Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | I'm Worried | Remake our Life!


Part 5

Aside from the circle's maid cafe, Kakihara-san's story gave me a lot to think about.

I wondered how much despair I would have to feel to quit the university I had worked so hard to get into. Needless to say, Tsurayuki made that choice. I was the one who created the reason for his despair. I wonder what kind of despair the actor's girl who quit was confronted with by that director.

The more I thought about it, the more I felt a space slowly expanding in my heart. Even if I have sworn that I will never forget something, if it is always there, I cannot bear the weight of it.

"I need to go home and clear my head... Hmm?"

Just before the main entrance to the school, going down university slope.

Just about ten meters away, a familiar face passed by.

"Hashiba! What's the matter? You're looking at a hill and lost in thought! Did someone dump you?"

Bashin, I was slapped on the back. There's only one person in this school who engages me like this.

"Hikawa, are you on your way home?"

"Oh, that's right! I've got to go somewhere today!"

Hikawa Genkirou was full of energy as usual. It seems that he and a senior member of his circle of erotic women have finally gotten to the point where they can go out to eat, and he seems to have a lot of energy to add to his usual tension.

"Oh, right! Why don't Hashiba join me for a bit?"

"Where?"

"It's a place called Moon Rabbits in front of the station! It just opened in April, and I've been meaning to go there, but haven't been able to yet."

Moon Rabbits, huh? He~e, maybe it's a restaurant or something.

"Great, I was kind of feeling like a drink today, let's go."

"Oh, Hashiba's an adult now! Then it's settled!"

"W-Wait, don't pull!"

Hikawa grabbed me by the shoulders and forced me to continue down the hill.

Kishi Station on the Kintetsu Nagano Line, the nearest station to the University of the Arts, is a typical local train station. Most of the passengers are art college students and not many locals.

Because it was such a station, there were not many stores on the street in front of the station. There was only a traditional supermarket called Sun Plan, a hair salon, a small bookstore, a real estate agency, a convenience store, and a few other standard stores.

That's why the news of a new store opening in front of the station was quite a big deal for the art students. If there was a restaurant where they could eat a lot of food, the gymnasts would be happy, and if it was a playground, bookstore, or game store, the cultural students would immediately check it out.

So the news that Hikawa brought was originally pleasing.

"I'm sorry, I don't want it after all. Hikawa can go alone."

"Oi, why do you refuse to come all the way here! Hashiba said you'd go too, so I was reassured!"

I was rapidly losing interest in going to the store, a complete change from the positive situation I was in earlier.

"What's wrong with that? First-time customers get a three percent discount, there's a wide selection of Japanese, Chinese, and Western food on the menu, alcohol is served, and the staff is all young and cute, and the customer service is perfect!"

Hikawa was still trying to pull me towards the store. Although I was powerless, I resisted,

"Oh, that's the best, because that's a maid cafe!"

Right. The newly opened store that Hikawa was referring to was a maid cafe.

"It doesn't matter! There are maid cafes in the countryside nowadays!"

"Yes, but it's not a normal restaurant! I mean, look at that picture!"

A picture of the clerk is displayed in the store. There was a full-body shot of her in her uniform,

"This mini skirt maid looks like one of those stores!"

The maid's outfit, which was probably too revealing, oozed an atmosphere that would be age-restrictive if a mistake was made.

"...Well, I guess you could say that!"

Finally, the Hikawa has reopened. Well, I don't think there is any part of him that can excuse himself.

I don't have to say anything bad about these stores. As long as it's not against the law, there's no need to say anything bad about it. However, I was still uncomfortable with the idea of our newly turned third-year going there.

You can go to these things when you're older, when you're not interacting with young girls at all...

Suddenly, my 29-year-old mind kicked in,

"That's why I'm not going after all"

I made a clear statement of intent.

However, Hikawa still persisted.

"Why not? Kiryu-san at your place has an annual pass!"

That person is really shrewd when it comes to things like that!

"Don't lump me in with Kiryu-san, the one usually comes to this kind of place is..."

"A customer that" when I was about to say that, I looked to the side of the store.

On the side of a five-story building, next to the elevator hall, there is a little narrow alley. There I found two people engaged in some kind of loud argument.

"What are they doing?"

Someone was arguing with a maid who looked exactly like the picture. The other person's identity was unknown to me, but I guessed he was a man because of his height.

"There's something strange going on there."

Hikawa also seemed to sense an unusual atmosphere.

It was already dimly lit. I couldn't see their faces or see what they were doing, but I could hear their voices. Many of the voices were disturbing, such as "Stay away from me" and "Why don't you understand?"

And,

"Kya~, please stop it !!"

In a silhouette floating in the darkness, I saw a man grab a girl's hand.

"Hikawa!"

"Ou!"

As if we had an agreement, we were running. We ran straight towards the two of them,

"Oi! What are you doing!"

Shouting loudly, Hikawa pushed the man away.

"Kuh...!"

The man fell back under the tackle of the Hikawa and ran off straight into the alley.

"Wait!"

Hikawa chases the man,

"Hashiba, take care of the girl!"

"Understood!"

As it was, he ran off toward the alley.

"Are you okay? Are you hur..."

It was there that I finally saw the girl in the maid's uniform.

She was sitting down, and because of her short skirt, I could see her pure white thighs and what was behind them. Normally, I would have been more nervous there, or looked away, but,

"Ah, AAH, AAAH"

At that moment, I couldn't take my eyes off her in a different way.

"Eh, EEH, EEEH"

She, too, froze completely as she looked at me.

The sound of the train running beside us sounded awfully quiet. Finally, the two of us called each other's names just as the clanging of the crossing alarms ended.

"Saikawa?!"

"Hashiba-senpai?!"

The mini-skirt maid who was sitting there was Saikawa Minori, the version without glasses.