Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

This chapter is really long, so I decided to divide it into several parts

***

Chapter 13 Part 1

"You two are late. Did you two enjoy your nap time? It's a shame that I didn't know. You seem to have a talent for making this guy sad."

As soon as I entered the dining room, I immediately thought 'What the hell!?'. He said he was waiting for us but it turns out he was already enjoying the food alone.

"Uncle, you're the one in too much of a hurry."

Alexander made sure that I had sat on the chair and then he sat on his chair. His behavior seemed to indicate 'Come down to the dining room. Where do you think you want to go? Even if you run away, I will immediately chase you.'

"As you know, I can't eat much in the morning because I have an easily bloated stomach. It would be rude to the chef if the food he made was left cold or even left over."

"Ice coffee."

Alexander nodded harshly. I don't care if this Adrian guy is hungry since morning or not. It seemed that Alexander thought so too. He asked a servant to pour water for him and asked Adrian without looking at him,

"You've packed all your things, Uncle? You said you were leaving after dinner, right?"

"That's how it was."

"......Uncle?"

"I'll reconsider it. Alex, how can I go home leaving this innocent-eyed girl behind?"

"Uncle."

Alexander called Adrian while putting down his fork slowly. The look in his eyes was scary. But Adrian didn't think about it and continued talking,

"Since you managed to get rid of Aunt and Catherine by humiliating them, I already thought it was my turn next. But just so you know, you were wrong. That kind of thing won't work for me who has been through the salt of life since childhood. Alex, you are still too young to rule in this large Manor and territory. You need the help of an adult."

"I already said that My Sister, Ophelia is enough. Uncle, I'm sure you were there when I said it."

"What does an ordinary woman like Ophelia know? Moreover, wouldn't it be better if there was a man to guide her?"

"Your words are too much, Uncle."

"Hm... Ophelia, do you think that too?"

Ah, why me again? I closed my eyes tightly as if in thought and opened them, attracting the attention of the two men.

"Yes." My answer is short.

As if to show that I didn't want to interfere, I lowered my eyes and tossed the salad. Then Alexander burst out laughing as if he couldn't hold it in anymore.

"......Is that something to laugh about now? Lift your head and look at me. What am I lacking that I don't deserve to be your husband?"

Adrian slammed his fists into fists on the table. When I heard his words, I saw Adrian staring at me with a flushed face and wide-open nostrils. I looked him up and down seriously.

The wrinkles around his eyes and a crooked nose seemed to indicate that he was in his mid to late 40s. A well-trimmed mustache, in its own way. But that's not my taste.

"Face and age."

What else can we do? I have to admit it honestly. In this aspect, I am very similar to my mother. Even my mother wouldn't see a man unless he was handsome. My mother's 4 ex-husbands are proof of that.

"Ah, Sis. Stop."

Alexander holds his stomach and laughs. He turned his face away as if in pain and wiped the corner of his eye.

"I haven't laughed in a long time until I burst into tears."

"This isn't funny!"

Adrian put down his fork and knife, saying that he had lost his appetite. I feel good that I fought him before he left. If I had known, I would be feeling so happy like this then I should have said something to Catherine and the old lady.

For the rest of our lives, we will never see each other again. So what can't be done? There's no point in regretting it now.

"In this day, who gets married by looking at the face? What matters is wealth and family background."

"And the face."

Alexander had been pulling his well-groomed lips forcibly since earlier as if he had been holding back laughter. Then, after hearing Adrian's words, he returned to his cold and scary face.

"Don't puncture my words, Ophelia! My patience also has its limits. You're just an ordinary girl who doesn't know anything. Just because you live in the Arpad Manor, do you think you're an Arpad?"

"I heard that you are just a distant relative."

"This crazy woman!"

There was the sound of a chair rattling. Adrian who was agitated approached me, he looked like he wanted to hit something. I think my cheeks will be slapped again. Even though my cheek had just been slapped by Catherine had just recovered.

"Uncle, control yourself. This is Duchy Arpad. Not your territory."

Alexander said all that while placing the knife he was holding onto the table vertically. The knife was not made of low-quality materials. But what I see now is that the knife is bent to a 90-degree angle. And Alexander did it indifferently.

"There's a limit to what you can do. Do you think I don't know you're jumping up and down, and yet still making excuses that you're walking?"

T/N: It's mean, Alex said that Adrian was actually planning/doing something but he deliberately acted like nothing.

"I don't understand what you mean, Alexander. Rather than that, I am 20 years older than you. Why is the way you talk to me so impolite?"

Then Adrian said something like, "This is why a child......" while clicking his tongue. But Alexander ignored him.

"Uncle. No, Count Lasis."

"Stop it, Alexander. You're just trying to offend me."

"Why did I find Arpad's Annual Income Book in your room?"

Alexander lifted his chin languidly like a predator facing its prey. I pushed my salad aside, not eating. The situation before me is very interesting.

Maybe Adrian was wondering what kind of nonsense this was. He even seemed to have forgotten that earlier he was angry with me and now he stupidly got slapped in the face.

But Adrian just said that he wanted to marry me and tried to settle in Arpad. That was why he couldn't believe anything Alexander said right now.

"What... What!? Alexander, this is a trap. I swear, I never did it!"

Actually, Adrian was telling the truth. He didn't steal the book. Because I'm the one who put it there.

Alexander snorted. Nothing changed in his expression, he just said,

"Are you making excuses?"

"I'm not making excuses! Ophelia, you know that right? I told you earlier that I have no interest in things like the Duke's wealth or power! Do you remember?"

Adrian became anxious, and finally, he grabbed the hay like me. It seems like he thinks that I'm the only one who can help him. But he chose the wrong person.

T/N: 'grabbed/grabbing hay' means, holding on to situations/things/people that are hopeless/can't be expected.

Ah, luckily the Arpad Manor is big. Last night I went to the Duke's office after seeing Henrietta come into the study. After that, I made sure that no one was around the Duke's office.

T/N: I don't know for sure. The MTL is like this, a.k.a. the room where Alex & Ophelia drank (study room) and the room where Arpad's income book is placed (Duke's office) are 2 different rooms. Even though the study room is usually used as an office.

Of course, after the Duke's death, the Duke's office was locked so no one but Alexander could enter. So it's not easy to break it down, but it's not a big deal for me.

I sneaked in and picked up the book being careful not to drop a hair. Then, I went to Adrian's room who was sleeping snoring.

I easily put the book under Adrian's bed and returned to my room as if nothing had happened. There are no witnesses. Who wants to walk in the middle of the night in a corridor so cold you can see your breath?

"That matter......"

I spoke while covering my mouth. Adrian looked at me enthusiastically. This is a very funny situation.

.

.

.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?