Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 1 | I've Been Plotting | Remake our Life!

Part 2

    The rest of the day's work was a busy one, and the customers kept coming, so the "continuation of the talk" was postponed.

    "Uu, I'm so tired... So, Kyouya, I’ll leave first ~"

    Nanako seemed to be pretty worn out, so she got on her scooter and left right after her part-time job was over.

    I saw Nanako off and rode my bike home in the sunrise.

    The path from the station in Tondabayashi to the share house was a personal favorite of mine. After passing through the old town known as Terauchi-machi, the view of the mountains and the university spread out widely.

    "Finally one year, huh?"

    It was the second summer since I jumped through time and came to the University of the Art. The heat and humidity was as uncomfortable as ever, but I now felt that even that was precious.

    After all, it's been "finally a year". In fact, I flew to the future about ten years later and spent more than half a year there before arriving here. This strange time travel is calculated to be almost two years.

    However, our environment was slowly changing. Tsurayuki left, and there were now three of us in the share house. Nanako has regained her passion for singing, but Shinoaki is now in the midst of burnout.

    "I'll do something about it... Absolutely"

    Even if it means entering her life.

    Turn right from the road at the river's edge and follow the road between the fields. On the way to the residential area, turn right and I will come out in front of Share House Kitayama.

    "I'm home"

    I opened the door with my duplicate key and went inside,

    "Welcome back ~ You were taking it a little slow"

    In the living room, Shinoaki was sitting on a cushion, waving her hands at me.

    "Yeah, where's Nanako?"

    "She' s already fallen asleep~. She must be really tired."

    "I see"

    Sit in front of Shinoaki and look at her face.

    "What's wrong?"

    "N-No... Nothing"

    Suddenly embarrassed, I look away.

    In the future world I was in the other day, she and I had become a couple. There, we were kissing more passionately than the couple at the convenience store.

    Ten years is surprisingly not that much of an impact in terms of physical changes. Especially for girls, there are many girls who hardly change their appearance.

    In fact, Shinoaki in front of me was just like that. Although her gentle and soft atmosphere had increased with age, her appearance was almost exactly the same.

    So, you know.

    (Ah, no good, even if I understand it, I'm still conscious of it...)

    Even after a month of being back in the past again, I couldn't help but feel embarrassed in front of her.

    "You're strange, Kyouya-kun. Why are you so embarrassed?"

    Shinoaki is looking at me with a wry smile.

    Well, for her, the past ten years and the half a year she spent there with me are completely non-existent at this stage. And yet, if the classmate in front of her suddenly became embarrassed every time they saw each other, it would be natural to be suspicious.

    For now, I decided to cover it up by talking about the topic.

    "S-Shinoaki, what were you doing today?"

    She has applied for a scholarship, so she basically doesn't have a part-time job. Moreover, she has a small amount of money from doujin games, so most of her day is free time.

    If she was her usual, she would definitely be drawing.

    "Hmm, nothing in particular. I read a book, looked at a photo album, and then I looked at the sky."

    "……I see"

    She didn't act that way now.

    I guess it can be said that it was a period of absorbing things, but for that, her reaction to various things was too weak. There was a lack of excitement, or perhaps a lack of stimulation.

    As a result, the game production that had pushed Tsurayuki into a corner also had a negative effect on Shinoaki. What she created out of habit and flow was evaluated without criticism and led to the approval that this was okay.

    Moreover, instead of searching for it on her own, the "stage" jumped in from the other side on its own, and in a sense, it became a place of ease. She was in a state of searching for the meaning of doing something, having paid the price without taking any risks or challenges herself.

    But now, there is no proper meaning to it. So she spends her days in emptiness, looking at the books and photo albums she bought long ago, and the sky that she can see whenever she goes out on the balcony.

    "I'm sorry, Kyouya-kun. That... I'm sure you're worried that I don't do drawings, right?"

    "H~Hm, that's what Shinoaki decides."

    I said and stood up.

    "Today I'm in class from the 3rd period, so I'm going to sleep a little."

    "Yeah, I'm going to campus soon."

    We said goodbye to each other, and I went back upstairs to my room.

    As I walked up the stairs, I kept thinking.

    (As I thought I should move fast, right)

    The change in Shinoaki was evident as soon as I came back here. There was no way I could not do something after being shown the cruel results.

    I interfere with her. But it's not about grabbing her by the neck and ordering her to draw. It's about creating a situation around her where she can draw naturally.

    And I've seen what could be the trigger for that in the future.

    "To make things..."

    I clenched my teeth and made them grit.

    I'm not a "good guy" anymore. I do what I believe.