Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

8, The Breakdown of The Vice President


 Tatsumiya, who turned bright red, took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down.

 Ike and Touka notice her condition and look at each other.
 They both looked as if they had guessed. I nodded to Ike and Touka in silence.
 
 Perhaps now, Tatsumiya is tremendously embarrassed.
 Regardless of how she responds, speak kindly to her.
 Unspokenly, we shared that.

 After a while, Tatsumiya stopped taking deep breaths.
 Then she moved her hands, which had been covering her face, to her mouth and coughed a single, cute, coherent cough, and then put on her usual composed face. 
 ... However, looking at her red cheeks, it's obvious that she still feels ashamed.
 Of course, none of us would touch that part.

 She coughed cutely one more time, then looked at us before opening her mouth.

"Kaichou, Tomoki-san. ... Congratulations to both of you for the same results as before. I also thought I had worked hard on my studies over the summer vacation period, but I guess I was still not as good as the two of you"

 Her words sounded completely normal, but... Her eyes are swimming around, glancing between me and Ike, her mouth is pouting and she's acting strange.
 Besides, there was another sign that she had not recovered from the mental shock.

"Excuse me, everyone. I remembered some urgent business, so please excuse me."

 While she made a beautiful bow, her hands were shaking as she gripped the hem of her skirt, probably due to frustration and embarrassment.
 She left without us being able to say a word to her melancholy back.

 ... I turned to face Ike and Touka again.

"...Is she okay, Otome-chan? Last week she was pretty excited, but she lost to both Aniki and Yuuji-senpai."

 Surprisingly, Touka seems to be concerned.
 Maybe she noticed my gaze,

"The desire to win against someone and the frustration of not being able to win. I understand that. ...Just in case.”

 She looked somewhat embarrassed and then looked away from me with a pout.
 I see. So you don't think it is someone else's problem.
 ...You really are a kind person, Touka.

"I can't leave her like this. ... Would you mind going and checking on her for a bit?"

"Me? Ike... certainly shouldn't approach her now, but Touka would be better than me, right?"

 To my simple question, Ike shakes his head and then answers.

"I'm sure Tatsumiya will put on a brave face in front of Touka. If it's Yuuji, she can talk without hesitation... most likely."

 He said this with a wry smile, probably because he was the one who entrusted me with Tatsumiya.

"I got it. I'm going to check on her for a bit. We may not be able to have lunch together, is that okay, Touka?"

 When I asked Touka,

"... It can't be helped, but usually there is no way to leave this cute and wholesome girlfriend alone, but... But this time is special, you know?"

 Haa, she replied, letting out a deliberate sigh.
    "I'm sorry," I muttered, and then I thought about it.

"That's right, Ike. Do you know where Tatsumiya went? Did she go back to the classroom?"

 To my question, Ike smiles kindly and then answers.

"Ah, Tatsumiya must be―"




 Student Council Office.
 I heard from Ike that Tatsumiya was there.
 From inside the student council room, it is certain that she is here, as I could hear Tatsumiya saying something from the hallway, albeit uncertainly.

 I slowly pulled the door open and looked through the slight opening to see what was inside the room.
 
 There is―












"Waah! It's frustrating! It's so frustrating~! Moo~... Moo~!!!!!!"












 There was Tatsumiya, biting her teeth in frustration and stomping her feet on the ground all by herself.

 ― I don't believe it.
 I turn away from the scene once and take a deep breath.

 There is no way that the ladylike vice president of the student council would be behaving in such a disgraceful manner.
 Thinking that, this time I rubbed my eyes to avoid making a mistake, and looked at the student council room through the gap in the door.

 There is―










"Ah, mou! I'm frustrated! I'm really frustrated! Mou~! ... Moooooo~!!!!!"












 And there was a figure of the beautiful vice president of the student council, rolling around on the floor, not caring that her uniform was covered in dust, shouting―.