Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 9

I came back after dinner and went into the study with a book I had finished reading. Duke's study always smells good. The scent of the paper and ink that opened my heart was pounding, but not so emotional.

When I first came to the Duke's Manor, the Duke who knew that my hobbies were riding and reading told me that I could go in and out of his study at any time. No one in this family likes to read books.

In the Duke's study, there were many rare books that were hard to find, maybe it was because of the long history of the family. There's even a magic book here that if sold can buy a small residence in Hwangdo.

The people from the Arpad Family were born with swordsmanship from generation to generation, but I don't think any of them are magicians. That's why having so many magic books is an unusual thing.

"...Alexander?"

I could see a young man sitting on a long sofa in the study. I only saw the back of it, but with his black hair sticking out, I immediately knew it was Alexander.

But there was no answer from him. I didn't know why until I walked over to see him face-to-face. Alexander fell asleep with a thin novel covering his face.

"You can sleep in bed, but why you..."

I tilted my head and muttered under my breath. Then Alexander moved, his book was thrown and now he fell asleep with the lateral sleep position. He sleeps with one arm become his pillow and one leg on the table, he's like a boy on my age. Of course, he's immature.

I left Alexander who was breathing regularly in his sleep alone, I took a novel series from the bookshelf. Then I walked over to the sofa opposite Alexander and started reading a novel.

I don't know how much time has passed. I can only hear the sound of the paper turning over in this study. Then, I suddenly felt thirsty, so I got up and walked away from the study.

"You are very focused."

When did he wake up? Alexander looked at me with his chin on the armrest of the sofa.

"...You slept well."

"I think I ran too much today. So I'm a little tired."

"Didn't you fall asleep while reading?"

"No, one of my hobbies is reading."

Oh yes. I covered my mouth with my hand and smiled a little. The last time I went into Alexander's room, I didn't find a single book there.

"So is the book interesting?"

I asked while pointing at the thin novel he had used as a blindfold while sleeping. It looked like the novel had been half-read, but it was strewn across the sofa.

"Sure, it's very interesting."

Alexander looked at the cover of the book and answered. He relaxed his chin and intertwined his fingers then placed his big hand on his lap. I tilted my body slightly.

"You look curious, Sis. Want me to tell you the story?"

"Not like that..."

When I saw the title of the book earlier, it was not to my taste. I wanted to say 'No' but Alexander quickly opened his mouth.

"The main character is repeatedly misled by the people around him and continues to kill. The language style is boring, but the character who appears at the end of the story and kills the main character is very interesting. Especially the sentences that manipulate the main character."

"What's that?"

"They are born from the mother's severed belly."

"......"

I frowned. I can't understand what's interesting about it.

"What do you think, Sis?"

Alexander tilted his head and asked.

What do I think? Why is he asking my opinion?

"I don't know because I haven't read it... It's kind of disgusting."

"Is that true?"

"Yes."

After saying that, I got up from my seat. I didn't know Alexander liked to read such cruel stories. That's what I thought.

"Then I'm leaving. Oh, it's getting late."

Alexander who saw me standing then checked the clock on the wall and said, "I searched for books for a long time." He said that while moving his neck, he had sore muscles.

"It's past my bedtime. I'm thirsty too. So I'm going."

"If you're thirsty, you can call the servant."

"It's okay. I want to go anyway."

"Wait a moment."

Alexander rang the bell that was on the table and called the servant, which was not necessary. There seemed to be a maid passing by in the corridor, the maid appeared after opening the door. She was a maid with short blonde hair and green eyes. That's Henrietta.

"What did you call, Young Master?"

"Oh, Henrietta. Get me something to drink. A 'drink' that won't hurt to drink at night."

"Very well, Young Master."

Henrietta came out again. Then I spoke while wringing my dress.

"Drink? You're still a minor."

"I'm used to drinking, once in a while when Father is alive. I'll drink a little. I can do that, can't I?"

Alexander smiled, all his words were full of charm. Even though I said that I didn't mean to stop him. So I nodded. Then I looked into Alexander's beautiful silver-grey eyes.

'I don't know the names of the maids.'

I'm sure that's what you told me.

You lied to me, Alexander. You and Henrietta.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?