Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 23, No Comment

 

 One morning.

 While reading a romantic comedy manga in my room and having the heroine dress up as a man for a date is so offensive... Well, it's alright. As I was having these thoughts, I suddenly received a message on my smartphone.

 

 The sender is Ike.

 Open the message from the notification screen.

 

I made a simple album with pictures from the training camp, and if you're free, could you come to school this afternoon?

 

 They were taking pictures and stuff at that time.

 I didn't notice it at all...

 But if there is such a thing, I would love to have it.

 

Yeah, should I head to the student council office?

 

 I was free, so I decided to go to school.

 

 

 And in the afternoon.

 I knocked on the door of the student council office and heard Ike's voice reply, "Yes" from inside.

 I open the door and go inside.

 There were two people in the room, Ike and Tatsumiya.

 

"Yo, Yuuji. I'm sorry for calling you."

 

 Ike says, with a fresh smile.

 I reply shortly.

 

"Oh, don't worry about it. I'm free anyway."

 

"If you're free, Yuuji should ask Touka out on a date. I'm sure she'll be happy."

 

 I meet with Touka regularly during the summer vacation period.

 I feel that it would be a bother if I asked Touka, who seems to be busy with many other things, to hang out with me.

 As expected, I can't tell that to Ike, who thinks she is dating me.

 

"Good day, Tomoki-san"

 

 This time, said Tatsumiya with a stiff smile on her face.

 She may not get to see Touka very often.

 I guess she is jealous.

 

"Oh. ...Are you two alone today?"

 

"Not "today," but rather. There's nothing much to do these days, basically just the two of us. Taketori-senpai and Tanaka-senpai are studying for exams. Suzuki, too, seems to be taking a summer course."

 

"Why are you coming when you have nothing to do?"

 

"I'm working on an album and creating succession materials. Once we start the second semester, we're so busy that we don't get around to it. Tatsumiya and I are working on it together."

 

 I'm shocked by what he said.

 

"Eh? If you're working on succession materials, does that mean Ike won't be running for the next student council?"

 

"...I wonder. I haven't decided yet."

 

 I feel uncomfortable with Ike, who laughs vaguely and deceives...

 

"Then, Tomoki-san. Here is the album."

 

 A smaller-than-usual photo album was handed to me by Tatsumiya.

 

"Thank you"

 

 I thanked her, then opened it and took a quick look at its contents.

 Everyone was laughing happily, but there was one person who always had a grim expression on his face.

 Did something bad happen? So I took a closer look and it was me.

 When I was feeling a little down, I found a picture of Yamamoto-san cooking with a smile on his face.

 I was healed.

 

"Now, that completes Tomoki-san's business. Then, please go home."

 

 While bowing reverently, Tatsumiya opens the door and urges me to go home.

 Did having been alone with Ike and being interrupted really bother you that much?

 When I think so,

 

"Yuuji, have you eaten lunch?"

 

 Ike asked.

 

"No, not yet"

 

"In that case, let's have a light meal together."

 

"Oh, okay."

 

 When I answered Ike's invitation,

 

"Eh!?"

 

 Tatsumiya said that with a panicked look on her face.

 

"What's wrong, Tatsumiya?"

 

"N-No. ...Nothing."

 

 A very depressed expression.

 Perhaps Tatsumiya herself was planning to invite Ike to lunch afterwards.

 I was completely despised by Tatsumiya.

 ...... She's really easy to understand, this girl.

 

"Why don't you join us, Tatsumiya?"

 

 Later, when Ike also asked Tatsumiya...

 

"A-Ara. Kaichou? You would like to have lunch with me. I-It can't be helped, I'm not free, but since it is a good opportunity, I would like to join you."

 

"Ah, no. If you're busy, I won't force you."

 

"I'll be happy to join you."

 

"Oh, I see"

 

 Ike tilts his head as if to say, "I don't understand what's going on".

 Turning her face away from Ike so that he would not see her, Tatsumiya looks satisfied and happy.

 

 ...... What is this, a romantic comedy?

 

 

 

 

 We entered a chain hamburger store near the station.

 After placing our order at the counter, we sat down at a table for four.

 I sat in the back first... and Ike sat next to me.

 And Tatsumiya sits in front of Ike.

 

 I feel Tatsumiya's piercing gaze and I look at her.

 ...... With a look of despair on her face, Tatsumiya looks at me with eyes as if she were looking at an insect.

 Scary.

 

 But Ike didn't pay attention, and after muttering "Itadakimasu," he opened the hamburger wrapper and took a bite.

 I do the same.

 

 After letting out a sigh, Tatsumiya did not say anything in particular.

 

 Then we proceeded to eat while talking about other things.

 

"... What's wrong, Tatsumiya?"

 

 However, in an instant, Tatsumiya fell silent.

 Ike, who was concerned about it, asked.

 

"No. ...Kaichou, you eat so fast, I thought, you must be a man after all."

 

 Tatsumiya says with a bashful expression.

 Indeed, Tatsumiya is only about halfway through her meal, and we have already finished ours.

 By the way, she doesn't seem to be paying attention to me, who is finishing my meal as well.

 

 A maiden in love is blind... romantic comedy?

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Tatsumiya, just eat slowly."

 

"...I will do so."

 

 Tatsumiya smiles and eats slowly.

 

"Oh, Yuuji. You have bread crumbs on your mouth."

 

"Hmm, really? Where?"

 

 I touched my mouth, but it didn't seem to come off.

 

"Left from there ...... Oh, it's the other way around. No, it's faster if I take it."

 

 After saying that, Ike picked up a crumb of bread from my mouth with a flick of his fingertip.

 

"Oh, I got it."

 

 Ike smiled briskly and then wrapped the crumbs in a paper napkin.

 I was unexpectedly surprised by his action.

 

 

 ――Feeling the ominous gaze from Tatsumiya.

 

 

 ...... It's a romantic comedy.

 Can you stop making even a friend character a target?

 

 As I trembled in fear at Ike's actions,

 

"By the way, Yuuji. The upcoming fireworks display. You're planning to go with Touka, right?"

 

 Ike asked suddenly.

 A fireworks display is an annual event held in the city, with a fairly large fireworks display.

 ...... It would be normal for lovers to go together, but would Touka really want to go with me?

 Though I think so, I answer.

 

"I haven't made any promise yet, but I'm going to ask her."

 

"Is that so. Please do it."

 

 I nodded at his words and then looked at Tatsumiya.

 She wanted to say something, but every time she tried to open her mouth, she turned her head down and could not say anything.

 ...... I guess Tatsumiya wants to invite Ike out. It can' t be helped, we already shared lunch together like this, so let's help her out.

 

"Hey, Ike. If you don't mind, why don't Tatsumiya and Ike come with us that day? I'm quite yearning to go to a summer festival with a group of friends."

 

"...Fueh?"

 

 At my words, Tatsumiya muttered, unable to hide her agitation.

 

"I don't mind, but wouldn't Touka be upset?"

 

"Indeed, she might get a little pissed off."

 

 I'm sure Touka might have one or two complaints because I fill up the schedule on my own.

 

"K-Kaichou! I don't have any plans that day, and I'd be happy to take the offer, but what about you, Kaichou?"

 

 The excited Tatsumiya says, staring at Ike with expectant eyes.

 

"I see. I don't have any particular plans either, and if Touka doesn't mind, I'll go."

 

 To Ike's words, Tatsumiya responds with a smile.

 

"Yes, please treat me well."

 

 After saying that, Tatsumiya sip her drink while smiling.

 

"Oh, and Yuuji. I have something serious to discuss with you..."

 

 This time, Ike spoke to me in a serious tone.

 

"Something serious?"

 

"No... Recently, Makiri-sensei seems listless. Tatsumiya would agree with me, right?" 

 

"That's right. ...Today, when she came to the student council office, I handed her the album, and at that time, Makiri-sensei seemed to be depressed."

 

 They say worriedly.

 

"I was a little worried. Yuuji, do you have any idea what's going on?"

 

 I had an idea.

 ...... Maybe it's because you guys are flirting.

 Although I thought so, I was trying to defend Makiri-sensei’s honor,

 

"Hmm, I have no idea at all."

 

 With a blank expression on my face, I made no comment――.

Previous | Table of Contents | Next