Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

I open a commission to translate a novel. If you are interested, click on this Ko-Fi or this Patreon (Please read the description carefully and contact me first before joining membership)

# 475 The First Person, And Parents' Appearance.




"Here I go!"

 Alice's heavy knight, Chevalier, rides toward the giant beast, the earth shaking. In its hand is a heavy mace
 Intercepting the boar-shaped giant beast, the Tusk Boar. Using its huge body like a bullet, it plunges into the heavy knight Chevalier.
 Just as the two long, sharp, spear-like fangs were about to reach the machine, the Chevalier, the heavy knight that Alice was riding, flew brilliantly into the air.
 She was not blown away. Instead, she jumped herself. Like a belly roll in the high jump, she leaped over Tusk Boar's head, spun around, and landed with ease.
 Chevalier, the heavy knight, is a heavily armed type of frame gear with an emphasis on defense. Naturally, it is heavy and its movements are slow.
 It must take a great deal of skill and experience to maneuver it with such lightness.
 Looks like she's not lying when she says she used to ride a lot in the future.

“BUGOOOOOOOO!”

 The Tusk Boar changed direction and began to charge toward Alice's heavy knight Chevalier again. This time, Alice also faced it head-on with her war club mace in her hand.

"Eei!"

 Alice threw her mace, a dull and shiny battle cudgel, at the Tusk Boar. Eh? Why is she throwing it!?
 GOWIN! There was a dull thud and the war club mace struck the forehead of the task boa. The skin ripped and blood flowed from it, but it did not stop the assault.

"[Crystal Armament]! 』

 Suddenly, crystal thorns sprang from the arms of Chevalier, the heavy knight on which Alice rode, and wrapped around both fists to form crystal gauntlets.
 That's Mel's...

"Crush!"

 The heavy knight Chevalier's fist, hardened with crystal gauntlets, bursts into the nose of the Tusk Boar.
 The Tusk Boar was blown away flashily while spraying blood and broken fangs.
 The Tusk Boar with a crushed face falls to the ground and dies.

"Yatta!"
"...A~ah, it's no good..."

 I smiled a wry smile as I watched Chevalier, the heavy knight, strike a triumphant pose with its fist raised in the air.
 Nei and Lise, who were standing next to me, raised their eyebrows and glared at me, as if they didn't like what I said.

"What do you mean, "No good"? Alice did a good job, didn't she? What are you complaining about my little girl?"
"Strongly agree. Alice is a genius. Very nice girl."

 Umu, I guess they are starting to become doting parents over here, too. I glanced at Ende and saw a troubled smile on his face.

"When Touya said 'no good', he didn't mean the way she fights, but the way she defeats it. Alice's way of fighting is excellent without damaging the frame gear, but the way she defeated it shouldn't be that way. The tusks, which are the most valuable material, are broken in the middle and their value has dropped in value. He means to say it's a waste."

 Tusk Boar's tusks are very valuable, and that's why I'd like to get them undamaged. An intact one and a broken one are quite different in price.
 But a silver ranked adventurer should know that much.
 ...Well, I guess she was trying to look good in front of her parents. And she didn't need to jump like that to evade the attack. She's still a kid in that way.

"Ehehe. How about it? I defeated it properly, right?"

 Alice comes down from the heavy knight Chevalier and runs up to us with a big smile on her face and her scarf fluttering. She has a full-blown aura for praise and compliments. It's as if you can see her tail wagging.
 I'm at a loss as to what to say "defeat it properly", but it is a fact that her Frame Gear's maneuvering skills were excellent.
 As expected, I can't ruin her smile.

"Umu! As expected of our daughter! Well done, Alice!"
"Alice is strong. The strongest Princess Furaizu."

 Nei and Lise take turns stroking Alice's head and praising her. They really deredere...
 Then, Alice jumped straight into Mel's chest, who was watching her with a smile on her face.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"
"Don't worry. I'm strong. Next to my mothers."

 Alice, spoiled by Mel, squinting her eyes like a cat. How can I say this, she really got adapted.
 This time, we exterminated the giant beasts in the Kingdom of Parelius, but this was not a request through the guild. Alice said she could handle Frame Gear, so I went looking for her to see what she could do.
 Basically, Giant Beasts live in remote mountainous areas or in magical landscapes where people don't come close to them. If only that were the case, they would live in harmony with each other and not interfere with each other, just as dragons do, but every once in a while a stray appears and the Adventurers' Guild receives a request to take down the beast. Originally.
 This tusk boar was near the central temple of the kingdom of Parelius, so I offered the kingdom of Parelius to exterminate the giant beast.
 I promised to sell the material of Tusk Boar at a reasonable price to Queen Parelius who willingly agreed to do so, but I'm afraid this will be even more of a rip-off...

"Well, let Ende compensate me for the loss"
“He just said something scary!”

 Do your best, Dad. You go beat the big one, too.
 ...But Alice says that even in the future, there will be attacks by giant beasts. On the contrary, there seems to be slightly more of them than now.
 This is probably due to the fact that when the worlds merged, magical pools were created in various places. So, a few decades after now, the ones that turned into giant beasts appeared one after another.
 This was a slip of the tongue by Alice, but it seems that my children are also riding frame gears to kill giant beasts. What are you doing letting your kids do, future me? But all my kids are gold and silver ranks...
 I thought that the threat of the Furaizu had passed and that the Frame Gear was being kept in reserve, but it seems that it is still needed. Well, I don't think there are any more battles where we have to deploy hundreds of them.
 For now, the giant beast extermination has been taken care of, so I contacted Queen Parelius, connected the [Gate], and had Parelius' soldiers take the tusk boar with them. I will charge them the money at a later date.
 Now let's go home, I thought, and as I was about to open the [Gate] to Brunhild, I heard the light ringtone of a smartphone in my ear.
 It's not mine. I basically leave it in my pocket and put it on silent mode.
 Was it one of Ende's group? I thought, but they all looked at each other and wondered. Areh? Not you guys?

"Ah, it's mine."

 Alice then took out a cute decorated smartphone from her pocket. It's a white phone with a cover case that looks like cat ears. I wonder if that's the one made in the future ... It doesn't look like it's been upgraded much.

"Areh? It's from Yakumo-oneechan."
"Eh?"

 Yakumo-oneechan? Yakumo? No way, that's...!

"Hello, Yakumo-oneechan? Yes, I am already in Brunhild. I live with my dad and moms. Where is Yakumo-oneechan now? Eh? Unn, I got it. I'll say so. But... Ah, she hung up”

 I hear a "beep, beep" sound from Alice's phone as she takes her ear off the phone. Apparently, the other party hung up the call unilaterally.
 No, it doesn't matter. ...No, it's not good, but.
 The question is, who called?

"A-Alice... who's on the phone just now?"
"Eh? Yakumo-oneechan? E~tto, eto... Areh? Is it okay to talk about it? But I was told to tell His Majesty..."
"You can talk. If not, Grandma Tokie will come. So don't worry."

 I don't think I'm being a bit pushy, but I'm more concerned about the person who just called earlier. If I'm right...!

"Well, Yakumo-oneechan is His Majesty's eldest child... She's the eldest daughter, Yae-sama's daughter."
"I knew it ...!"

 Yakumo. I thought the name sounded like Yae, but I was right. And my eldest daughter ... My first child is Yae's child...!?
 Oops, no time to get all emotional!

"So, w-where is she now!?"
“Well, I heard that she left for the Roadmare Federation, and she's going to Brunhild after she's trained for a while.”
"Ha?"

 ...Training? I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

“Yakumo-oneechan likes training after all. I guess she wants to see His Majesty when she is strong enough”
"No, no, no! I wouldn't let the kid wander around alone! It's a Roadmare, right!? I will ask the Governor of the state to search for her...!"
"I think it’s useless. Yakumo-oneechan can use [Gate]. She said she was going to go around, so maybe she's already gone somewhere else, I guess?"
"My daughter can use [Gate]!?"

 Seriously!? Areh, but [Gate] can only be used to go to a place I've been to before... I mean, if she is going somewhere where the scenery doesn't change that much, can she still go there in the future...?
 Or rather, if you can use [Gate], come straight to Brunhild!
 I tried to find it with search magic, but it was impossible. That's right. I didn't know what she looked like. I thought about using [Recall] to get Alice's memories, but Alice was reluctant to do so, probably because of what had happened with Grandma Tokie, and her parents snarled at me. It's okay to just peek into her memory for a moment!
 No, I'm going to give up here!

"Then, then call that Yakumo!"
"It's fine, but maybe... Ah, the calls are still blocked. She doesn't want to be disturbed."
"Hmmm!"

 She is acting too fast! How much does she love a training!
 What should I do... I should tell Yae anyway, right? No, I should tell everyone...
 My head was starting to panic, and I opened [Gate] to Brunhild to discuss it with everyone.




"M-M-My daughter here!?"

 The fried food she had for lunch is dropped, and Yae rises from her chair with a clatter, her eyes wide open.
 Everyone else seemed surprised and lost in words.
 Umu, Although she has come to this era, I don't know how to tell everyone that she's wandered...
 I explain the situation as slowly and carefully as possible. This is a very important girl for Yae (and for me, too). Don't trigger her too much...

"What do you mean by she is wandering around here and there, Danna-sama!" (Note: Husband)
"I'm sorry, I don't understand!"

 That's going to happen, isn't it? I can only apologize to Yae, who presses on me as if to cling to me.

"Training, huh... In a way, it's like Yae-san's daughter..."
"Right. It kind of makes sense."

 Linze and Elze look at each other and give each other a small nod.

"Nu? If this Yakumo child is the eldest, does that mean she is gold ranked?"

 Sue is right, in light of the information we have so far. She's probably the one Ende was talking about when he said, "I won't accept a marriage unless it's with someone stronger than me".
 Probably, but I think that not only Yae but also Moroha nee-san taught this child how to use the sword. As a result, I think she has become more of a devoted sword-wielding personality than Yae ever was.
 Maybe she's also getting the blessing of Moroha-nee-san... No, I have not met her yet, so I can only make a guess.

"W-W-What should we do!? Is she safe to be alone in the world of the past...!"

 Yae is flustered and tense. I understand how you feel. I understand, but don't poke the fried bean curd with chopsticks and make fried bean curd sticks for no reason. It's not that she's being gluttonous, but that she's simply freaking out.
 
"Calm down. There's no point in you guys being on edge."

 The second sister was the one who spoke to her with a wry smile on her face. Yae threw out the fried stick and ran up to Moroha nee-san.

"M-Moroha ane-ue! But isn't it dangerous for a child to be alone in an unknown past world?"
"The girl is gold rank, right? Then I guess there's nothing to worry about. How old was Yae when you left on your training trip?"
"I-I left Eashen when I was thirteen and half a year old..."
"Look, it's not that different. If you're a parent, you should trust your children more."

 No, no, a two-year age gap between children is big, right? It may be a moment from God's point of view. And it's hard to expect me to trust a child I haven't even met yet.

"In case of emergency, she will come back using [Gate], and I'm sure Grandma Tokie's subordinate will be watching over her, so I'm sure she'll be fine."
"Grandma Tokie's subordinate, you mean that Spirit of Time that you mentioned before?"

 I am the Spirit King on this ground, but among the gods, I am a new god, a newbie, who has just entered the realm of the gods. Even though we are the same gods, Grandma Tokie's career is naturally more advanced for the spirits. In other words, the other gods >>>> me (new god) > the Great Spirit.
 I have never met the Spirit of Time. Spirits live their lives as they please, so there are many spirits I've never met before...

"Well, she'll come sooner or later."
"Nuuu... She hasn't even been born but she's already causing her parents to worry..."
 
 Contrary to Moroha nee-san's lighthearted words, Yae seems to be pondering something. I guess it's best not to think about it too much.
 Eh, me? I'm very worried, though? I've been doing trial and error for some time now to see if I can somehow find her with [Search].
 I searched for "Yae's Child" and got a huge number of hits, mainly from Eashen. I can't narrow it down at all. I guess this is judging "it could be my and Yae's child" based on looks alone, but how much more so.
 When I asked Alice about it later, she told me that the phones that the children (and Alice) have the same effect as the amulet of protection, and they are not caught by the [Search]... How dare you, the future me, don't do anything unnecessary.

"But Yae-san’s child is Touya-sama’s first child... So it’s kind of frustrating."

 Lou says these words with a small sigh. No, for my part, it doesn't really feel like that.
 Normally, there would be a pregnancy period, and I would have thought that the determination to become a parent of the child, or a resolve, or something like that, would slowly develop. But I skipped that part of the process.

"I-I see. My child is the first child of Danna-sama... I-I'm kind of, you know, happy and embarrassed..."

 Unlike me, Yae's face is bright red and she is fidgety and embarrassed. What the hell, oi. My wife is the cutest!

"But then... Yae's daughter is eleven years old, isn't she? I'm only two years older than her..."

 Mumumu, Sue looks up to the ceiling and groans. Sue is thirteen. If things go poorly, it's possible that Sue could look younger than her.
 No, since Suu is married, Yae's daughter... Yakumo, it isn't strange that she could be engaged after all...
 W-Well, I hear she says she won't marry anyone unless they are stronger than she is, so I guess it's safe for now.
 I don't know about the world in the future, but the only gold ranks in this world are me and Hilda's grandfather, Grandpa Galen.
 Grandpa Galen is very talented, but I think Yae or Hilda is stronger now, and Yakumo, who probably has the blessing of Moroha nee-san, is stronger.
 People who have the same level of divine blessings and are as good as the gold ranks is.................. exist, one person....

"What's wrong-degozaru?"
"No, if Ende says something like, "Give your daughter," let's cut him down together, Yae."
“Why would you do that!?”

 As long as there is a possibility, it is better to have some ideas on how to deal with him. I've got one choice.
 While we were having such a silly conversation, Sue was nodding vigorously with determined eyes beside me.

"Yae's daughter is also my daughter. Even though we are two years apart in age, I must make sure that I am not taken lightly. I must act more maturely."
"No, this Yakumo girl is from the future, so she knows Sue as an adult, or rather, your grown-up version. I don't think you need to push yourself too hard"
"No, it's better to have her think I was always mature! In the meantime................... Etto, what should I do, Yumina-neesama?"

 Sue turned her head toward Yumina. It seems that she could not think of any way to make her look more mature. If I said she was childish, that would be the end of the story, but I think her innocence is what makes her so appealing.

"Even if you say you want to look mature… Eetto, Lean-san, do you have any suggestions?”
"Eh?"

 Ah, Yumina threw the whole ball. Lean, the oldest, stopped drinking her tea and looked at Sue, fumu. Hey, Paula. Don't imitate her.

"The easiest thing would be clothes. And then the hair? I think it's also possible to make them look more mature from the outside. Even just wearing clothes with a calm atmosphere would make a difference, I guess?"
"I see, clothes! That's easy and nice!"

 Indeed, people's impressions change depending on the clothes they wear. When Sue wears a dress to a party, she gives a different impression than usual. But even so, in Sue's case, rather than being mature and beautiful, her image is that of a cute and cheerful.
 Well, I guess it depends on the design and color of the dress. It seems to me that most of the dresses Sue wears are in pop colors like pink or yellow.
 Would it look more mature if it were more chic?

"Touya Touya! Please find an adult-like outfit that suits me!"
"Eh? No, well... that's fine, but..."

 I don't have enough fashion sense to make a good impression, you know? Let's see, in a situation like this, I can search for it on my smartphone....
 Not only Sue, but everyone else seemed to be interested in the crowd of clothes projected in the air.
 I save every single photo of the clothes they like. Later, I can print them out and take them to "Fashion King Zanac" to have them made from our materials.
 Apparently, everyone heard Sue's story and wanted to look a little better when they met the kids. Is this what parents are supposed to look like?
 Behind everyone else examining the clothing images, I take another look at my own attire.

".................."
[Dad has been wearing the same thing for years!]

 Guha!? Even though just imagining it, the damage is huge!
 You're wrong, these clothes are enchanted with protection magic, so they won't get damaged or get dirty...!
 I-I think I should try to wear something a little more mature too...
 Feeling strangely impatient, I opened a men's fashion website.


Previous | Next