Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 12, 300 Points is Perfect Score


 Touka and Kana were arguing, and we moved away from the front of Pachiko.
 Since we had no plan for the day, we decided to talk about what we were going to do as we walked down the street.

"Is there anything you want to do?"

 When Ike asked, Touka responded first.

"I think I'll go to karaoke alone with senpai, so you two are free to go. See you then!"

 Then she grabbed my arm tightly and tried to pull me away from them, but,

"I'm going to watch a movie where Yuuji-kun and I can get into a good mood, so why don't Touka-chan and Haruma, siblings can spend some time together."

 Kana says in a firm tone of voice, then pulls on the arm opposite to the one Touka grabs.

"Unfortunately, Yuuji-senpai and I already went to the movie together. It turned out to be a nice atmosphere, didn't it? But, I'm not in the mood for a movie today, right?"

"Yeah, that's right."

 I don't know if I was in a good mood to watch that turn-of-the-century movie, but I was certainly not in the mood to watch a movie, so I nodded at Touka's words.
 Then, Kana hangs her head down.

"...We'll see the movie later"

 I felt sorry for her, so when I said that to Kana, her expression brightened up.
 After then,

"Yeah, it's a promise?"

 She said with a big smile on her face, and I nodded my head.

"... Senpai? In front of your girlfriend, inviting another girl out on a date, that's just the worst."

 Touka said, her face turning red and looking displeased.

"That means we'll all go together next time."

 Kana is an important friend to me now.
 I want to cherish my relationship with her as much as I cherish my "fake" relationship with Touka.

"Still, it's good.... for now, though, right?"

 Kana gave a gentle smile.

 I'm sure I'm hurting her without even knowing it.
 As long as I don't respond to her feelings, I'll probably hurt her in this way.
 I'm sorry for that.

 However ――.

"Yeah"

 I also felt that I shouldn't apologize here and now.
 So I answered with one word. 

"... Senpai is idiot, womanizer"

 It was Touka who muttered in dissatisfaction.

"Don't speak ill of me. I'm not a womanizer."

"... That's right. Senpai is not only seducing girls."

 Touka blames me with her so-called "staring eyes".

"……What do you mean?"

 I didn't understand what she meant at all, so I asked her honestly.

"Ignorance is bliss. People of old have said some good things..."

 Touka muttered with a somewhat resolved expression on her face.

"... So, in the end, what are we going to do?"

 Ike, who had been watching our conversation, asked with a wry smile on his face.
 ...... I realize that we hadn't been talking about it at all.
 With that in mind, I looked around and one building caught my eye.

"Why don't we go in there and figure it out?"

 I pointed to a large amusement center. 
 That place has the karaoke that Touka mentioned earlier, as well as game centers, bowling, and various sports facilities.

"Isn't it good?"

"I think it's good too"

"It's decided"

 So, the destination was decided quite easily.


 And then we'll talk about what we're going to do after we get through the reception...

"Come to think of it, I've never been bowling."

"Eh !? Is that so?"

"Yeah. I've never had anyone to go with before, and I've never thought to do it alone."

 At my words, Touka looked at Ike and Kana.

"Come to think of it, I've never done that before."

"When he was playing with me, we mostly played outside, right."

 Ike said apologetically, and Kana said nostalgically.

"By the way, I've never even played karaoke. Same reason."

 I said, and the three of them smiled gently, then said.

"Well, since we're here, let's go bowling and karaoke."

"Yeah, I guess so. I bet it would be fun to do it together?"

"Oh, just right"

 ...... I was embarrassed by the warmth of their words, 

"Oh, let's do that"

 I nodded honestly.


 So we decided to go bowling first.
 After renting shoes at the dedicated bowling reception desk, we were led to the lanes.

 Each person borrowed a ball, and the game began.
 Ike, the first player, throws the ball with a steady form.
 The ball curved beautifully and went straight to the pins, knocking them all down.

 A strike from the first throw, as expected from Star Ike.

"Oh, that's amazing"

"You're looking well today."

 Kana said and high-fived Ike, with a smile.
 By the way, Touka completely ignored Ike.

"That's awesome"

"Thank you"

 I followed Kana's lead and high-fived Ike.
 Then... for some reason, Kana, who had been looking at me, changed the color of her eyes.

"Yuuji-kun, I'll throw next! Watch me, okay!?"

"O-Oh"

 Kana with high tension throws the ball.
 The first throw neatly knocked over the right half, and there were five left.
 On the second throw, the ball went straight to the remaining pins and ...... successfully knocked down all the pins.
 Kana scored a spare.

"Wah, did you see it, Yuuji-kun !?"

 Kana turns to me and says happily.

"Yeah, that's amazing"

 I nodded and replied, and Kana came towards me with a smile on her face and her hand raised.

"Wai, high five, high five !!"

 When Kana said happily, I smiled and put my hands together. ......She continued to hold my hands tightly.
 Seeing this, Touka said, "Wait, what are you doing!?" in panic.
 That's what I'd like to ask her, too.

"Kana, this is different from the high five I know."

 When I said that,

"... Did you feel excited?"

 Kana looked up at me, peering into my eyes, she checked me out.
 …… To be honest, I was excited.

"Ye~s, please don't touch my boyfriend in a familiar way. I'll sue you for sexual harassment, you know?"

 A displeased Touka chops my hand and Kana's again and again.

"... Jealousy is unseemly, isn't it, Touka-chan?"

 Kana said wickedly as she rubbed her arm where Touka had chopped her.
 Kachin, Touka looked pissed off,

"... Senpai? Please make sure to watch my throwing too ♡"

 She said something similar to Kana to me, and then threw the ball.
 The ball went straight and the pin fell down from the center.
 Touka got a strike, just like Ike.

"Yay~, it's a strike, senpai ♡ Ye~s, high five!"

 Touka runs up to me, raising her hands in the air.
 If anything, it looked like she was looking for a hug, but I was trying to welcome her in...

"Wow~, that's a strike, Touka-chan! Awesome, aweso~me ♡"

 And then Kana intervened and gave Touka a forced high five.
 Then she held her hand, just like she did with me.

"... Wah, thanks a lot. Can you please take your hands off me as soon as possible?"

 Touka says in a firm voice.

"You're going to imitate me and hold Yuuji-kun's hand, aren't you, Touka-chan? It's Yuuji-kun's turn next, so don't interfere, okay?"

"Ha~? I don't really understand what it means? Unlike you, I would never do such a trifling thing, would I? ... But? Except if senpai doesn't let go of my hand~?"

"Actually, that thing earlier, Yuuji-kun wouldn't let go of my hand, you know?"

"Ha~a? You're so delusional, I pity you"

 Touka and Kana argue with each other and harden in the so-called "hand-to-hand" position, as if they were wrestling.

 ...... All right. Now it's my turn.

 Leaving the two of them alone, I took some simple advice from Ike and threw the ball.
 Although I knocked down a total of eight in two throws, I couldn't throw as well as I thought I could like Ike.

 Well, it's just getting started.
 I'd like to try to get a strike in this game for once.

 ... That's what I was thinking as I left Touka and Kana's dispute behind.


 And one game was over.
 After that, I kind of got the hang of it and was able to get a lot of strikes and spares.
 My final score was around 150.

"It's amazing you got 150 for your first time!"

"Senpai, you were so cool ♡"

 I think it's an average score, but I still got great praise from Kana and Touka.

 And as for Ike, who got strikes in all 10 frames and scored 300 points, twice as many as I did...

"Hey, Haruma? You were the only one who could not throw 12 times, don't you feel like you're losing money?"

 Kana was worried him――,

"Wa~a, too technical, gross"

 Touka ridiculed him.

"...It's amazing, you scored twice as many points as I did."

 When I say so, Ike silently says with a sad smile on his face.

"If Yuuji enjoyed it, that's fine for me."


 Is Ike a saint or something, who cares about me despite the terrible things (?) Touka and Kana have said to him?

 When I saw my friend saying this with a hint of melancholy, I thought rather seriously about it ――.