Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

# 473 My Friend's Daughter Has Come, and the Story of the Future.





“Eh, then, is she really Ende-san's daughter!?”
"Apparently so..."

 While telling Yumina what happened, she lies down on the sofa and looks sideways at the girl who is sleeping on Mel's lap.
 For now, we returned to the royal castle of Brunhild and tried to talk to a girl who called herself Aristella ... Alice, but...

"Sleepy. I'm going to sleep..."

 After saying that, she fell asleep on Mel's lap as if her battery had been cut off. What a my-pace child...
 I spoke to Nei, who was silently watching the scene.

"I don't know what is going on... Anyway, are you sure that she is the child of Ende and you guys?"
"No, I don't think that's exactly right... This child definitely takes after the characteristics of Furaizu, but the Resonant Life Sound is not mine and Lise's. She is Endemion and Mel-sama's child... I think. Because Resonant Life Sound never lie."

 Well, the hair color looks like Ende's and the eye color is that of Mel's.
 Being Mel's child, it is not surprising that she calls Nei and Lise, who, like Ende, are married to her mother.
 I am sure that Alice is their child. If this is the case ...

"Shotgun wedding... No, the marriage had been made..."
"It's not funny, even as a joke, Touya..."
"I don't remember giving birth either..."

 I was glared at by Alice's parents. I'm sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, there's a high possibility that she is your child from the future."
"From the future? How did... Ah, space-time magic!?"

 Yumina clapped her hands 'Pan'. At the sound, 'Hmm' Alice turned over, and we both kept our voices down.
 
"Oi, Dad. Carry your daughter to bed."
"Like I said...! Kuh, okay!"

 Ende quietly picked up Alice and took her to another room, guided by the head maid, Lapis-san. Mel, Nei, and Lise, her mothers perhaps worried, followed behind them.
 It feels good to be carried in your sleep like that.... I vaguely recall being carried by my dad when I was a kid too.

"Space-time magic, huh… Indeed, it's not hard to see why. We have actual examples."

 Lean murmurs as she folds her arms on the sofa.
 Alerius Palerius, the founder of the Kingdom of Palerius and a master of space-time magic. His son, Lerius Parelius, the founder of the Primula Kingdom, who had accidentally jumped to the other world.
 When he was transported to the underside of the world, he was transported back in time about 200 years. Well, he didn't seem to realize it when he was transported.
 It is not an established magic, but certainly space-time magic has the power to transcend time.

"So you're saying she's a space-time magician?"
"No, I don't know if she wanted to fly to this era. At least it was an accident in Lelios Parelius's case..."

 I don't know about the future world, but I've never heard of space-time magic that transcends time. Like Lerius, did some accident send her from the future to the past?
 Did something outrageous happen in the future? Mumumu... I don't understand...!

"I don't know, but if we want to know about time, why don't we ask Grandma Tokie? As I recall, she is the "God of Time and Space", isn't she?"
"Ah"

 As I fretted and groaned, Sue easily came up with the correct answer.
 She's right. Grandma Tokie is the "Space-Time God" who controls time and space. She would probably know what happened this time.
 ... No, perhaps it was Grandma Tokie who brought Alice to the past. According to Moroha nee-san's words, she sometimes traveled to the future.

"Where's Grandma?"
"Etto, she was on the balcony in the morning as usual, but..."

 When I asked, Linze told me. During the day, Grandma is usually knitting on the balcony. She is repairing the "Boundaries of the World" which have been torn apart by the Fureizu, through her knitting.
 In the evening, she has dinner with us or talks with Sue and Linze, but usually goes to bed early.
 It is already past ten o'clock. As expected, she has already gone to bed? ... Oh?
 I felt the usual presence and turned around to see Grandma Tokie transferred to the spot.

"Yes yes, did I keep you waiting?"

 As a Space-Time Goddess, grandma, who is also a dependent of the same World God as I am, can sense the presence of the transfer.
 When I tried to ask her about the questions that had been piling up, she held up her hand and stopped me for a moment.

"I know. It's about Alice-chan, isn't it?"
“You knew after all?”
"It was a time transfer. How could I not notice? I thought it would be better for you guys to go there than for me to pick you up, so I left her alone for a while when she flowed into this era."

 Grandma says this with a smile. She seems to know Alice well. I wondered if she and Alice knew each other.

“Is she really Ende's and Mel's after all?”
"Yes. She is the child of those two who will be born in the future. Instead of evolving from a nucleus to an adult like the Fureizu, she will grow up normally, like a human being. Of course, she has the characteristics of Fureizu."

 I guess it's just as Nei said. We know that she is the future child of Ende and Mel. The question is, how did she come from that future to this time?

"Was it Grandma who brought that girl to the past (here)?"
"You could say that, but the direct cause is different. Those children were caught in a "Dimensional Quake". They were blown away by the displacement of the fault line between time and time. The distortion of space-time spreads like ripples on water, and like a tsunami, it washes away anything that floats by. So I guided them to flow into this time period before that happens."

 In other words, they could have gone adrift forever between time and space, but grandma pulled them into this era?
 Even on Earth, I often hear stories about people drifting through time and space in urban legends... I wonder if that is true too. I don't know.

"I gave her a good explanation when she was adrift, but I guess she couldn't wait quietly. She's a tomboy after all."

 I'm not sure if "tomboy" is the right word to describe her ability to take on three huge men, but that's not the problem.

"That "Dimensional Quake"? Does that mean that the world of the future has been hit by some kind of catastrophe?"

 The image of a person from the future who comes from the destroyed future to change the past, as often seen in time slip stories, comes to my mind, and I involuntarily swallow my breath.

"No, nothing in particular has happened. The Dimensional Quake is a distortion of time. Like a ripple created by a drop of water dropped on the surface of the water, it will spread out around you, but will soon return to normal. This time, those kids just happened to be near the center of it all. The future world is at peace."
“B-But I'm sure the future Ende-san, Mel-san and others are worried...”
"They of the future are they of the present? They know all about what happened."

 Grandma Tokie answers Linze's question with a smile. Areh? Isn't that strange?

“So, future Ende, or rather all of us, knew that the dimensional quake was going to happen, didn't we? Why didn't they try to prevent it or keep Alice away?
"Because there is no need to prevent it, I guess. Alice-chan and her friends will return a few seconds after the dimensional quake with no problem. From the past, which is predetermined. And they know they couldn't prevent it even if they tried."

 Etto... does it mean that the future can't be changed? In time slip stories and the like, people from the future come to change the past, but in the end, they couldn't change it.... There are a lot of stories that end up like that.

"The fact that Alice's arrival can change the future is..."
"Who do you think I am? Don't worry about that. There's no need to worry about this matter."

 O-Oh. As expected of a high-ranking god and a dependent of the World God. How reassuring.
 I asked for more details, but I didn't understand how the spirit of time restores events, but anyway, she said there was no problem. Even though Alice told me about the future, I heard that it doesn't change history due to it. Even if we try to change it, Grandma's power prevents us from changing it... That means? As expected of the manager of time, the Space-Time God...

"Alice's coming to the past and her safe return to the future is already a fixed future... or so I guess..."

 Lean crosses her arms again and ponders.
 It's amazing that Prof. Babylon's artifact of looking into the future could only look into an uncertain future...
 Perhaps it would be easier to reverse it and change the future... What is that? A God? She is God.
 Is it because Gods' intention is not to interfere too much in this world, or is it because the future should not be changed so much?

"Nou nou, Grandma. So how long is Alice going to be here?"

 Sue leans over the back of the sofa and asks Grandma Tokie.
 Fumu. According to Grandma, Alice will definitely return safely to the future. Whether she returns tomorrow or a year from now, it might not be a good idea for her to stay too long, even though only a few minutes have passed in the future time where she used to be. If it is not good, Alice of this time period will be born, and there might be two Alices.

"Well, it's going to take a few months for the dimensional quake wave to subside... From my perspective, a few months. Don't worry, I'll be responsible for sending them back there in the future when they're all here."
"Uhm, I've been wondering about this for a while now..."

 Hesitantly, Hilda raises her hand small. Hmm? Something bothering her?

"Grandmother Tokie said earlier that "those children" were caught in a dimensional quake... By any chance..."
"Ara! Ara ara, you're right! I haven't explained that yet. I'm sorry. I left the most important thing."

 Grandma Tokie clapped her hands with a wry smile. Eh? What?

"Alice wasn't the only one who got caught up in the Dimensional Quake. Your children, too. So I'm sure they'll come soon to this era."
""Eh? ''''

 We harmonized. My voice and my wives' voices harmonized beautifully.
 For a few seconds, my mind went blank and I couldn't think of anything. I think everyone else was the same way. It was as if time had stood still and we didn't move an inch.
 Eventually our time moves on with confusion.

"Eeeeeh! W-What do you mean, Grandmother!?"
"C-Children!? O-O-Our children!?"
"C-C-Calm d-d-d-d-down! Onee-chan!"
"T-They are coming from the future!? Our children!?"
"My and Touya-sama's...!"
"G-G-Grandma! Is that true!? Is it really true!?"
"As expected, I was surprised... But my child with Darling...? Really?"
“I-I still need to prepare myself as a mother! W-W-What should I do?"
"Already a mom...! It's too early...!"

 A big panic. No, I'm panicking too, but I can't react when everyone around me is like this. I lost the timing to get upset.

"Etto... Grandma? Um, when is that...?"
"Because the timing of their involvement is different, so there are some gaps in their arrival here, but I'd say they are all within a few months. Alice-chan was the first to arrive. If they were each near each other, they might show up together."
"I-I-I-Is! That okay! What if the children are thrown out into dangerous places alone...!"

 Grandma gently holds Lou's shoulders as he rushes forward.

"You know, including Alice-chan, most of your kids are gold- or silver-ranked adventurers. They've killed giant beasts and such with their own hands. It's not worth worrying about."
""Eh? ''''

 We harmonized. My voice and my wives' voices harmonized beautifully again.
 They all rank gold or silver rank? You're lying, right...? Did they beat the Giant Beast in the flesh? I beat it with Frame Gear and got a gold rank, though...
 This dad is in dilemma...

"G-Grandma! Is my child a gold rank!? Or a silver!?
"U, um! How old is my child...!"
"My child's swordsmanship is...!"
"Yes yes, that's enough. It would be boring if I told you everything, wouldn't it? That's something you'll have to look forward to when you meet them. Ah, and I'll make sure Alice-chan doesn't talk about it either."
"Eeh~..."

 That voice came out of all my wives.
 We've got a big problem...! I never thought we would skip childbirth and childcare and meet our grown children. Sorry to say this, but Ende's problem has already been blown out of my head!

"F-For now..."

 I opened a search site and typed in "how to interact with children."


◇ ◇ ◇


 Next morning.
 A clear blue sky can be seen through the windows of the dining hall. The sky is clear and cloudless, and today looks like it will be a nice day.
 Even though it was such a brisk morning, the dining hall was filled with a strange tension. Surrounding the long table were myself, my wives, Grandma Tokie, Moroha nee-san, and Uncle Kosuke (the other gods were still sleeping), with Ende, Mel, Nei, Lise, and Alice, the spirited one, as guests.
 Despite being such a large group, there was hardly any conversation, and the only sounds were the clinking and Alice's joyful voice.

"Delicious! I love this! Mom should eat it too!"
"Y-Yeah. I'll eat it."
 
 While eating bacon and eggs on the table, Alice smiles at Mel, who sits next to her.
 As we glanced at her actions, we were at a loss as to what to say to her. Even though Alice had been told not to talk about it by Grandma Tokie, we still had many questions we wanted to ask her.

"A-Alice-chan, how old are you now?"

 Ooh, Elze said. I guess she's just trying to start with the obvious and then expand on it. Your smile is kind of twitchy, though.

"Puh"
"Eh, eh? D-Did I say something weird?"

 Elze panicked when Alice suddenly spewed out while still holding a knife and fork.

"Because sensei says something like 'Alice-chan'. It's different from usual, so it's funny."
“S-Sensei!?”
"Etto, Elze-sensei is my martial arts master. Ah, I am six years old."
"I-I see..."

 Elze is her master!? Is Alice a martial artist...? It is true that the moves she used yesterday in defeating the men were those of a martial artist...
 I was both surprised and a little convinced by the future information I had obtained. Her father, Ende, and Elze were brother and sister disciples of the god of war. It was not surprising that they had such a relationship.

"...Wait a minute. Elze is your mentor, I don't teach you or anything?"
"Dad rarely comes home. And when he does come home, he's tired and asleep."
"... What does it mean rarely comes home? Endemion...?"
"Me!? No, I don't know!?"

 Mel gives him a cold look, and Ende shakes his head. No, it's the future Ende who won't come back, not the present Ende.

"He said he was busy with work. For once."
"For once, you said! Let's believe that part!?"

 A desperate father asks his daughter to defend him. They seem to be quite an interesting family.

"Or rather, did this guy even have a job?"
"Touya too..."
"Dad works for the Adventurers' Guild as a guildmaster. He's not in charge of Brunhild, though."

 He~e. I'm glad to hear some information about the future. Ende's guy is working for the Adventurer's Guild in the future. Well, he is still an adventurer, so you could say he is working for the guild.

“That's why Elze is your mentor and teaches you... Old man Takeru didn't teach you?"
"When I tried to ask him to teach me, Dad stopped me. He said, "It's too early to see hell"."
"Nice, me...!"

 Ende makes a small guts pose. Well, understandable. If you entrust your child to that god of war, it will definitely affect her character development in her early childhood. If she grows up to be a wild girl who is all about fighting, crying is not an option.

"S-So, m-my child is also learning with Alice?"

 Maybe because she has found a point of connection, Elze, don't be too pushy. We want to listen too, so we don't dare interrupt.

"Elna doesn't like kicking and punching. I often fight with Linne. The other day, too..."
"Alice-chan?"
"Eh? Ah... Ehehe, this was a secret. If I talk too much, all the fun when you meet will be ruined, right? I'll get scolded by everyone later. What a blunder, blunder."

 Alice sticks out her little tongue at Grandma Tokie's words. It seems that she is still keeping her mouth shut about our children, but if only about herself then okay.
 But it's too late. At least we now know that Elze's kid is "Elna", and that she doesn't like to fight bare knuckles or anything like that. ... She is Elze's kid, right?
 Maybe she is a daughter. She's Elze's daughter and she doesn't like to fight? I wonder why?
 Perhaps Elze was thinking the same thing, she got a subtle look on her face.
 And also Linne? I wonder if the child with that name is also my child.
 I glance at Linze, who is acting suspiciously next to Elze. Yeah, from the name, it's most likely Linze's child...
 I guess she came to the same conclusion as I did, but Linze seems to be holding back because Grandma's block is in place, even though she would like to ask her.
 Maybe later, when she is alone with her, she might blurt it out. Alice doesn't seem to be a girl who cares much about details.

"Ah, then if you're free today, you can play with me, Dad."
"Eh, with me?"

 Alice pulls the arm of Ende sitting next to her. Oh? A father-daughter showdown?
 When Ende looked at Mel, Mel also had a puzzled look on her face wondering what should be done about it.

"There's one training ground in the north that's open. If you're going to do it, I might as well observe."
"Yatta! That's settled!"

 When Moroha nee-san made the suggestion as she brought the salad to her mouth, Alice raised her hands in the air and said, 'Banzai'.
 Regarding the training of the Knights, I leave it to Moroha nee-san and the Knights Commander Rain-san. If Moroha nee-san, who knows the schedule, says so, then it must be so.

"Ah, then let me watch, too. I want to see how good you are."
"If onee-chan wants to watch them, then so do I."
" I guess I'll take a look too..."
"Then me too!"

 And so, one after another, hands went up, and in the end, we all ended up watching them. Everyone was very interested in Alice. Of course, so was I...
 They may all be eagerly waiting for a chance to get information about their own children at any moment.
 Even if we don't ask, I feel that we will know eventually... but we still want to be prepared in advance.
 Well, having said that, it's also true that I'm concerned about Alice's ability. I saw a glimpse of it in the town of Amatsumi, but I don't think that was her full strength.
 Well then, let's see what the future gold and silver ranks can do.