Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Autumn Festival


 Near the ticket gates of a crowded station.
 Today is the day of the fireworks display, which I had previously promised to go to with Touka, Ike, and Tatsumiya.

 I arrived at the meeting place a little early, read a romantic comedy manga on my smartphone, and waited, thinking that all the heroines were cute, but the athletic types were the cutest, until suddenly my sleeve was tugged.

 When I turned around, there was Touka with a smile on her face.
 She wore a yukata that gives an impression of being mature and graceful.
 It suits her very well.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, senpai! Did you wait long?"

"I just got here too, so I'm not waiting that long."

"Good! Then let's get to the festival area quickly, shall we?"

 To Touka trying to pull my hand...

"Touka-chan, we are all planning to go around the festival today, you can't just slip out, okay?"

 Kana, who came out from behind her, reminded her so.
 When I looked, I saw Kana dressed in a brightly colored and gorgeously patterned yukata.
 
 Ike and Tatsumiya were also behind her.
 Ike briskly raised his hand and said, "Yo," and Tatsumiya made a single silent bow to us.

"...Yuuji-senpai, are you okay? Have you been stalked recently by a woman with large breasts? I'm worried."

 Touka asked me with a concerned gaze and voice.

"Sorry, I also invited Kana. ... Also, I forgot to tell Touka about it again."

 The other day was Kana's birthday.
 I felt bad not inviting only her to the summer festival, so I had invited her when we parted, but I had not reported this to Touka.

 Without hiding her displeasure, Touka looked at me silently.

“Recently, Yuuji-kun has been aggressively earning my affection... Touka-chan, maybe he got tired of you for real?”

 Kana says with a smile on her face.

“Eh, Hasaki-senpai, I think it's really hilarious that you don't understand that you're just being cajoled and kept in line.”

 Touka, too, said with a big smile on her face.
 With the usual exchanges in the background, I try to suggest to Ike and Tatsumiya that we move on from here.

"Well, Kaichou. ...Do you think my yukata appearance is strange?"

"Yeah, it's not strange. I think it looks good on you."

“I-Is that so? ...That's so”

 They seemed to be in the middle of capturing.
 At Ike's words, Tatsumiya's face turned red.
 Indeed, Tatsumiya was beautiful in her yukata.
 ...They say the smaller your breasts are, the better you look in a yukata.

"Tomoki-san, what is it?"

 And Tatsumiya stares at me without pause. Did she see that I was thinking rudely?

"Nothing, it's time to move on to the venue."

"Right"

 Ike nodded at my words.
 Then Touka and Kana, who are still arguing with each other, and Tatsumiya moved to the venue together.




 There was still time before the fireworks display started, but it was still very crowded.
 As I am not good at group activities, if I'm not careful, I'm likely to get separated from the group very quickly.
 With that in mind....


 I got separated quickly.


 ...I tried to stay on alert, but there were just too many people around.
 In no time at all, I was separated and alone.

 I let out a sigh and pull out my smartphone.
 It seems that Touka had already contacted me.

『Senior, where are you now??』

 It seems they are looking for me too.

『I'm sorry, I got lost. Let's meet somewhere.』

 I replied to the message, and Touka immediately contacted me back.
 Then we designated a place and decided to meet up.

 I put my smartphone away and then try to head to my destination.
 But there I found a very beautiful woman I recognized.

“A-re, Makiri-sensei?”

 I called out that beautiful woman, Makiri Chiaki-sensei.
 I wonder if she was surprised to be suddenly called by me. Makiri-sensei seems to be somewhat nervous.

"T-Tomoki-kun... Good evening. What a coincidence that we meet here"

 Makiri-sensei blushed somewhat shyly on her cheeks before turning to me.
 
"That's right. It's been a while."
 
 I hadn't seen Makiri-sensei in person since we went to her parents' house together.
 However, since we are in contact with each other rather frequently, I don't feel that it has been a long time.

“Yeah, right. ...I wonder if you came with Ike-san?” 

“I came with Touka, Ike and the others, but the crowd was too big. In no time at all, we were separated.”

"Y-You're right. Indeed, there are too many people."

 Makiri-sensei said with a somewhat happy expression.
 She might be glad that I didn't come to the festival alone.

"How about sensei? You're alone, right?"

 I look at Makiri-sensei again and ask her.
 She wears a calm yukata and her hair, which she usually wears down, is tucked into a bun.
 It's very beautiful and well suited.
 
 If someone this beautiful were at a summer festival, I would think she was here on a date with her boyfriend.
 It's because Makiri-sensei doesn't have someone like that... 

"I'm alone. Is that bad?"

 She gives me a miffed look and then asks me.

"No. No, not at all."

 She opened her mouth, staring at me with half-open eyes as she answered.

"... The younger teachers are making their rounds to make sure our students don't get out of line and misbehave."

"Even when it's day off, thanks for your hard work."

 I thought that being a teacher must be really tough.
 
"Just being told that, I'm sure I'm a happy. ... It wouldn't be good to stay away from Ike-san and the others, would it? I'll help you find them."

 With a gentle smile, Makiri-sensei said so.

"I'm fine, I've already contacted them. We're about to meet up."

"... T-That's so."

 Makiri-sensei obviously dropped her shoulders.
 ... Maybe it's boring to be at a summer festival by yourself.
 With that in mind, I open my mouth.

"I knew that if I was alone, I would be intimidating to those around me. Makiri-sensei, if you don't mind, could you accompany me?"

 At my words, Makiri-sensei's face lit up, and then she quickly turned away with a pout.
 Then, after a pouty look, she says.

"Yes, leave it to me."

"Please"

 When I said that with a wry smile, she let out a voice, "Ah..." this time.

"What's wrong?"

 In response to my question, she gave me a concerned look and then said. 

"If we meet another student. A student and teacher at a summer festival, they might get some misunderstanding..."

"I don't think so. I think our students would think that Makiri-sensei is watching me to make sure I don't misbehave?"

“...Then, what do you think it would look like to people who are totally unfamiliar with us?”

 With a somewhat displeased expression on her face, Makiri-sensei asks.

"Maybe. I think people will think that a beautiful woman who gets tangled up with thug?"

 I said what others would probably think.
 Makiri-sensei looked at me rather boringly.
 
 Then, after letting out a chuckle.

"...Yes. I've been told I'm a beautiful woman, but it's complicated"

 She smiled gently and then said so shyly.



 
 Then, while talking with Makiri-sensei about other things, I arrived at the meeting place with Touka and the others.
 All the members were already there and we were able to join them safely.

"Sorry I kept you waiting"

 When I say that to everyone,

"Eh, a-re? Makiri-sensei? Why are you with senpai??"

 Touka asked Makiri-sensei, who was standing next to me.

"I'm making the rounds to see if any of our students are getting out of control and misbehaving. I heard that Tomoki-kun was here with you, so I thought I'd follow you just to give you a reminder"

"Eh~, that's so! Sensei, You are so beautiful, I thought you were on a date with your boyfriend or something, but it's tough."

 Touka said to Makiri-sensei with an unclouded smile on her face.
 ……Ugh, Makiri-sensei's face scrunched up..
 
"N-No... It's work, so it can't be helped."

 Without mentioning that she did not have a boyfriend, Makiri-sensei said this while suppressing her agitation.

"It's so sad that you can't go on a date with your boyfriend at a summer festival. I'm definitely not going to be a teacher."

 ...Stop it already, Touka.
 Makiri-sensei's life is already at 0...

 Makiri-sensei's lips twitches and she looks shocked.

"... I'll continue to make my patrol. Again, be careful not to overstep your bounds."

 Makiri-sensei tried to turn back the way she had come with an unsteady steps.
 ... And then, we passed each other.
 She secretly whispered in my ear so that only I could hear her.

"It's a festival. Have fun with everyone."

 Then she turned around once and laughed softly.
 After I admired her beautiful smile for a moment.

"... Yes"

 I just nodded with a single word.

 Seeing my reaction, Makiri-sensei smiled with satisfaction, and then disappeared into the crowd――.