Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 12

"Miss, Young Master asked if you would like to have lunch together?"

At noon, time for lunch, Henrietta asked me that. I pondered for a while. If I eat together with Alexander who calls me 'Big Sister'. He, who has a strong physique is not suitable for acting like that. It just made me uncomfortable, I will don't know if the food would go in my mouth or my nose.

"Tell him, I'm not hungry."

Besides, I had the scone with herbal tea earlier. I buried myself on the couch and showed tired exasperation. I should have gone, but the couch wouldn't let me go. That's the atmosphere that radiates at this time.

"Ah, fine. I will. And, Miss..."

"Hah?"

Henrietta hesitated, she slowly reached for the doorknob. Even though she looked like she was going to leave, it didn't seem like she would leave until I answered her. So I averted my eyes from the book I was reading and saw her standing there.

"What?"

I put down the book and asked. If you leave the door open like that, cold air will enter the room.

"I heard that you haven't decided who will be your personal maid, Miss."

As soon as she opened her mouth and told me, Henrietta looked at me. Her big, round eyes resembled that of a wild dog that used to prowl for food in Port City in the South. I slowly opened my mouth, looked at her, and closed my mouth.

"Hehe..."

She smiled shyly as she made eye contact with me. It seemed she really wasn't going out until she got the answer. I opened my mouth as I combed my long hair that was like silver thread behind my ear.

"Yeah. I'm not comfortable with someone around me."

"Oh, I see......"

Henrietta nodded shyly. Now I want you to go. I opened the book again, trying to divert my attention from her. But Henrietta asked again doubtfully,

"Do you really don't need it, Miss? A young girl usually likes to go out or do something, um... And also-"

"Henrietta."

"Yes, Miss?"

"I know that noble girls are like that. Back in Blancier, I had a personal maid. She liked to lie on my bed and we talked all night."

"...Do you mean you treat a maid like that, Miss? Wow, you're so friendly. I'm so jealous."

"You don't have to be jealous. The next day my ruby ​​necklace was missing. So my mother kicked her out."

"Ah......"

Perhaps it was an unexpected ending for her, so Henrietta could only open her mouth without saying anything. But it seems it still has no effect because she keeps looking at me with that look.

"Do you still want to be my personal maid after hearing that?"

"Is it true that the maid took it?"

"No. Turns out the necklace was in the bathroom. Too bad the maid was already gone when the necklace was found. I wanted to take her back to the Manor, but my mother stopped me."

That's a dangerous thing when you're close to a noble. Because whenever something happened, nobles would immediately suspect their servants.

"T-That..."

"Yeah, Henrietta. It's not very interesting, is it?"

To prevent this conversation from continuing, I chose words that she had a hard time responding to. Henrietta who was a maid might say that the maid had done a good job serving her master, and would side with the maid. At that time, it was clear that Mother was at fault.

"If I were that maid, I would find the necklace to prove my innocence. No, I wouldn't leave an expensive necklace anywhere."

After giving it some good thought, Henrietta finally answered. I chuckled at how cute she was as a maid.

"Are you going to keep talking to me here? Alexander must be waiting for you."

"Ah, that's right. In that case, I will inform Young Master and return here immediately, Miss."

"No. You don't have to come back here..."

I don't have time for that. After I finished reading the book, I planned to embroider, alone. I wanted to say that, but Henrietta moved faster. However, before she left the room, a large hand appeared, opening the door.

"Sis, skipping meals is a very bad habit. Are you usually like this?"

"Young Master, why are you here?"

Henrietta looked at Alexander and asked. In my heart, I agree with her. Why did Alexander come here?

"Sis, you didn't come down. The food had cooled, so I came here to pick you up. Sis, you look amazing."

Are you being sarcastic about me sinking into the couch? But to be honest, sitting in front of the fire with a warm cup of tea and a blanket is enough for me. Even Alexander wouldn't be able to say anything to me if he knew how convenient this was.

"Come on, come down. Uncle is waiting. I want to eat with you as if this is my last meal."

Those were words with a very sarcastic tone. I don't know if Alexander was mocking me for not coming down or if he was being sarcastic about Adrian.

"After sunset, Uncle said he wanted to stay one more day. Do you think that's good, Sis?"

"No, it's a bit..."

"Yeah, right? I don't like it either."

"So, let's go down together." Alexander held out his hand to me. I got up and put the blanket on the side of the sofa.

"Young Master, did you know? Miss Ophelia made me her personal maid."

"......"

Now, in front of me, there is Alexander's big hand with his long fingers, I'm thinking about whether I should take it or not. Henrietta smiled shyly with bright eyes. I don't remember if I agreed to it. Henrietta's gaze was calm, but her gaze was fixed on Alexander.

"...Huh!? Then, should I congratulate you?"

Alexander's face was very cold. Henrietta was still smiling. The atmosphere became bad. Though it was clear that I was also in this room with them, I felt like I was the third party here.

"Sister?"

And somehow, I don't know why, but subconsciously, I grabbed one of Alexander's long fingers. He raised one eyebrow as if confused.

"Yeah, I've made up my mind. So don't look at Henrietta like that."

If he could kill people with his eyes, he would have done it by now. I don't like Henrietta who casually says that she has become my personal maid. But I also don't like the way Alexander intimidates her. Right. Only that. There is no other meaning. I immediately grabbed Alexander's hand.

"Don't you want to go? Mr. Adrian is waiting, right."

"Oh, yeah... Wait, before that..."

Alexander looked at my hand wrapped around one of his fingers, then he smirked. As if it was normal, he grabbed my hand.

"I think we should join hands like this. What do you think?"

He put his fingers between mine and locked it. Our hands intertwined, and slowly my hand felt the warmth. "Come on." Alexander took the lead.

I passed Henrietta who had stepped aside. I suddenly felt like seeing her, so I turned to her. What I saw was, Henrietta was no longer smiling.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?