Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

9, Confession


 While looking at the worn-out appearance of the beautiful student council vice president, I think.

 ... There's no greater impact on a person's sanity than a drunken Makiri-sensei confessing that she's inexperienced.
 Considering that, Tatsumiya, rolling around on the floor in a miserable manner, is a cute sight.
 I took one deep breath to compose myself, then peeked into the student council room again to confirm Tatsumiya's condition.

 As she sat with her buttocks flat on the floor,

“Moo... Moooooooooooooo!!!!!! Fueeeeeeeen!!"

 She seemed even more heated than before, hitting the floor with her clenched fists lightly.
 Maybe she knows I'm peeping on her and Tatsumiya is probably doing this to get a reaction from me. I really thought so, and I naturally chuckled.

 While keeping an eye on her, it would be impossible to call out to her in her current state... or so that I thought, Tatsumiya stopped moving suddenly.
 After that,

"Kaichou and Tomoki-san, I can't believe it! Even in the manga, the author is careful to keep the score at 480 points... A perfect score and 496 points!? ... That's just cheating and cheaters!"

 For some reason, Tatsumiya grumbled in frustration in his Kansai dialect while putting away her own 490-point score.
 Surprisingly, she seemed to like light novels.

"I mean! After all, I still don't like that scary face!"

 Then Tatsumiya remains sitting, clenches her fists, and mutters with a pained expression on her face.

“Since he is a good friend of the Kaichou, I know he is not a bad person...!”

 ... I think Tatsumiya's trust in Ike is too high.

"He gets along well with kaichou, putting me aside, and he flirts with the cute Touka-san. Next to the kaichou, which I've maintained for a long time――I can't even get the first place, and even the second place is taken away from me ... I want to be next to the kaichou, but that man is blocking my way..."

 The weak murmur of Tatsumiya, as if seeking help.
 But I probably shouldn't be talking to her here and now.

 But I couldn't pretend not to hear those words.
 I'm sure just like her. ... No, more than her.
 I guess there are people who don't feel comfortable with me being with Ike.

 But Ike considers me a friend.
 That's why I ― to be proud of being that protagonist's friend character, opened the door of the student council room vigorously.

 And almost as soon as I opened the door, Tatsumiya told me.

"Even if I couldn't win against kaichou, if I confessed that I liked him... How much easier it would be "Ah, sorry. Excuse me for interrupting you" ...Eh"

 Suddenly, my eyes met Tatsumiya's, who revealed her affection for Ike.
 I pretend I didn't hear anything for now and hastily close the door.

 ...Well, let's have lunch now?
 With that in mind, I turned away from the student council office and was about to start walking away,

"Eh? ... Tomoki-san? What are you doing here?"

 Someone's hand was placed on my shoulder and I heard a strong voice behind me.
 My shoulders are gripped with a terrifying grip, and it is unlikely that I will be able to shake it off and escape.
 I see, so this is the girl power that is rumored. As I was thinking about this in an escape from reality, Tatsumiya continued to open her mouth.

"Shall we talk for a minute?"


 There I am, in the student council office, facing Tatsumiya.
 She held out a mug of tea to me in a casual manner.

“Here you go. ... There is no poison in it, so don’t worry.”

 On the contrary, Tatsumiya says things that make me feel uneasy.
 I responded with a friendly smile, "Oh, sorry," and accepted the mug.

 After sipping her own cup of tea, Tatsumiya,

"So... From where did you hear about it?"

 She asked me in a hard, strong voice.
 There is no use in telling a boring lie here. Thinking so, I tell her honestly. 

“I watched from about the point where Tatsumiya was alone in the student council room, muttering unspoken frustration, stomping on the ground, rolling around on the floor, and pounding on the floor.”

 I say.
 When Tatsumiya heard those words,

"Hauuh..."

 She covered her face with her hands while groaning. Of course, even her ears were bright red.
 Then Tatsumiya remained silent and did so for a while.
 After taking several deep breaths, she calmed down and asked me again.

"Then... well. Did you hear what I was saying when Tomoki-san entered the room?"

 She seems calm, but I think she is still anxious and embarrassed.
 Her voice was trembling.

"Eh, yeah. I heard it. About confessed to Ike, "WAaaaaaaaAAh! I can't believe it! That's the part where you lie and say, 'I didn't hear that'!??" ... Eh, aah. I didn't hear it."

 I said this expressionlessly to Tatsumiya, who interrupted me and got agitated all by herself.
 
“Do you really think I would be fooled by such a blatant lie!?”

 Says Tatsumiya, with a hint of disagreement.
 I can't help but laugh at the words, which are so unreasonable.

 Seeing me like that, I tell Tatsumiya, who is even more upset.

"Well... rest assured."

"About what?"

 She asked me with a suspicious look in her eyes.

"I've already known for a long time that Tatsumiya likes Ike."

 Tatsumiya's eyes widen at my words.
 Then, as if puzzled, she says.

"...Eh?"

"I can tell by looking at you. ... No, my bad. On the contrary, did you think nobody noticed?"

 Tatsumiya looked so stunned that I became concerned and asked her about it.
 Then she turned pale and said,

“Eh... Then, if even Tomoki-san has noticed, then it means that kaichou has already noticed my feelings...?”

 She said this with a similar expression on her face. Apparently, she really didn't think anyone had noticed.
 In order to reassure Tatsumiya,

"No, Ike is unusually insensitive to romantic feelings directed at him, so he probably doesn't even notice."

 At my words, Tatsumiya had a mixed expression on her face, relieved but somewhat disappointed.
 Then she looks at me with a look of frustration in her eyes and then opens her mouth.

"... Still, I can't accept it. Knowing my love without permission is a heavy sin."

"I think if you don't want people to know, you should do a better job of hiding it."

 I told the love-struck Tatsumiya what I was so earnestly thinking.
 However, ignoring my words, she continues.

"But now that it is known, it can't be helped. That's right..."

 With a thoughtful expression on her face and her watery eyes fixed on me, she opened her mouth.



☆☆



"I like ... you"

"...I know"

 I responded to Tatsumiya's words with a nod.

"...In that case, Tomoki-san. You understand what I mean, right?”

"Ah, I get it."

“If so... You will help me to have a relationship with kaichou, right!?”
 
"I don't know what I can do, but I will help you. I promise."

 To the point of becoming such a klutz, Tatsumiya had come to her senses.
 And I was partly responsible for pushing her over the edge.
 In that case, I don't know what I can do... but, I wanted to help her, I thought at this moment.

 After hearing my words, Tatsumiya looks relieved, and then continues with a dumbfounded expression.

"Originally, it would be my personal ability alone to make kaichou melt down and have him pledge his life-long love to me. If you insist, I will be pleased to take you at your word. But once this happens, is it just a matter of time before kaichou will be holding me in his surprisingly strong arms and whispering words of love in my ear? That would be a wonderful thing, wouldn't it. ...No, I'm not gonna allow him beyond that point, but... What should I do if kaichou seriously wants me...? An unattainable flower is something that people want strongly because they cannot get it. I still think I should be very hard-hearted and say no, but... just for reference, what do you think, Tomoki-san?"

 It was a ridiculously fast and incomprehensible mumble, and I could hardly make out what she was saying.

"Ahh... that's it!"

☆☆☆


"Ahh... that's it!"

 Although having said that, (Uwwaah, it's so troublesome...), I thought.
 I don't know what I can do. I mean, there's nothing I can do.
 I can't help but be anxious now about what I will be asked to do, and it's terrifying.

 I was pathetic, my spine was shivering when I saw Tatsumiya's innocent and wicked smile.

 ... Or rather.
 It would have been much better if she had not opened up like this, but had been good at misrepresenting her blunder and kept it under wraps.

 As I looked at the smile on her face, I often wondered if I could somehow, even now, pretend that I had never heard the whole story―.