Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

I open a commission to translate a novel. If you are interested, click on this Ko-Fi or this Patreon (Please read the description carefully and contact me first before joining membership)

# 474 A Father-Daughter Showdown, And A Discussion About The Future.





"Hey, Touya. Should I win the match...?"
"It's a difficult question..."

 On the way to the training ground, Ende asked me secretly.
 Not to mention the match would be with Alice, who walks surrounded by everyone in front of us.

"A father must win in order to maintain his dignity. A father is a wall to be crossed, and it is no exaggeration to say that he is the first goal for a child."
“I-Is that so?”
"But I feel like this would be prefaced with "if it's a boy". I don't think it's a good idea to get serious with a girl, and more importantly, if you beat her and she says, "I hate you, Dad!" when he loses..."
"Don't scare me...! So, which one is it!?"

 Ende approaches me with a deeply troubled face. No matter what it is, I also don't know. Frankly, there is a high possibility that I'd be in the same boat, so I'm willing to use Ende's actions as a reference. I'll clean up your bones, so don't worry.
 While Ende continued to worry, we came to the training ground in the north. Unlike the training ground used by the knights, this place is wired with an incredibly strong divine energy. In other words, it is safe to go on a rampage.
 It is used for magic experiments, test shots, and when Moroha nee-san and Uncle Takeru show their techniques. It is also used for group battles with the knights by transferring magical beasts.
 And in one corner there was a raised fighting arena.
 Ende and Alice began wearing open-fingered gloves made of magic beast skin. They can't hit each other with gauntlets.
 There was nothing that would fit Alice's hand, but Linze took out her sewing kit and in no time at all, she had transformed an ordinary glove into a child's glove. Wait a minute, what was that?
 Is it called [High-speed sewing] or could it be Linze's family trait?
 Alice holds and opens the resized glove to get a feel for it.
 This protects the fist and also reduces the damage done to the opponent. However, the impact is still the same, so it will still hurt if you are hit. I really wonder if it is safe...?
 If Grandma Tokie doesn't stop this, I guess it's okay...

"Okay, then let's get started"

 At Moroha nee-san's words moved Ende and Alice to the center of the arena.

"Using magic is prohibited. And if you fall off the stage, you'll be disqualified. The time limit is five minutes. If I decide that the match cannot continue, it ends there. Are you ready?"

 Ende and Alice nodded their heads slightly. There's a huge height difference when they stand side by side, but I'm not sure if it's really okay. Ende is over 170cm, but Alice's is no more than 120cm...

"Now let's begin!"
"Alright, here I go!"

 DON! Alice, charging forward like a rocket with explosive force, swung her right fist.
 The moment Ende catches the fist with his left hand, a thrusting left fist flies toward Ende's chin.

"Oops"

 Alice quickly backs off and releases a follow-up attack on Ende, who avoided the blow. Ende is handling the continuous attacks quite fast and accurately.

"Her movements are quite impressive."
"Yes. It is a small, smooth, and efficient movement. However, it seems a bit too straightforward."

 Yae and Hilda let out such impressions. Does "straightforward" mean they didn't use any feints or anything like that?
 I called out to Elze who was next to me.

“What do you think about her, as her future master, Elze-san?”
“I can't say for sure yet. Maybe she's only been taught the basics. ...Ah"
"Ha!"

 When I looked back at Elze's murmur, I saw that Alice was releasing a large mass of "Ki" on the bottom of her palm from in front of Ende. Was that "Hakkei"? (Note: release internal power)

"Kuh!"

 Ende crossed his arms to block it, but was pushed backward by the force of the attack. Alice, perhaps aiming for that opening, thrust her arms forward, and crystal thorns sprang out from her arms.

"[Rose Crystal Thorn (Prisma Rose)]!"
"Wha!?"

 A few thorns quickly entangled Ende's legs. Ende immediately released his hand sword to sever it, then jumped backward to distance himself from Alice, perhaps to avoid being entangled again.

"Mel-sama, that was..."
"Yeah. My [Rose Crystal Thorn (Prisma Rose)]! ...I was surprised"
“She is undoubtedly Mel-sama’s daughter.”

 The Furaizu, her mothers are impressed, but isn't that against the rules? Is it OK ...... because it's not magic? If they're like limbs to the Furaizu, then maybe it's okay. As long as Moroha nee-san didn't pay attention to it, it's probably OK.
 The crystal thorns that were pulled back wrap around Alice's elbow to the end, making an even larger crystal fist at the tip of her fist.

"Yaa!"
"Eh!?"

 A large crystal fist was released toward Ende, with thorns drawn in a spring-like circle from Alice's outstretched right fist. It was as if it had a spring attached to it.
 I've seen games online where characters like that fight... The kind with the boxing gloves that have springs on them that pop out.

"That's another application of my [Crystal Brilliance Absolution (Prisma Guillotine)]. She uses it very well.”

 In contrast to my stunned reaction, Mel, who seemed impressed, gave a small nod. I wonder if Alice's style of fighting is based on the characteristics of her mother, Furaizu.

"Kuh!"

 The crystal fist that Ende avoided was pulled back toward Alice as if pulled back by a spring. At the same time, the opposite fist this time struck Ende in a wide arc. Ah, he can't avoid that one.

"God of War Style・Echo Shock Violent Destruction"

 Against the large crystal fist coming toward him, Ende threw a right palm thrust.
 PAN! With a loud sound, the crystal fist shatters into small pieces.

"Not yet! Powder, crush!"

 Alice glides forward and a straight fist thrust is delivered into Ende's abdomen. It's as if she is tracing Elze's movements. Is it to be expected since she is her master.
 But I have a feeling that's a bad idea. This is because Ende and Else are playing matches under Uncle Takeru every day. They know the movements of each other.
 That is why it is important to play the tactics of getting behind or ahead of the game. Compared to Elze, Alice's moves, which Hilda just evaluated as "straightforward," are...
 Ende evaded Alice's attack by pulling to the side, then grabbed her wrist and pulled her down.
 When Alice loses her balance and falls forward, he quickly dispenses with her legs and leaps up, inserting his left arm into her torso.

"Eh? Wah!"

 Floating in the air, Alice spins neatly and half-turns and falls from her back to the ground. Ende's fist swung down on Alice's face as she immediately tried to get up. Naturally, the fist was stopped short.

"That's enough. Winner, Ende."

 Moroha-nee-san raises her hand and announces the end of the match. Hmm. He won, huh? No, I thought Ende would win, but there was a pattern of losing on purpose. It's a secret that I was thinking that if I let my guard down and lost, then I would laugh as hard as I could.

"Muu! I thought I could win against Dad of this era, since it was the first time we met!"
"Hahaha. You're lenient, so lenient. I can't lose to a child no matter what."

 Alice is frustrated as she lies on the ground, and Ende replies lightly, walking toward me.

"...Oi, your face is twitching."
"No, that was a close one...! What the hell, that girl!? She's like a big surprise box, good grief...!"

 Ende mumbles something like that in a small voice as he passes me. What, you said? She's your daughter, right? You might not feel it.
 Nei and Lise hold Ende firmly from both sides.

"Eh eh!? What!?"
"Can't you just cut a little slack, you?"
"Umu. Endemion is lacking in kindness to his daughter."

 As it was, Ende was taken to a corner of the training ground. Uwah, unreasonable.
 Alice, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind and stood up.

"Hey hey, Your Majesty! I want His Majesty to be my opponent next!"
"Eh?"

 Glancing at Ende being lectured in the corner of the training ground, I realized I was in a dangerous situation. I can only see a future where I will be lined up next to Ende. This must be avoided at all costs.

"Etto, thanks for the offer, but..."
"I'll be your opponent next. Isn't that fine, Touya?"

 As I was trying to make some excuse to refuse, Elze, wearing open gloves, quickly stepped forward. As expected of my wife. I was saved.

"Fight sensei when she was young, sounds interesting! Alright, let's do it!"

 Alice, who is excited, confronts Elze. She looks so excited. She is still a child after all.

"Even though she is small, she's quite good-degozaruna. But when it comes to this... We cannot afford to be complacent-degozaruna, Hilda-dono."
"Yes. It's not my main concern, so I left it as it was, but let's go up to the silver rank for a bit, too."
 
 Yae and Hilda nodded to each other.
 Yae and the others are registered with the Adventurers' Guild, but since that is not their main job, they do not do anything in particular to raise their ranks. In my case, there are some requests for appointments of gold rank, but Yae and the others only go to the dungeon island from time to time to hunt magical beasts for patrol purposes. So both of them are still at the red rank.
 If Alice is ranked gold or silver as Grandma Tokie says, that would mean she is ranked higher than Yae and the others. Of course, she is probably registered with the Adventurers' Guild of the Future, so she is probably unregistered here in this era.
 Or rather, how did a six year old get permission to register... I wonder if it is the guild master, Relisha-san's arrangement. Even though adventurers are based on ability, I wonder about that part.
 Well, if Yae and the others get serious, the silver rank will be gone in no time. They only need to kill a few dragons that are misbehaving. And if they defeat one of the giant beasts, they will be promoted to the gold rank, I think.
 The gold and silver rankers are going to be busy. Mostly my relatives, though...




 After the match with Elze (of course, Elze won the match), Alice said she wanted to see the old castle town, so I sent her off with her family. It would have been unwise of me to follow them.
 Elze, Yae, Hilda and the others went to the Adventurers' Guild. They intend to quickly raise their ranks. Since there was no big game in Brunhild, they were asked to check it out and were told that two subspecies of Cyclops were rampaging in the mountain province of Roadmare. They are not as strong as the dragons, but I sent the three of them to Roadmere by [Gate], saying that they would go and defeat them anyway. They said they would call me when they were done.
 I had come to the "library" in Babylon to investigate space-time magic, and I was told what had happened so far to the professor, Elka the engineer, and Fam, the "library" manager.

“It's quite interesting. But magic that transcends time? Even I, the genius that I am, can't help being amazed by this. ... Well? If we can create a singularity in space-time with a dimensional gate for Alice, who will return to the future, we can create a time transfer..."

 I left the professor who was mumbling and thinking things over, and returned my attention to Elka the engineer in front of me.

"As I recall, the black "Crown" and Noir also use space-time magic, right?"
"In the case of that one, though, it's a very limited ability. He can speed up his own time, pull power from other time lines."
"Is it possible to go to the future or the past?"
"Hmm, it's not impossible ... I guess? But to use the ability to go back in time, there must be a significant [price]. Well, the [price] itself is going back in time"

 The "compensation" for using Noir is the contractor's "time". Only the body is rejuvenated while the memory remains intact. If that were all, it would be enviable, but one wrong move and the contractor would be rewound to a fetus. It is a terrible price to pay.

"Can Noir feel the sway of time... or feel those who come through time?"
"Well... I wonder? If they activate their permanent ability and share their senses with Noirs in the future, they might be able to figure it out. ...Don't tell me you're planning to make Norn pay a [price] for that?"

 Elka the engineer, who was shifting her round glasses and staring at me with a stern look in her eyes, and I shook my head.
 To her, Norn is her little sister. She probably thought I was trying to make her do something dangerous. Of course, I had no intention of doing so.
 I wondered if Noir could somehow predict when children would arrive from the future. Of course, I was going to reject the idea if it would require a "compensation".
 Looking at Alice, I knew that our children were strong in their own way. They would probably not be defeated by any of the monsters or magical beasts out there. But that is not the only danger in the world.
 There are scums who trick or take advantage of children to get a sweet deal. Slave traders still exist.
 I'm wondering if they might get involved with such people... I'm sure Grandma Tokie will tell us when the children come from the future, but Alice was also entangled with a bunch of degenerate ex-adventurer, and frankly, I'm worried.
 While I was pondering, the professor surfaced from the sea of thoughts and asked me.

"What was the cause of the dimensional quake, by the way? Did you ask Alice-kun about it?"
“Ah, now that you mention it, I haven't asked that. Well, it seems that the occurrence of dimensional quakes is in the unshakable future, so there's nothing we can do about it, even if we hear about it."

 It is because of that dimensional quake in the future that Alice came here in the past.
 Just as an undersea earthquake causes an earthquake fault on the seafloor, which then generates a tsunami, there must be some kind of cause for the dimensional quake.
 The out-of-control Black and White "crown" that once drove the Fureizu into a dimensional space and "Rewound" the world boundary, which happened 5,000 years ago.
 And this time, the dimensional quake may also be because the Black "Crown" Noir and the White "Crown" Albus were going out of control.
 Will you listen to me later? I don't know if they will tell me. If my children don't have a direct relationship, they'll tell me.
 We went through all the space-time magic books left by Elder Palerius, but we didn't find anything new. It seems that it is still difficult to aim to transcend time.
 If the kids arrive over here, a straight up phone call would be great... Then I would pick them up right away.
 Nothing has happened yet, and already the heartache is incredible. This Dad, I feel a pit in my stomach...




 So a few days have passed since Alice arrived.

"Kids are great, aren't they, Touya?"
"...Who are you?"

 Ende speaks with a smile, saying lines that could be misinterpreted by anyone who hears them. What is this guy? He's got a loose smile on his face...
 Ende smiles and watches children spinning and playing with capsule toys at the Strand Trading Company storefront. ... You're gonna get caught, you know?

"Well~, I didn't really understand what people were talking about when they mentioned "daughter," but the more I lived with her, the more I began to think she was cute. The way she smiles and her eyes look just like Mel's. I now understand why fathers around the world love their daughters so much."
"... Like I said, who are you? I see, Ende's fake?"
"Well well, sooner or later Touya will understand. I'm looking forward to it."
"It kind of pisses me off"

 The enlightened look on his face adds to it. Should I slap him once? It might bring him back to his senses.

"I didn't call you here to hear you talk like that. So? Did you find out anything?"
"Ah, well, some."

 Ende and the others who live with Alice would have heard many things about the future from her. Let us hear that information from her. Mainly information about our children.

"First of all, Touya has nine children. One boy and the rest are all girls, apparently."
"I know that!"
"Areh!?"

 Ah, I guess I didn't explain that part to Ende. Well, that's okay. Next, give me the next piece of information.

"Etto, and then... The oldest one is eleven and the youngest one is five. The oldest child seems to be already gold rank."

 Eh, nine people born in six years? No, two or three of them will be the same age, so it's not surprising that things are going to be like that...
 But the oldest is 11 years old, which is almost the same age as when I first met Yumina. Does that mean that she already has a fiancée and the countdown to marriage is on? No, I haven't met her yet, but your dad started crying...
 I wonder if this is how fathers feel when they give their daughters in marriage...

"No, I heard that the girl says she won't accept anyone as a marriage partner unless he's stronger than her. There aren't many people above the gold rank, so she still doesn't have a fiancée."
"Shshaah!"

 Make big guts pose. I don't know what to think about this as an educational policy, but for now, let's say it's OK!
 A royal family is a royal family, even if it is small. Being born a princess gives her the option of a political marriage.
 But as for me, I don't want to choose that option. If the goal is to avoid war, promote aggression, or provide economic aid in the first place, we can handle that kind of thing.
 Therefore, I want my daughters to marry in free love. My wives also agree on this.
 But unfortunately, unfortunately! There is such a thing as a relationship between countries. There is also such a thing as a family association.
 At these meetings, they meet princes from other countries, fall in love, develop love, and get married early ──── And so on, there is also that route.
 So I don't think this development is bad. Okay, let's train the first girl really hard. To the point where she doesn't hate me.
 ...Areh? Isn't this information from the future determining the future?
 I'm sure there's some kind of paradox... No, well, let's not think about it. Grandma Tokie must have done something, probably. I'll leave those contradictions to God.
 As I was tossing the problem to Grandma Tokie in my mind, Ende suddenly tapped me on the shoulder.

"By the way. I heard that my daughter really likes Touya's son. What do you think about that?"
"Eh, what? My shoulder hurts..."
"Alice says she's going to be that kid's wife, what do you think?"

 Areeh, Ende-san... are you mad at me? The grip on my shoulder got stronger, it hurts, it hurts!

"Thinking about marriage at the age of six, what does that mean! My daughter still won't do it!"
"I don't know! Even if you're mad at my son, who you haven't even met yet! I think you're being a little hasty!"

 I saw a guy in front of me who is currently experiencing the feeling of marrying off his daughter.
 Besides, how does that sound from my son's point of view? Is it a love affair? It could be a one-sided unrequited love of a childhood friend.
 When I said something like that, Ende and I almost got into a fight.
 Oh, man, this dad is so troublesome!