Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2, The Angry Asakura


 The end of June, near the end of the rainy season.
 One day after school, the sun shone brightly in the sky without rain, reminding us that summer will soon be here.

"Senpa~i, I don't understand this part, please tell me~ ♡"

 Even though it was such a beautiful day, we were having a study session for the final exam with the same members as we had for the midterm the other day.

 Ike Touka, the girl sitting next to me in a box seat at a family restaurant near the station, asked me in a sweet voice.

"Hmm, oh. This is..."

 Touka, who asked me a cunning question, is a talented woman who has been ranked first in her grade in the entrance exam and midterm tests, but she is one year below me.
 I'm a pretty good student myself, so I can teach the first year's content like this.

"Ah, I see! I understand, senpai, you're really good at teaching, aren't you~!"

 When I explained the main points, Touka immediately understood.
 I guess it wasn't so much the way I taught her, but rather the fact that her natural comprehension was off the charts.

"As expected from my boyfriend, you are wonderful ♡"

 And then she winks at me, because she is my "fake" girlfriend, and appeals to the people around her.
 ...And one more thing, she's trying to make me fall in love with her for one reason or another.
 That's why her bruising appeal has become more obvious than before.


"Ne~e, ne~e, Yuuji-kun. There was a part that I didn't understand either, can you teach me?"


 Putting her hand on my thigh, Hasaki Kana, the girl sitting next to me on the opposite side of the room from Touka, called out to me.

"Hmm, where?"

"Etto, it's this part..."

 I explained the problem that Kana had stumbled upon.
 She didn't understand it as quickly as Touka, but I'll try to explain it to her in a way that catches her attention.

"I get it! I see, that's what it's all about. Thank you, Yuuji-kun!"

"Ah, don't worry about it. I'll know how much I understand if I teach you, so it'll be good for me."

 I reply to Kana's words of thanks.
 If I can't answer her question, I will automatically outsource the question.

 I turned my gaze to Ike Haruma, my outsourcing partner, who was sitting across from me.
 He noticed my gaze and smiled briskly.
 ......He was so handsome that I couldn't help but feel jealous.

"Eeh, Yuuji-kun is smart, cool, kind, and dependable.... I fell in love with you all over again."

 With that said, Kana is leaning coquettishly against me.
 …… Yes, this is the reason why Touka is trying to make me fall in love with her.

 Hasaki Kana is in love with me for some reason.
 That's why Touka is making a lot of appeals to Kana to make sure that I don't get attached to her and end our "fake" relationship.

 I clearly rejected Kana’s confession once.
 However, she had a misunderstanding and I told her that "she could confess over and over again until she succeeded or gave up".
 That's why I couldn't help but strongly refuse the current appeal now.


"... Hey, Hasaki-senpai? Can you please stop ogling my boyfriend’s kindness? Or rather, that's exactly what I said during the midterm test, so can you please stop?"

 This seemed to make Touka very displeased.

"Eh, Touka-chan is scary. I mean, you're the type of girl who restricts him. I thought you'd be a little more casual about dating... It's quite heavy."

"Ha~a? I'm heavy!? I don't want to be told only by you! This... Natsuo!"

"I-It's true that I was often mistaken for a boy before, but... but now, even Touka-chan is no match for me."

 Yes, Kana used to be mistaken for a boy, and in fact, I used to think she was a boy too.
 That was my old best friend, "Natsuo".

 However, she had become an idol-level beautiful girl with her chestnut-colored hair in a side-tail and her face with a less neutral atmosphere.
 And... she has pretty big breasts, and no one would mistake Kana for a man now.

"This meat bun ghost...!"

 With blue streaks on her temples, Touka muttered in frustration.

"What is a meat bun ghost !?"

 Looking at Kana's confused bosom, I kind of guessed.

"In fact, wouldn't it be better for Hasaki-senpai to be taught by my brother? I don't want you to be a burden to my boyfriend, okay?"

 When Touka told her that, shelving herself as best she could, Kana looked down.
 With her head down, Kana laid her own hand on my hand as I held the notebook.
 The warmth of her hand made my shoulders jump.

"If it's bothering Yuuji-kun, I won't force you to teach me, you know? But I want Yuuji-kun to teach me..... and about various things."

 Kana gave me a charming look and squeezed my hand.

"So... why don't you ask my brother to teach you all that stuff too?"

 Touka then slapped Kana's hand on my hand.
 Touka and Kana were in a heated situation with me in the middle.

 Seeing this, Asakura, sitting next to Ike, turned his face down and trembled.
 Asakura has a nice and gentle personality, but... I think it's probably at the end of his patience.
 With all this noise, there was no way he could concentrate on his studies.

 I let out a sigh, and then,

"Touka, Kana"

 I call out their names.

"What is it, senpai?"

"What's wrong, Yuuji-kun?"

 They happily reply to me.
 After seeing the expressions on their faces, I made myself clear.

"What are we here for? If you're going to interfere with the study, then both of you can leave."

 I said sternly to the two of them.
 Then, although Touka had a slightly dissatisfied expression on her face,

"Yes, I'm sorry about that."

 She said.

"Yes, you're right. I'll try to not get in the way."

 Kana had a happy expression for some reason. ...... Really, why?

 But now we can concentrate on our studies. Asakura must have been relieved.
 With that in mind, I turned my gaze toward him,

"Why...!"

 Asakura looked down and shouted, pressing his fist against the table.

 Was it too late?

 Thinking so, I looked at Asakura, who must have been glaring at me ――

"Why... why am I the only one who's not popular!?"

 ...... He lamented with a despairing expression.

"Ike is always surrounded by girls and treated well! Tomoki has Touka-chan, the prettiest girl of first-year and Hasaki, everyone's idol, waiting for him... This is not fair!"

 After saying that, Asakura became expressionless with eyes like a dead fish.
 ...... What should I say in this situation?

 Asakura always livened up the place and had good communication skills that allowed him to treat people like me without discrimination.
 He always does his best in club activities, and I'm sure someone will fall in love with Asakura soon, no need to be so depressed...

 Even if I say this directly as I have a girlfriend named Touka and a beautiful girl named Kana (or so it seems) at my side, does it not sound sarcastic?
 Think for a moment... I realized I shouldn't say anything.

"Asakura-kun is a good person. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful girlfriend."

"Right, Asakura-senpai has a good eye for people."

 And it was the two girls, surprisingly, who immediately followed up with words of encouragement.
 Asakura is easily understandable cheered up by the fairly positive comments.

"Eh, is that so? ... Just for reference, can you tell me what's so great about me?"

 Asakura rubs the tip of his nose in embarrassment and asks them a question.

"I think it's wonderful that you're not afraid of Yuuji-kun!"

"The part where you're Yuuji-senpai's friend, I guess ♡"

 Then they both replied with a look of enjoyment on their faces.
 The answer brought a blank look to Asakura's face.

 Then he turned his head toward Ike.

"... Ike, knock some study into me. I can not afford to be defeated even in my studies by these Riajuu*...!" (Note: a person fulfilled in real-life or normie)

 Asakura says, looking at me with expressionless, grudge-filled eyes. Scary…….

"...Right, it's good to be motivated. So, Touka and Kana, don't interfere with the study."

 Ike smiled at Asakura, then cautioned Touka and Kana.
 They both looked unhappy with the warning they received,

"I got scolded. Mou, if senpai had just rejected Hasaki-senpai more clearly, this wouldn't have happened! Senpai, please reflect properly on what you did, okay?"

"If Yuuji-kun had just fallen to me sooner, I think Asakura-kun wouldn't have been so angry. Yuuji-kun is so mean!"

 I've been whispered from both sides.
 Feeling awkward, I twitched, and as I did, Asakura's figure came into view.

 It may have been an optical illusion, but I thought I saw a black aura of resentment around Asakura.

 Then I looked at Touka and Kana, who were looking up at me with their cheeks dyed red, and I let out a sigh.