Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Summer Festival


 After seeing off Makiri-sensei's back.

“Mou, Yuuji-senpai! You disappeared so suddenly, we were worried about you!?”

 Touka said this to me with a blaming look in her eyes.

"Sorry"

 Toward Touka, who was concerned about me, I apologized honestly.
 Muu, she looked at me with a scary look on her face and then,

"... But, well, it can't be helped if there are so many people. It would be a problem if we were separated again."

 After saying that, with a "Ei", he took my hand.

"This way, we won't be separated any more!"

 Touka intertwines her fingers with mine while smiling.
 The sun was setting and the surroundings were dark, but I could still see her face was red.

 ... Do you want to make me fall in love with you by enduring the embarrassment?
 I'm embarrassed, but impressed.

"... To-Touka-chan, it is unfair!"

 Then, after Kana shouted that, she started to chop repeatedly toward the hand that Touka and I were connecting.

"... It's unbelievable to interrupt a lovers' flirting, isn't it?"

 Touka, looking annoyed, said so to Kana.
 By the way, I'm in a bit of pain too.

"Sorry, Kana."

 When I said that much, Kana looked at me resentfully and then let out a sigh.

"... I got it. I'll be patient today."

 Kana muttered regretfully.
 ... Just knowing she likes me makes my chest hurt.

"... Senpai!"

 Touka looked at me with moist eyes and then squeezed my hand tightly.
 
 ... It was a ridiculous sly.

“Now that we've met up with Yuji, let's go look around the food stalls.”

"Yes, that's right. There is still time before the fireworks."

 Ike and Ryugu, who had been watching our exchange, said this to us.

“Shall we go, senpai!”

 I nodded to Touka, who said cheerfully.




 Then we go and look around the festival.
 
 
“Senpai, I want that!”

"... Do you want this?"

 At Touka's request, I also hit off a mysterious character's strap at a target shooting game. 


“Here, Senpai. Aahn"

"No, I'll eat it myself. It's hot."

 I was almost forced to eat takoyaki bought from a food stall.


“Uwah, how are you doing with that, senpai? Sorry, senpai... Frankly, that's so amazing, on the contrary, it's creepy."

"... Don't say creepy"

 The first Katanuki I did, I completed something with a high degree of difficulty, and Touka was seriously pull back. (Note: is an activity common at Japanese festivals in which a colored mold of candy made of wheat flour, starch, or sugar, is carved using a needle or toothpick in the shape of an animal, star, a cherry blossom, etc.)
 
 
 I was enjoying my first summer festival with my friends.

 ... However.

“Hasaki-san, you look pale, are you all right?”

"Y-Yeah. I'm sorry Ryugu-san. It's okay."

 Kana looked dejected when she saw me and Touka enjoying ourselves together.
 She seemed to be unsteady and wobbly on her feet.

“Senpai, let’s take a look over there next!”

"O-Oh"

 Touka smiled carefree and took me by the hand, and we headed to the next stall together.




 It was some time after that when we went around the stalls.
 I noticed that Kana tends to lag behind us.
 
"... Are you really okay?"

"Y-Yeah. I am fine. ... I'm going to the bathroom."

 Kana tried her best to say so cheerfully.

"Then we'll wait for you around here."

 Kana nodded at Ike's words.
 When I saw her leaving us... I realized.

"I'm going to the bathroom for a minute too."

 After saying that, I let go of Touka's hand.

"... Yes"

 Touka responded somewhat musingly to me.
 With a wry smile on my face, I chased after Kana.




"Kana"

 I approached Kana from behind.
 Kana turned and then smiled weakly.

“What’s wrong, Yuuji-kun? ... Did you want to be alone with me?”

 I responded to her teasing words with a few words.


"Let me see your feet"


 Kana was stunned after hearing my words and then――.












“EEEEEEEEEEEEH!?!”












 She let out a voice of surprise, and her face turned bright red.

"What's up?"

"It's not 'What's up?' ! What's wrong with you, Yuuji-kun? Eh, maybe to me..."

 Then, after gulping and looking with upturned eyes to me, she said.


"Eh, do you want to do ... something naughty?"


 What's she talking about?
 After I thought that, I realized what I had said.

"You got it wrong. You're not used to wearing clogs, are you?"

 I calmly told her that she was misunderstood.
 Then she had a somewhat complicated look on her face,

"Yuuji-kun's an idiot... Pervert."

 She said, her lips pouting.

"No, it's not something naughty, is it? ... That bench over there is just about empty."

 I said this and started to walk toward the bench, when suddenly, Kana leaned over to me.

"What's wrong?"

"... My leg hurts. I want you to help me up, okay?"

 She whispers, looking sad.
 I walk around supporting her body as I was told.
 
"... I like you"

 I heard Kana mutter something like that, but I pretended I didn't hear her and let her sit on the bench as she was.

"Even though you heard me. ...Idiot."

"I hear you. But I'm sorry. I can't give Kana the answer you want."

"I know. ...That's why I said you were an idiot."

 I can only give a wry smile at Kana's wistful words.
 Then I turned my attention to her feet and took off her clogs.

"... Nn"

 Kana gives a seductive moan.

"... Don't let out a strange voice please"

"B-But! ... It tickles."

 Looking embarrassed, Kana retorted.

"... As expected, it's swollen."

 Her toes were red and swollen, as I expected.
 This must be the reason why she had a gloomy expression during the festival.

"Did it hurt?"

 When I asked, Kana nodded silently.

 I silently take out two bandages from my pocket.
 After peeling off the protective layer, I pasted it on the part where the sandal comes in contact with her feet.

"Ready, good."

"... That's right"

 I had brought them because I thought they might be useful if Touka or Kana were wearing clogs.
 I had done quite a bit of research online.

"That's for ... Touka-chan, right?"

"... That's right. Touka was wearing sandals that she was used to, so it didn't have a turn."

 It's not just for Touka's sake, though... I replied.

"... I'm sure Touka-chan didn't want to bother Yuuji-kun like this. ...That part of her is really cute too."

 I am unable to respond to Kana's words.

“I wanted Yuuji-kun to think I was cute, so I forced myself to wear clogs. But if I'm going to cause trouble like this ... it's no good, right."

 I feel a pain in my heart at those lonely words.
 To see Kana, who is gentle enough for liking someone like me, depressed was not ... something I wanted.

"I know I'm not supposed to say this. ... I'm happy that a nice girl like Kana likes me. Besides, we're friends, right? I don't think it bothers me."

 I said this as I made eye contact with Kana, who was sitting on a bench.

"Yuuji-kun..."

 After she let out a sad voice――
 After touching my head and roughly ruffling my hair.
 Gently, she stroked my head.

“Just now, it is a proud declaration of keeping me. It could have been cool after a roundabout way"

 Kana giggles and then whispers in my ear.
 Even if I told her that I didn't mean it that way. I don't think she would believe me.
 So I kept my mouth shut.

“I still can't beat Touka-chan, though. I'll definitely win you over someday."

 She puts her hands on my cheeks and then looks straight at me.

“…Be prepared, Yuuji-kun?”

 Kana said to me even more forcefully than she had declared to me in the past.

 I was fascinated by her for a moment.