Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | I'm Worried | Remake our Life!


Part 14

A strange meeting was to be held.

At a nearby family restaurant, all the members involved in the case were gathered together.

But what's so strange about this meeting is,

"Shibata Arihiro-kun ... Am I right."

"……That's right"

The culprit, or rather the person who had been so pitifully wounded, was also here.

"Uhm, I went a little overboard. I'm sorry about that."

Saikawa bowed her head a little further away with a look of fear on her face.

"No, well ...... It's my fault"

And this Shibata, though he looked disheveled, did not seem to be having any intentions of fighting anymore.

Nanako, who was watching the whole thing from the closest point of view,

"Minori-chan, did you do something in the past?"

"Well, I did Shorinji Kenpo in elementary school and a little Aikido in middle school. But when I entered competitions, I could only make it to the third round or so, so I decided to go into art."

Needless to say, everyone in the place had an air of " Say it first."

(In the first place, was it really necessary for everyone, including me...?)

I'd like to think that ...... was some kind of trigger for Saikawa. But if this was the way it felt, it didn't seem like the same kind of ending was waiting for them sooner or later.

"Is it true that you've been stalking her and making moves on her?"

Kawasegawa asked in a calm tone.

"……Yeah"

He admitted and sighed heavily.

"I wanted to meet Mii-chan and talk to her. But I got refused, so I just put out my hand. And it caused a fuss, so I thought I'd make some kind of explanation."

So, this is what happened. Well, I don't have much sympathy for him, because he was out of line the moment he actually tried to touch her.

Unusually, Kiryu-san, with a serious face, opened his mouth.

"I don't mean to hurt you any more than you already have. It's just that what you've done has caused her distress. So you're going to have to promise us some things. If you don't want it....... You know that, right?"

Shibata kept his head down, looking brusque,

"……I promise"

That's all he said.

We told him not to approach her again, not to talk to her if he saw her on campus, not to stare at her from a distance, and that if he broke any of these rules, we would immediately take him to the police.

Shibata seemed to have given up completely and went along with what we were saying without hesitation. He meekly signed the memorandum we had prepared and seemed to be relatively sincere, albeit not aggressive, in answering our questions.

It was the first time I had seen his face properly, but Shibata was a young man with a well-developed face, but with a bit of a timid appearance. He didn't look like the type of guy who would grab onto a girl and crush an actress by abusing her.

However, his attitude itself was not very good. It could be said that he was the type of person who changed when he actually went out into the field.

"That's it, I guess. Then you can go home now."

Sugimoto-san said, but Kakihara-san interrupted him.

"No, there's one more thing. I need you to answer this question."

"Kakihara-san, that's"

I was going to say that we have no proof that he did it.

"Sorry, Hashiba-kun. I want to hear this when I can hear it."

Kakihara-san said firmly,

"An actress who was in a film you directed quit the university. I heard that it was due to your excessive directing and verbal abuse, is this true?"

But,

"An actress...? What are you talking about?"

Shibata, who had basically affirmed everything up until now, answered with a face that said he had no idea.

Then Kakihara-san,

"Oi, I won't let you say it's not related at all. I've heard that there were actually threats on site and that the cast suffered!"

He said it angrily, but Shibata still looked puzzled, as if he didn't understand what he was saying.

But after a little while, he seemed to understand what he was talking about.

"Ah... I see, so that girl quit..."

The next moment, he mumbled.

"Hya hya... Haha, hahahaha, I see I see I see! Not a single affirmation! No evaluation! So nothing was done! Unbelievable, hahahahaha!!"

As if he had lost his mind, he burst into a loud laugh. It was a harsh and unpleasant laugh that belied his previous meekness and apathy.

However, rather than laughter that glorifies and denigrates others, I found it empty, as if it was laughing at feelings that were sincerely unimportant.

"What's so funny!"

Kakihara-san, angered, rebuked him,

"Haha, no, I thought that's the way it's supposed to be, and it's really crazy... No, it's really over. Perfectly pushing her, I'm done..."

Shibata's eyes were downcast as he spoke in a whisper. But he kept repeating elusive things that I couldn't understand what he was talking about.

"What are you talking about? What do you mean I'm done?"

I asked, but Shibata's voice was weak,

"We're done talking about this, right? Just let me go."

Shibata stood up and quietly bowed his head.

"I'm really sorry. Also, a memorandum I've written... That's probably going to be meaningless."

For a moment, everyone jolted.

"W-Wait a minute, you mean you wouldn't promise!"

But Shibata gently shook his head,

"That's not what I meant. I'll properly disappear from her sight..."

I didn't know what the words meant, but it didn't seem like he meant to break his promise.

Then he disappeared into the night without saying a word.