Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | I'm Worried | Remake our Life!

Part 13

As Hiyama-san had predicted, Kiryu-san's plan was too sloppy. So Kawasegawa and I formulated a plan, which was then reviewed by Hiyama-san and the other senior members, and only finally got Saikawa's OK before we executed it.

Once it was decided, the talk was quick.

After contacting her part-time job, and also contacting all the store employees just to be sure, she asked them to cooperate on the assumption that she would not cause any trouble for the store.

And on the day of the operation.

Saikawa led me to a strangely lit store, Cafe Bar Moon Rabbits, decorated in pink and yellow. Next to me was Hikawa.

"Welcome... Oh, two people."

"Y-Yes……"

On Saikawa's chest hung a lovely handwritten name tag. I heard that "Miiko" was her alias, but I wondered if she could at least use something that didn't conflict with her real name?

It's a little interesting that she seems to be pretty firm, but in these areas, she's not.

"Uhm, can I take your order?"

We sat down, and she came over to take our order.

With hands that were even more unfamiliar than hers, we looked at the menu list.

"What are we going to do, Hashiba, is this the part where we're supposed to drink cocktails or something?"

"No way. Non-alcoholic, for later. Non-alcoholic, okay."

"...I-I see, that's right."

We both nodded, and almost at the same time, raised our hands lightly and said,

""Oolong tea, please""

"Understood"

Saikawa, a.k.a. Miiko, wrote down the order with awkward hands,

"Well then, have a nice rest, go-goshujin-sama..."

As soon as she said this, her face turned red and she quickly retreated into the store.

We were both a little embarrassed as we watched the scene.

"Hashiba, that's kind of nice, a little"

"Yeah, right..."

As I look at the unnecessarily short skirt, I almost lose sight of my original goal.

Suddenly, I heard a short whispering noise in my ear. It was coming from the earpiece of the radio I had on.

"...Hello, can you hear me?"

It's Kiryu-san's voice.

I lowered my voice and spoke into the microphone on my chest in a low voice.

"Yes, there's some noise, but it's generally not a problem."

"I see, then we will start our operation at 21:00, at the end of the shift as planned, so please get ready, both of you ~"

"All right. I'll hang up for now."

I cut the communication and looked at Hikawa.

Perhaps it was because we were both nervous, fuu, we both took a deep breath.

"I wonder since when we became detectives"

Hikawa said with a chuckle.

"It's totally"

I also laughed lightly.

It seems that my remake process has been adjusted in such a way that it won't work unless there is a strong derailment and its resolution. I don't know who made the route, but I'd like to complain about the excessive inclusion of elements.

However, right after the accident, there was no time to talk about such things.

I looked around the restaurant and saw Saikawa serving the other tables. She seemed to be somewhat nervous, after all.

And,

"There he is"

"He's here"

In a whisper, I confirm with Hikawa and we nod at each other.

I found out that Shibata was in the store.

(Hang in there, Saikawa, and we'll get it all worked out...)

I checked my watch, keeping an eye on the situation in the store. At about the same time, I heard information in my ears.

"Ten minutes to go, it's about time to leave the store."

The call came into my earpiece and we left the store quietly.

"I wish I could have come to the store properly "

Leaving a slightly disgruntled Hikawa behind, I hurried to the meeting point with the others.

"Here it comes. How's the situation?"

To Kiryu-san, who was waiting,

"He was there. I'm sure of it. He's been looking at Saikawa for a long time, and there's a good chance he'll take action."

"Alright. Then let's contact Saikawa-chan... Hello, can you hear me?"

"Ah, yes, I can hear you."

After the part-time job was over, we got a report from Saikawa, who had pulled up to the back room.

"Okay, then, continue acting as we discussed. I'll be in touch!"

After a few moments, I received a call from Hikawa.

"This is Hikawa. He's on the move. I'll go after him."

"All right, let's get everyone in position!"

Perhaps he wanted to say this line so badly, Kiryu-san said with a satisfied look on his face.

This time strategy was simple.

First, Saikawa goes out to work part-time as usual. I and Hikawa sneak in as customers to check if there is a target guy or not. When Saikawa finished her part-time job and left the store, we saw a man following her. When the man tried to contact Saikawa, we ambushed him and seized him...... That's what it was.

We knew that it was a poor strategy, but if it was too complicated, we would not be able to carry it out as amateurs. So, we chose to do what we could with the least amount of movement.

I took a position where I could see the whole thing and watched the developments with Kawasegawa.

"I didn't expect this to escalate into a game of detective."

Kawasegawa murmured in a tiresome tone.

"I'm reluctant to do it too, but it's certainly easier to catch someone in the act."

"Yeah. Well, I wanted to say something to that coward, too."

Her tone was clearly angry.

"I think you understand, we mustn't kick him after seizing him."

"I won't. Although if the other party goes wild, I don't know what I'll do."

... I just hope the other party doesn't do anything.

As we were talking, Saikawa came to the street. She was instructed to walk slowly, and also to choose a dark alley. This would make it easier for the man to talk to her.

And.

"Here he comes...!"

I could see a man following behind Saikawa, about 10 meters behind her.

Clearly, he was slowly closing the distance between himself and Saikawa.

"...The capture team, begin preparations"

I quietly send instructions to the microphone.

The man seemed to be completely unaware of our presence. He seemed to think that Saikawa and himself were the only two people in the scene, and the way he closed the distance between the two of them was crude. He approached her with his footsteps echoing loudly and clearly.

Three meters, two meters to go. The closer he gets, the more tense I feel.

Finally, the distance was less than a meter. The man's hand reached out toward Saikawa.

"Hey, Mii-chan, talk to me once again..."

Placing his hand on her shoulder, the man made the girl in front of him turn around to face him.

In that moment,

"Fuhn!!"

"Guwaa!!"

Something unexpected happened.

As the man put his hand on her shoulder, Saikawa turned around and gave the man a hard slap on the side of the head.

"S-Situation, he's s-slapped!"

Kiryu-san made a comment that made no sense.

However, everyone else was also stunned by the situation.

"It... hurts, what are you doing, Mii... Gya~! Guhe~!"

And the attack didn't stop with the slap.

Saikawa pushed the man away and even gave him a punch in the stomach.

"I have told you, I will..."

Saikawa's voice sounded like it was coming from the depths of hell, and I could hear it through my earphones.

"Next time! If you do it again! I will never forgive you! I told you I'd hit you! So why don't you ever stop! You!!"

"I-It hurts! P-Please forgive me !!"

Saikawa had apparently moved into the mount position, and the sound of blows continued to be heard intermittently. Mixed in with the sounds of pounding flesh, I could hear voices saying, "Forgive me," "I won't come near you anymore," and "Help me".

Kakihara-san, who had been silent in the operation team, finally spoke up,

"What do we do, should we come in and help?"

Almost everyone in the scene responded to the words he said.

"...Which one?"