Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 1, There’s No Way A Side Character Like Me Could Be Popular, Right?


 My life so far has been undeniably the worst.

My physical characteristics of a "scary face" and my natural reticence to speak made me feared and rarely liked by others.

 Before I knew it, the first friend I had made was no longer with me.

 It had been a long time since I had been in such a situation.
 I had half-heartedly resigned myself to the fact that it was impossible for anyone else to like me.

 …… But now it's different.

 In the high school I went to, there was Ike Haruma, the main character in this world.

 Good-looking, athletics. On top of that, he's a well-liked man with impeccable character.
 I'm not exaggerating when I say that my relationships and my life have changed a lot since I became the "friend character" of this perfect super protagonist, Ike. 


 Ike's younger sister was holding a complex because she was the younger sister of Ike, Ike Touka.
 Touka, who is brilliant herself, is tormented by the fact that she grew up next to her "special" brother.
 I met her, shared my true feelings with her, and deepened our bond.
 Although we are fake lovers, we are now partners who can trust each other.
 ...I think that's how I feel about Touka.


 And the friend I thought had left me, Natsuo... come again as Hasaki Kana.
 The friend that I thought was a man was actually a woman.
 I wasn't expecting such a goofy event to happen to me, and I was surprised, but more than that ――.
 I was surprised that she had confessed her feelings to me.

 In the end, I didn't respond to her feelings, but I was still happy that she told me that she liked me.


 These three people were not the only ones who took a liking to me, as I was constantly being hated.

 Tanaka-senpai, a student council member, and Suzuki, a student council member, recognized me as I helped out with various things through Ike.

 I was helping out with the student council and had a conversation with my classmate, Asakura Yoshito, who became my friend after the misunderstanding was cleared up.

 And then there's kouhai, Kai Rekka, who we've come to understand after beating each other.


 ―― And there's one other person apart from Ike.
 There is another person who I can say has changed my life.

 The person who gave me a helping hand when I was at my bottom, Makiri Chiaki-sensei.
 Sometimes strict, sometimes warm-watching me ―― she was the teacher I had never met before.


 Thanks to them, I've been able to live my "youth"… to the point where I can say it's not so bad.

 I can say it now ―― with all my heart.




 It was a hot night when my second year's final exams were over and summer vacation was about to begin.


"... What, wrong...?"


 Makiri-sensei usually wears a neat suit, but on this occasion, her buttons were unbuttoned and her breasts were bare.
 As I desperately tried to avert my gaze from it, I heard Makiri-sensei's mumbling voice reaching my ears in a broken voice.


"Excuse me, what did you say?"


 At my question, Makiri-sensei's cheeks flushed red.
 Then she looked at me with moist eyes.

 ...... What the heck is this? Is this some kind of forbidden love confession between a teacher and a student?
 No, it's just that Kana's confession was an unusual situation, and it's not something that would normally happen to me as a "friend character", and there's no way Makiri-sensei would say such a thing in the first place.

 Then what the hell is she trying to say?

 I tensed up and met Makiri-sensei’s line of sight.
 Makiri-sensei has a debauched look on her face, and her lips, which are bright red, open wide.
















"I said~! What's wrong with being a virgin at 23~!?!!?"

















 She shouted.



 ―― I'm a friend character, there's no way I'm popular.
 That's natural...


"E~Etto. What can I say.... Eeh~?"


 As expected, Makiri-sensei’s remarks were so unexpected that all I could do was mutter to myself in a dumbfounded way――