Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 1 | I've Been Plotting | Remake our Life!

Part 1

    The sound of the motor of a large refrigerator echoed quietly in the background. On the other side of the wall, there is a radio-like program that plays repeatedly and an advertisement for a product.

    "Nn... Chyu, it's no good... We're going to be seen here, aren't we?"

    "It's okay, I want to be seen... It's more exciting that way, right... Nn"

    "Mou... N-Nn..."

    The voice heard in the meantime.

    It's an unusual atmosphere no matter how I think about it.

    I'm currently working at a late-night convenience store. Three times a week, I work the late-night shift at Dawson's Tokiwa-machi store. As I was replenishing the drinks as usual, I heard some voices whispering from the store through the shelves.

    There are plenty of people chatting and laughing in convenience stores. Including energetic college students like us, who are shouting and screaming.

    However, what I heard from inside the store at that moment was a distinctly different conversation.

    "... Hey, when we get back... okay..."

    "Even if you don't say it now... Ah, hey... Don't touch it..."

    This is no good, by the time I thought they were starting to do something, the action had already heated up.

    (What should I do? I guess I should warn them?)

    In the meantime, we were instructed to call out to customers who were behaving suspiciously in the store and warn them. If the behavior is obviously dangerous, the policemen will be there from the beginning, but in this case, the behavior is dangerous in a different sense, so I guess the first step is to talk to them.

    There were no other customers in the store at the moment, and the only stoppers for them were the security cameras and us store clerks. I don't know if they knew that or not, but as usual, they showed no signs of stopping their flirting.

    (I just want them to stop naturally, if possible)

    I had two reasons for wanting to do so. First, they didn't seem like very nice people. I was used to dealing with all kinds of complaints, and I wasn't afraid of them, but I didn't want to get involved with them because they just seemed troublesome.

    And the other one is,

    "... Ah, Aaaah..."

    It was for the emotional education of this girl, Kogure Nanako, who had completely stopped thinking in front of me.

    "N-Ne~e, Kyouya, what are they doing, those people..."

    She watched with her mouth open, watching the affair that she could see in between.

    "Nanako, let's replenish for the time being"

    "Ah, yeah"

    Nanako nodded and refilled the drinks in completely the wrong place. She seems to be completely distracted. It's rare for a girl to be so different from what she looks like on the outside and what she is on the inside, or perhaps she's so weak from "that kind of talk" that I wonder if she's really an adult.

    (But...)

    Although Nanako like that, there were times when she had a strangely aggressive attitude.

    Once, when she was working a shift with me, she consciously pressed her breasts against me. She doesn't usually make that kind of appeal, but her behavior, the feeling of it, and then her words, "I won't lose".

    Obviously, the words were conscious of me and someone, so it was quite a shock at that time.

    Or rather, the tension is still going on.

    (Can we talk for a minute... huh?)

    Those were the words she said to me at the end of the doujin game production.

    After that, Nanako hadn't brought up that “talk” yet, partly because of a lot had happened with Tsurayuki.

    If it comes up, I'll have to be prepared for anything.

    (I wonder when it's going to explode...)

    Since then, whenever I was alone with Nanako, I was always forced to be nervous. It was as if I was carrying a C4 in my chest that would explode without warning.

    Anyway, when I was thinking of telling her that she was putting the juice in the wrong place,

    "Ne~e, Kyouya ..."

    Nanako, who had been watching the event through the shelves, suddenly opened her mouth.

    "Kyouya, with Shinoaki..."

    I felt a tingle of electricity run through my body.

    I-I never thought she'd talk about it here!

    Indeed, I was a bit prepared for it, but when it actually happened, I was shaken to death. Or rather, I have no idea how to respond.

    How will this go on? Is it "Are you guys dating?". We're not dating yet, but if I tell her that honestly, the next question will be, "So, do you like her?" I guess.

    The answer to that question is really serious, and whether it's YES or NO, it comes with some kind of hurt. But not answering is probably not an option.



    As I secretly prepared to shed my blood, the moment Nanako opened her mouth,

    "Nanako-chan, come to the register"

    I heard a voice of salvation from Sakurai-san, another part-timer in the store.

    "Ah, yes!"

    "Sorry, in the middle of the talk. I'm going."

    "Y-Yeah......."

    For now, I put down the box of juice that I had been holding throughout the conversation and breathed a sigh of relief from the tension in my body.

    "I-I thought I was going to die."

    I managed to come back alive, but it was clear that the crisis would continue as long as my part-time job continued. Since she said "in the middle of the talk," there would be a continuation of this talk someday.

    "I wish the production would stop like this..."

    If it were an anime, this would be a riot, but I didn't want this story to continue now.