.
 I had a lot of things to say and complained about.

 I couldn't say anything, I could only stare at Yuuji-senpai with moist eyes as if I was taking out my frustration on him.


"It's been a while since I hadn't felt that uncomfortable in the classroom ..."

 After we got to the rooftop, I laid down the sheet as usual, and senpai let out a big sigh before saying so in a troubled tone.

"I was also super uncomfortable in the classroom because of the rumors that senpai had already declared his intentions to keep Hasaki-senpai, you know?"

"... I'm sorry, I was careless."

"... I think it was absolutely careless of you to accept that lunch box, though?"

 I asked as I watched my senpai open the package of lunch box that he had received from Hasaki-senpai.

"She made it for me. ... How could I not eat it"

"Once you receive it, then she will take the initiative and keep on making them!? That's a problem, isn't it?"

"Sure, that might be a problem ... But I'm happy that she made me a lunch box."

 Senpai says in a gentle tone of voice while smiling bitterly.
 ...... Stab, a thorn was stuck in my heart.

"Whoa!"

 And when Yuuji-senpai saw what was in the lunch box, he raised his voice.
 What happened? With that in mind, I also looked into his lunch box.

"Uwah, heavy..."

 I couldn't help but mutter.
 On top of the white rice, a heart mark was made with sakura-denbu.

 I was taken aback by the thick skin of the person who, even though she was just a friend, was willing to adopt an idea that even I had rejected after several hours of hesitation, even though I was a fake lover.

"Don't say that."

 The senior said so awkwardly.
 Perhaps he himself would have pulled back when he saw that heart mark.
 Still, senpai is so kind that he would probably say something like that, defending Hasaki-senpai.

 And Yuuji-senpai picked up a pair of chopsticks.

"Itadakimasu"

 Yuuji-senpai starts eating lunch.
 He had a mini hamburger steak that looked homemade.
 After a look of satisfaction on his face, the chopsticks went from one to the other.

 I couldn't help but ask senpai, who then devoured his bento without missing a bite.

"……Was it delicious?"

"Oh, it's delicious"

"...Which one is better, the lunch box I made or the one she made?"

"Both are delicious. ... I can't compare them."

 As if in trouble, senpai said so.
 ...... Now my question may have been an unpleasant kind of question.
 But I'm curious. I'm super curious.

 To me, conflicted like that, senpai tells me.

""I want this fake lovers relationship to continue until we get sick of this". Touka said so before, right?"

 Senpai with a serious expression.
 I saw the look on his face and my heart tightened.
 ... I could sort of guess what senpai was going to say.

"I like this relationship. When Kana confessed to me, I wanted to continue being a fake lover with Touka. I have no regrets about that. But ... I thought about it again and I have thought"

"……What is it?"

 I asked him but ...... really didn't want to hear any more of what he had to say.

"If I find someone I like. Then I'm sure I'll end my 'fake lover relationship' with Touka. ... I don't know if I could ever love anyone seriously, but if the time ever comes ... I will tell Touka properly."

 I am honestly happy that senpai values our relationship.
 However, after all, I am no more than an "important junior".
 It's frustrating ...

"That's why you declared to keep Hasaki-senpai?"

 I said something like that.

"I know it sounds like an excuse. I mistakenly thought Kana was in love with Ike. And because I encouraged her with that misunderstanding... We're in a situation like this right now"

 Senpai says apologetically.
 Seeing that expression, I hate myself.

 ...... I am the worst.
 It's obvious that senpai doesn't mean any harm.
 I'm not sure if senpai likes me or not, and I feel insecure all the time, so I take it out on him by asking him things that I shouldn't ask him... and hurt him.

"I know, senpai would never do such a terrible thing. ... a little, I want to tease you."

"I don't mind, thank you."

 Senpai said with a gentle smile.

 ...... Even though I don't deserve to be thanked for what I'm doing now.
 There is essentially no need for Yuuji-senpai to be troubled by receiving a confession from Hassaki-senpai.
 If it were not for my relationship with him, he would have been able to interact with Hasaki-senpai more easily, whether it was to become his girlfriend or to refuse her confession.

 I am making my senpai feel unnecessary guilt because I was spoiled and asked him for a "fake lover relationship".

 I understand that, but ... I thought I absolutely didn't like it.

 I didn't mean it that way.

 Because I want you to be with me.
 Because I don't want you to be lovers with anyone else.
 Because I want you to like me.

 So I.
 I'm having senpai be my "fake lover".



 I have to tell Yuuji-senpai how I feel.
 ……That's what I thought.

"Um, senpai!"

 I call out to senpai.
 I have to tell the truth so as not to bother senpai any more.

"Hmm, what?"

 ―― I like senpai, please go out with me. 

"I-I ... I am!"

 I strain my voice as hard as I can.
 But ... The words are not continuing. 

 If I told him the truth.
 Just like Hasaki-senpai, senpai might scorn me for imposing a relationship that is convenient without making a proper confession.

 When I think so, I'm scared ――

"I... don't intend to be lovers with anyone other than senpai."

 Without being able to say I like you, I tell him how I feel.

"I see. I'm glad Touka likes this relationship too."

 Senpai scratched his cheeks in embarrassment.
 ……I knew it.
 Senpai probably has been avoided by people so much that he thinks, "There's no way I'll ever be liked".
 That is why, if I want to tell him how I feel.
 I need to be more direct like Hasaki-senpai.

"……Idiot"

 I muttered.
 In a voice so quiet that even senpai sitting next to me could not hear it.
 That is not a word against senpai, but against myself.


 All my life I have wanted people to accept me as I am.
I've suffered because I wanted to be recognized for who I am, not for being "a special brother's sister."

 But now.
 I had become afraid to expose my true feelings.

 I want senpai to think I'm a good girl.
 I want him to think I'm cute.

 I want him to say, I like you.

 I am sly and cowardly, I think only of myself... I hate it.
 That person who properly confessed and expressed her feelings is much more amazing.

 I look at senpai drinking a can of coffee with a melancholy profile from the side.

 When I think of senpai, my heart aches. It makes me sad.
 I once again realize that I don't want to give him to anyone.

 I thought, "I love him".
 I sincerely hope that we will be together forever.

 How much easier would it be if I could honestly express these feelings?
 Even though I think so, I am afraid that this relationship will break, that this cozy relationship will change ―― I am afraid and feel scared, it could not be helped.


 Whirling, uncontrollable thoughts and feelings are running around in my head and in my chest.

 
"You have something to say, don't you? Tell me anything."


 As I pondered in silence, senpai calmly asked me.
 He may have mistakenly thought that I was dissatisfied with senpai's thinking.
 Seeing my vague attitude, I think it can't be helped.

 …… So I am determined and stand up.

"I decided"

 Then, after making eye contact with senpai ―― I tell him.




















"I will make senpai fall in love with me!"














"...Ha? What are you talking about, Touka?"

 With a blank expression on his face, senpai said.
 ...... No wonder he does so, I think.
 Because even I don't understand the meaning of such a declaration.

 But still.
 I was aware of this love affair, and I couldn't leave anything unsaid.

"I just said that, right! "I have no intention of becoming a lover with anyone other than senpai"!"

"Yeah, you said it. ... And that?"

"In order for me to have a healthy school life, having a lover, Yuuji-senpai, is essential!"

"And if a guy like me who is hated by everyone is your lover, it's a great way to avoid men."

 As if in self-mockery, senpai said.
 I know it's my fault for not conveying it properly, but...

 I didn't want him to make that misunderstanding.
 I didn't want him to think that he would never be favored by anyone.


 Because for me, Yuuji-senpai is.
 Kind and dependable ... He's the coolest guy in the world, and I love him.


"So I don't want to give you to Hasaki-senpai! I want you to be my lover forever!"

 I know these words do not convey my true feelings.
 I think he definitely misunderstood me because of the previous statement.

"――So, if you make me fall in love with you, you will have no problem and you will be able to stay in school. Is that what you mean?"

 With a stunned look, senpai said.
 I nod.
 Then, senpai who saw it,

"Well, please go easy on me"

 He laughed softly and said.
 I point my finger at such senpai. 

"No, I won't go easy on you! I'm going to be aggressive!"



 I can only express my feelings like this now, through deceiving.
 I will definitely be able to express my feelings straight to senpai.





"So ―― please be prepared, senpai!"



 So ―― until then.
 Don't be anyone else's but mine, senpai?



 With a prayerful thought, I declared this to my beloved senpai.