Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 13 Part 2

"That matter......"

I spoke while covering my mouth. Adrian looked at me enthusiastically. This is a very funny situation.

.

.

.

"...I don't remember."

"You. You bit#h!"

Brak! Adrian shouted loudly as if he couldn't hold himself back anymore. Three or four chairs fell, and Adrian rushed towards me.

"Catch him."

Alexander sat relaxed with his legs crossed and raised his hands. Quickly the servants standing behind him grabbed Adrian's shoulders. In an instant Adrian couldn't move, he could only glare at me with blazing eyes.

"I feel sorry for your situation. So I tried to make you my wife, not a concubine!"

"......Why are you angry with me? What wrong have I done?"

In the end, I also put down the fork. It's weird. Obviously, when I entered his room, Adrian was sleeping, scratching his stomach.

"This is the first time a bit#h wants to embarrass me like this!"

"Earlier you thought of me as a bride-to-be, but now you're calling me a bit#h......"

Now, will this end? When I said those words, Alexander looked at me with a strange look.

Living with a mother who was rumored to be a 'woman who preyed on her husband', then there was no reason for me to be unfamiliar with such words. It was something I had experienced a lot when I was in Barony (Baron's territory).

For example, when one of the maids purposely hid a ruby necklace and made me suspicious. Then she pretended to find it and tried to frame and blame the maid I liked.

T/N: I kinda don't understand this part, I mean, the meaning of the previous paragraph shows that Ophelia is used to being called a bit#h but why is she presupposing talking about the ruby necklace again? Or maybe the expelled maid called Ophelia a bit#h(?)

"Count, did you insult my sister just now? I will never forget this incident and will always keep it in my heart."

"No, Alexander. Whose side are you on? I've known you since you were little!"

"The Count will be expelled. Open the door."

"Alexander!"

Alexander waved his hand. The dining room door opened and the servants came out carrying Adrian.

"Eh! Wait a minute."

Suddenly Alexander stopped the servants.

"Yeah, Alex. Don't you think that's a bit weird? I couldn't possibly do that, could I? I don't know how that book could be in my room......"

Adrian exclaimed happily. He also added that if Alexander apologized for his rude behavior then he would be willing to forgive him.

"The carriage the Count used. Wasn't that a loan from the Arpad Family?"

Alexander asked while tilting his head. The butler who had come overhearing the commotion, answered him after he heard those words,

"That's right, Young Master. It was the horse-drawn carriage Mrs. Catherine handed over a few years ago when she went from Arpad to Lasis."

"Then I want to take it back."

Alexander said, nodding lightly. Adrian immediately rebelled.

"After I return to Lasis, I will send the horse carriage."

"I want to take it now."

"Then how do I get back to Lasis!? Even with horseback, it takes a whole week!"

"You know well, huh."

Alexander waved his hand at Adrian whose back was only visible when he was dragged away by the servants. As if he couldn't hear the voice of Adrian who kept trying to rebel, Alexander said,

"Sis, you should do it too."

"......Ah, yes."

Waving at that shabby back…… I didn't want to, but I raised my hand clumsily. I waved my hand, Alexander nodded in satisfaction.

"Come on, Sis. I got rid of the bullies."

His silver-gray eyes stared at me. The look in his eyes, which used to be like the cold moon, now looked gentle. He put his hands together and bent his shoulders forward. It seemed like he was trying to get a little closer to me.

T/N: Fyi, Full Moon in December (winter) is called a Cold Moon. It was named so because the temperature dropped drastically, aka really cold *cmiiw

After a while, Alexander asked,

"Tell me. Why did you do that?"

***

[Alex's POV]

"......What are you talking about?"

Ophelia asked with eyes that didn't understand the meaning of politeness. Transparent like glass, so it's not easy to read her emotions. Alexander bowed a little deeper.

"Why do you pretend you don't know? At the office I found it. Your hair."

"Impossible."

She bit her lower lip as if holding back a laugh. For a moment Alexander's eyes darkened, but Ophelia didn't notice. He clicked his tongue.

"How did I get into the Duke's office? There's no one who doesn't know that the room is locked...... And aren't you the only one who has the key......?"

Alexander hated her distinctive way of speaking. I hate it, really hate it. Extending her words at the end of the sentence, as if leaving space. Her voice was soft. Keep ringing and make me drift by it.

"Then how come I can find your hair there, Sis?"

Alexander shook his head so as not to get carried away by it. Alexander himself deliberately 'captured' Ophelia, but sometimes he regrets his choice.

Ophelia had an extraordinary beauty, but she had a faint impression as if she was going to disappear soon. In fact, from the first time, he saw her. Alexander was so nervous that he couldn't stand it.

He had to struggle to resist the urge to embrace her, the one who seemed to have embraced all the misery of the world.

Without even realizing what it was like.

"......Alexander. No, Alex."

Ophelia laughed. She tugged at her little pink lips, like delicate flower petals. Alexander looked at her blankly and realized that for the first time, Ophelia called him by a nickname.

And with just that. Doubts about her slowly faded and disappeared. It shouldn't be like this.

"I want you to tell the truth. Did my hair really fall out there?"

That's impossible, her blue eyes seemed to say that. Feeling confident like nothing had happened, Alexander started to get confused. Ophelia's hair is falling out at the office. He found it himself.

But the first person to tell him about it……

"Alex, I mean... I don't even understand what you're talking about that you connected me with the Duke's office."

Ophelia looked at him with an unwavering gaze. I could feel the heat behind my neck and ears. In the end, it was Alexander who broke the silence first by pretending it was okay.

"Alright then. This is pathetic, my subordinates did it without a word."

"So you doubted me?"

Ophelia lowered her lashes as if disappointed. Again and again, Alexander took breaths in haste to repair the wall of his broken heart even though he had been standing strong for a long time.

"Alex."

"......Yes, Sis?"

Ophelia didn't miss that moment. She asked,

"Really? Alex, is that true?"

"Sister?"

"I hope you haven't forgotten what happened a while ago."

Some time ago? When I took you to my room even though you said you were okay and I gave you medicine? Or are you talking about the incident when you came to the training ground and for the first time in my life I saw you blush because you saw me shirtless? Or the incident when I fell asleep in the study, we met there even though that's not where you usually go?

Alexander pondered. And remembered why Ophelia suddenly appeared at the training ground.

"......Henrietta."

When he said that name, Ophelia smiled brightly as if Alexander had done a good job. Alexander who was sitting with his back straight, somehow felt his spine stiffen. Anger overtook me. Alexander scrunched his face fiercely and called the butler.

"Call Henrietta. Right now!"

.

.

.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?