Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 22, Student Days


"Tomoki-kun... Could you please just leave for now?"

 In a firm tone of voice, Makiri-sensei said.
 I nodded my head in agreement and headed for the changing room, hoping to escape the situation anyway...

"As usual, there are few people here."

"It's inconvenient"

 I could hear the voices of two elderly men coming from the dressing room.
 I heard basha sound from behind me, and turned around.

 As she hugged her own body with both arms,

"T-There are other men!? ...W-What does this mean !?"

 Makiri-sensei said in a panic.

 ...... If I were to leave the hot spring at this point, I would have to expose the old men the sight of Makiri-sensei without a stitch of clothing.
 When I am thinking so,

"I'm sorry, I'll explain the situation later."

"Eh!?"

 I took a dip in the hot spring and moved to a corner with Makiri-sensei.
 It was moderately difficult to keep Makiri-sensei's naked body out of my sight.
 Then I was back to back with Makiri-sensei, in the hot spring so that I could be her wall.

 Since Makiri-sensei is slender and I have a big figure, I don't think it would be easy to find out...
 I couldn't keep my composure when I thought that Makiri-sensei was right behind me.
 I guess she's worried, too. A few moments passed in silence.

 Then the two old men who had finished washing themselves came to soak in the hot spring.

"Oh, there's a young man here."

 They look to be around 70.
 They still seem to be doing well, but they are talking in a loud voice, as if they are hard of hearing.
 The old man looked at me, but he didn't seem to notice Makiri-sensei.

"……Oi"

 However, the other old man called out to him as if to discourage him from looking at us.
 Perhaps he thought something was suspicious when he saw me?
 When I was so nervous...

"That's a yakuza, no matter how you look at him. Don't call out to him."

"That's right. He has a terrifying appearance."

 Then, without even looking at me, the two of them began chatting and laughing as they soaked in the hot spring.
 I'm probably looking really scary right now because I'm so nervous...
 It made me a little sad, but I had mixed feelings because it would be more helpful if they misunderstood me as such.

"...Could you please start explaining what's going on?"

 From behind me, I heard Makiri-sensei's strong voice.
 The old men seem to be hard of hearing, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem to whisper, so I answered.

"The old man who works here switched the curtain between the men's and women's baths before I got in. I'm sure he thought no one was in the bath."

"What a careless... But the fact that there are other men in here besides Tomoki-kun means it must be true."

 Makiri-sensei said in a voice filled with resignation.

"...No, I knew there was something wrong, because you would never go into a women's hot spring without hesitation."

 I'm glad that Makiri-sensei trusts me, but I'm normally embarrassed.

 …… But still, it's strange.
 These events are supposed to be the role of the main character, Ike.
 It's not a role for me, a side character.
 As I was struggling with these thoughts, Makiri-sensei said to me.

"I've always bothered you. .....In front of students, I have to be a good role model, it's pathetic."

 In a depressed voice, Makiri-sensei muttered.

"This time, it's not your fault. Besides, when you're not drunk, Makiri-sensei is a respectable adult."

"Muh.... What about when I am drunk?"

 Makiri-sensei asks in a slightly grumpy tone of voice.

"No good girl is so cute. ...I guess it's like that"

 I said in a teasing way, trying to hide my embarrassment.
 I thought for sure I was going to be scolded.

"...Tomoki-sensei is mean after all."

 In a calm tone of voice, Makiri-sensei responded.
 Her reaction made my face kind of hot, and I couldn't answer anything.

"...Speaking of which, the other day. You heard about my school days, right?"

 Suddenly, Makiri-sensei said to me.

"You refused and didn't want to talk about it."

"You know what they say about naked interaction. Taking this chance, I thought I might as well talk about it."

 I thought the image was far from the naked interaction I knew and the current situation, but if she wanted to talk about it, I'd like to hear it.

"...I know it's just embarrassing to have to tell you this, though."

 After making that preface, Makiri-sensei continued.

"My mother died quite early. Even so, my father tried his best to raise me with only one man so that I would not be inconvenienced. I'm sure he was worried about me, which is why he sent me to an all-girls school. "

 When I heard Makiri-sensei's words, I didn't know what to say, so I just said a few words.

"Oh, I see."

 Makiri-sensei responded to my words with a "Yes," and then continued.

"I have always known that my father worked very hard for me. So I never disobeyed my father, and I was never selfish. I tried to be a daughter my father would be proud of, and I kept my strictness.... Due to the excessive behavior, my classmates sometimes hated me and I didn't make many friends. That's why I had such a lonely school life."

 That's where the words stop.
 What happened?
 When I think about it...

"Tomoki-kun's back... is very big. It reminds me of how I used to wash my father's back when I was just a little girl."

 Makiri-sensei leans her body against my back.
 My face rapidly heats up at the sensation of skin-to-skin contact.
 Then, in a listless voice, Makiri-sensei continued. 

"To be more gentle. I wanted to be a more wonderful adult..."

 It's been a little over a year since she started working as a teacher.
 Even though it was a force majeure, she was saved by a student and remembered the past.
 Perhaps Makiri-sensei is feeling weak, thinking that she is not becoming the adult she wanted to be.

"Makiri-sensei is strict, but... I think you're becoming a kind and wonderful adult."

 That's why I say that to Makiri-sensei.
 I didn't want her to be worried like that, because I was saved by Makiri-sensei's kindness.

"...You don't have to force yourself to comfort me."

"It's not comforting. Please have confidence in yourself. ... When you don't get drunk, Makiri-sensei is a kind and nice adult, no doubt about it."

"I knew you were mean."

 In a somewhat sulky tone of voice, Makiri-sensei continued.

"But it gives me confidence when Tomoki-kun says so. Thank you."

 In a different, calmer voice than before, Makiri-sensei said.

"... I'd love to hear your story someday."

"There's nothing interesting about it, though."

 Before I knew it, the two old men were out of the bath.
 Realizing this, we decided to go up quickly before anyone else came.




"Are, Makiri-sensei? I didn't know you were here, what a coincidence!"

 I went back to the room with the ping-pong table in the form of a chance meeting with Makiri-sensei, who had managed to escape from the men's bath without incident.
 Kana said in surprise, and the rest of the group looked at Makiri-sensei.

"Yes, I was surprised when I ran into Tomoki-kun after taking a bath."

 Makiri-sensei answers calmly.

"If it is okay with you, would you like to play ping-pong with me, Sensei?"

 When Ike said that, Makiri-sensei shook her head and then said.

"No, I'm going home now, you all shouldn't be too late either."

 Then she walked briskly away.

"I knew Makiri-sensei were strict. She was super pretty, and she was so hot after her bath."

 After confirming that Makiri-sensei was gone, Asakura said.

"...But it's surprising that she comes to a hot spring alone on her days off, isn't it? I wonder if Makiri-sensei ever goes out with her boyfriend? Ah, even if she has a boyfriend, does she still think it's important to have private time. She is so mature!"

 Touka turned to me and said so.
 I was about to make a retort to the assumption that Makiri-sensei had a boyfriend, but I restrained myself.
 Indeed, if she is that beautiful and well-behaved, it is natural for people to assume that she has a boyfriend.
 In fact, I thought so too ...

"Don't tell her that, she'll be upset."

 I said that to Touka,

"What are you talking about, senpai...?"

 Sure enough, Touka gave me a glance like, "Are you okay?" ――.