Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | I'm Worried | Remake our Life!

Part 15

It wasn't until three days later that I understood the meaning of Shibata's words.

"Drop out...?"

"Yeah, I received a letter a week ago."

I was called into the office and asked about the situation by Kanou-sensei.

A few days before the incident, Shibata had submitted his withdrawal form and had left the university. I was the only one who had asked about him in the last few days, so that's why she called me.

"He lost confidence in his ability to continue his studies... Or it seems, that's his reason"

"……I see"

When I heard about the dropout, my first thought was about Saikawa. I thought it was the result of us pushing him to do so, but in fact, he had left the university much earlier.

I reported Saikawa's case to sensei.

"Maybe he was under a lot of pressure. But still, it's not at all surprising that he stalked a girl and then forcibly confessed to her."

She sighed and put the withdrawal form she was carrying on her desk.

"There is no such thing as a clean quit, whether at school or at work. Most of the time, it's just a bunch of unfinished business and confusion that pulls the strangest things."

It was exactly what had happened this time. I have some sympathy for Shibata, who was forced to quit the university, but that is no reason for him to stalk the new female student.

"Oh, by the way, I got word from Shibata to give to Hashiba... what should you do?"

"From him?"

"Yeah, he came here again yesterday. He said he wanted to apologize to you when things had calmed down. Well, it's up to you whether you do or not."

I decided to ask for his contact information. I really wanted to ask him about the mystery he left behind when he left. There are still a lot of things about this incident that remain vague.

And about what was really going on.