Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

7, Friend Character And Vice President


 It's already been a week since the summer vacation ended.
 The body, dulled after the vacations, is now completely accustomed to normal activities.
 The second semester is now in full swing with a variety of events. The test after the summer vacation, which was given as a dash to start the semester, was over, and the results had already been handed in.

 Today was the day when the test results for the entire school year were posted on the bulletin board during lunch break.
 That's probably why.

"O~i, Ike! Tatsumiya-san is calling Ike and ... T-Tomoki-kun."

 I was called out like that by a classmate who was near the door.

 His voice draws all the eyes of the class, which has just started its lunch break, to me at once.
 I meet their gaze, flustered.
 Then the rest of the class quickly and awkwardly looked away.
 The fact that this promise remained unchanged in the second semester, if anything, even made me feel relieved.

"Tatsumiya did? I wonder what happened?"

 When Ike spoke to me that way, I had some idea of what to expect, but I didn't answer him.
 We went out into the hallway side by side. There was Tatsumiya with a confident look on her face.

 After giving us a beautiful bow, she opened her mouth.

"Hello to both of you. Today is the day for the release of test results. Would you like to go to the bulletin board together now?"

 At Tatsumiya's words, I, who had been keeping track of my score and Ike's score, was frankly nervous.
 It's probably not a good idea...
 
 I think so, and I say.

"I'm not interested in the result. I'll pass."

"I'll go back and look at it later, too, now that it's just been put up and there will be a lot of people around."

 Ike is following my words.
 Please give up, I wished, and when I looked at Tatsumiya, she let out a deep sigh.

"Good grief, both of you. Are you so afraid of losing first and second place in front of all the other students?"

 Doyaa, Tatsumiya declared so.
 The provocation was too cheap to be taken on board. Ike responded with a simple, "Not like that, but..." and I almost laughed.

"Eh, isn't it fine, to see the test results?"

 A third party says.
 The voice belonged to Touka.
 
 She must have come to the classroom to have lunch with me.

“Touka-san...!”

 Tatsumiya was impressed.
 I bet she's thinking, "You're going to watch with me the moment I get first place, right?". What a happy person...
 Touka surely doesn't care about the ranking of Tatsumiya, and must be thinking, "I want to finish this quickly and have lunch.''
 
 I agree with her on that point, so let's think about it.
 If we refuse firmly here, it's only a matter of time before the results are known, or sooner or later.
 After that, all that's left is for me and Ike to be there or not... which one is better?
 Either way, would it be any different?

 I sigh and then say to Ike.

"Let's just get this over"

 At my words, Ike nodded with a wry smile.

"Let's see it" 

 At our words, Tatsumiya smiled with a big smile on her face.

 I couldn't help but feel a bit of heartache when I saw that smile...





Second grade: The results of the test after the summer vacation

1st place 500 points Ike Haruma 

2nd place 496 points Tomoki Yuuji 

3rd place 491 points Tatsumiya Otome





"Eh, creepy..."

 Touka's firm voice reached my ears as we lined up next to each other to see the bulletin board together.
 Then she continues,

"I have gotten 490 points a few times myself, so Yuuji-senpai isn't creepy at all though. As expected, a perfect score is gross."

 And while saying something important twice, she pulled back.
 Ike had a wry smile on his face, but he must have been a little hurt inside.

 Indeed, a perfect score in all subjects is great. This is especially true since the scope of the test was rather broad this time.
 However, Ike could at least get a perfect score, which is possible.

 With that thought in mind, I turn my attention to the other girl here.
 What did she — Tatsumiya Otome think when she saw this result?

 Tatsumiya covered her face with her hands so that those around her could not see her expression, but it was immediately clear that she was red up to her ears.
 And looking at her trembling shoulders, I think it's not unreasonable.

 Because after all that big talk, she hasn't even beaten me, the 2nd place.

 Seeing Tatsumiya writhing in shame, I felt somewhat sorry—.