Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

7. Friends

 

"Is it...... no?"

 

 I remained silent, and Hasaki anxiously asked me.

 But I'm not quick to respond.

 

 What kind of relationship did Hasaki and Touka have?

 According to Touka, "We were close until about the time before that person graduated from elementary school."

 I was wondering how Hasaki perceived it.

 

"Were the two of you getting along well beforehand?"

 

 At my words, Hasaki nodded with a nostalgic look on her face.

 

"Yes. Our houses are near each other, so we used to play together a lot. Of course, Haruma and I have always been good friends, but I think Touka-chan and I were especially close because we were both girls. I loved her like a little sister, and Touka-chan even called me Kana-oneechan at one point!"

 

 Kana-oneechan.

 That foul-mouthed and cheeky Touka had such a time, too?

 Maybe it's because I have a poor imagination, but I couldn't visualize it at all.

 

"... And that was before I went to middle school."

 

 The gentle expression she had on her face earlier was gone, and Hasaki looked lonely.

 

 Anyway, Touka also said they used to be on good terms.

 Perhaps there is no mistake in what Hasaki said.

 

"...Was there something that triggered you two having a falling out?"

 

 It seemed that Hasaki could not answer my words right away.

 I waited a while before she opened her mouth.

 

"I think there was. ...But that's probably. I don't think it's right if I tell Tomoki-kun."

 

"I see. Then I won't ask."

 

"...Yeah, thank you."

 

 Weakly, Hasaki laughed.

 With what Hasaki just came to mind. The trigger that Touka mentioned is probably the same one, considering the time of year.

 

"Just let me ask you one thing. You know the cause of the rift, but have you ever tried to make it up?"

 

"There were a few times I tried to make up with her. I even had Haruma mediate between us, but... it didn't work. Haruma and Touka-chan, they didn't talk much, so it was not unexpected. ...I didn't really know what to say, either. "

 

 This messy relationship is said to be complicated.

 

 I want to do something about it, but I don't know what to do.

 With such thoughts in mind, a few years passed without Hasaki being able to enter into a rapprochement.

 …… However, things changed when Touka entered high school.

 

 Right, that's my existence.

 Even if it was impossible for Ike to intervene, it would be a different story if Touka's lover intervened.

 Is that what she thinks?

 

 But it's too bad, Hasaki.

 Even though I'm a lover... I'm a fake lover.

 

 I am confident that we have established a relationship of trust to some extent, but I am still not confident that she has placed her full trust in me.

 So, I am sure things will not go so well as Hasaki thinks.

 

 …… But.

 It wasn't completely without a chance of winning.

 

"I understand, Hasaki. I'll cooperate."

 

 I, a few days ago.

 had also heard from Touka about her relationship with Hasaki.

 

 The lonely look on Touka's face at that time――.

 Maybe she's just like Hasaki.

 

 The truth is, she may want to make up for it.

 

 Perhaps this is an unnecessary help for Touka. 

 Even so, if they can make up.

 If the two of them could return to the relationship that was like a sisterhood.

 

 I'd like to lend them that unnecessary help.

 I hope I never have to see that lonely look on her face again...

 

"R-Really!?"

 

 Hasaki said, with a happy expression on her face.

 

"Yeah, I'm not lying"

 

 I nodded and then continued.

 

"I want Touka to keep smiling."

 

 A gorgeous smile is much more appropriate for her than a lonely smile.

 I told her that I thought so, and Hasaki looked somewhat shocked at my words.

 

"...What's wrong?"

 

 She smiled awkwardly and then,

 

"No, saying something suspicious. ...That's my thought."

 

 She said, turning her gaze to her feet.

 

 ...... You're being quite merciless.

 As I thought, she hates me, doesn't she?

 

 Paradoxically, Touka is too well-liked to use people she doesn't like to make up for it.

 

"Well, now. I guess we are friends now. Pleased to be your friend, Tomoki-kun."

 

"Oh, best regards"

 

 When I responded, Hasaki suddenly held out her smartphone to me.

 

"……Hmm?"

 

 I look down at her smartphone with the Messages app open, but ...... what does this girl want?

 

"Hmm, not! Let's exchange contact information! I have a lot of things I want to talk to you about!"

 

"So that's how it is. I get it."

 

 I took out my smartphone, too, and we exchanged contact information.

 Incidentally, this was the first time I had received contact information for a girl in my class.

 

"...Hmm, I'll contact you again, so don't ignore me and reply, okay?"

 

 However.

 When I see Hasaki clutching her smartphone with a pained expression on her face, I cannot honestly rejoice.

 

 ―― Do you really hate contacting me so much that you have such depressed expressions on your face?

 

 I'm lightly shocked, but I respond.

 

"Yeah, I'll reply when you contact me properly."

 

"Yeah, please treat me well."

 

 At my words, Hasaki said with a somewhat relieved expression on her face. 

 

 

 

 ――Thus, this is how I and Hasaki became friends with a shared purpose.

Previous | Table of Contents | Next