Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

6, Confession?

 

 And lunch break.

 

 I was about to head to the back of the gym, just like the letter said...

 

"Yuuji!"

 

 Ike, called out to me.

 What's wrong, I thought, and stopped.

 

 Ike walked up to me and gave me a somewhat apologetic look before,

 

"I think it will be all right, but just in case. If you get into trouble... you'll have to contact me right away."

 

 He said.

 

"Oh, yes, I will "

 

 I think he is worried about me.

 I'm happy with that consideration.

 

"Well, I'll go then "

 

 I said that and then turned away,

 

"Yeah"

 

 Ike's powerful words reached my ears.

 

 

"I'm sorry I called you suddenly."

 

 When I arrived at the back of the gymnasium, Hasaki Kana was waiting for me.

 

 She said this with a more serious expression on her face than ever before, and I nodded silently, urging her on.

 

 ...... But.

 

 She never said anything more.

 The thoughtful expression on her face made me wonder for a moment if she might confess to me ...... but I quickly dismissed it as a foolish fantasy.

 

 The silence that lasted for a while was broken by――

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry! ...Please start out as a friend!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 With a determined look on her face, Hasaki said.

 

 

 

 I was so surprised that I couldn't hide my agitation.

 

 I was surprised that the person who called me was Hasaki.

 And the reason for the call was to say no to me, which I hadn't even confessed, because it was unexpected or ...... in a word, it didn't make sense.

 

"……Ha?"

 

 I was stunned and said a word.

 Then, as if frightened, Hasaki's eyelids went down.

 

"...Hasaki"

 

"Y-Yes..."

 

 I call out to her, and she responds without energy.

 I ask her directly.

 

"Why did I get dumped by Hasaki just now?"

 

 Hasaki heard my words,

 

"Eh?"

 

 She muttered and tilted her head.

 

"Ha?"

 

 I didn't know what that response meant, and I grunted low, too.

 

 As we were both tilting our heads, looking at each other in a state of mutual lack of explanation...... Hasaki began to mumble in a whisper.

 

"Dumped? ... Eh? He means me to Tomoki-kun? I just wanted to apologize for all that I have done and ask you to start over again as a friend...."

 

 Then, as if realizing something, she had a surprised expression, and then,

 

"...Eh, are? Maybe I'm, just now... Eh, EEH!? Lie!?"

 

 She was more flustered than I had ever seen her before.

 

"Uhm... Hasaki?"

 

"It's wrong, you get wrong idea! I didn't mean it in that way when I apologized, but I've been treating Tomoki-kun badly, haven't I? So, I tried to apologize for that, and... And! Anyway, I'm not the kind of self-conscious person who would dump a boy without a confession!"

 

 The half-crying Hasaki sobbed.

 Not that I was dumped?

 No, even so...

 

"Did Hasaki have anything to apologize to me for?"

 

 Why she was apologizing to me at this point in time was confusing to me.

 

"N-No. Etto... I was pretty rude to pry into your relationship with Touka-chan, prodding you, and then running away right away, right?"

 

"Oh, that's what you mean."

 

 She glared at me and made unreasonable demands on me and Touka, and I guess she felt bad about it.

 

"So what does it mean when you say "Please start out as a friend"?"

 

"Uh, etto... It's, as the words says"

 

 As if terribly frightened, Hasaki said.

 

"Why would you want to be friends with me? I don't understand that either."

 

 When I asked, Hasaki made her gaze swim unnaturally.

 This reaction, maybe she is thinking of some excuse for.

 

"I really have always wanted to be your friend..."

 

"No, that's a lie, right. You often glare at me with a red face, and I have noticed it. Hasaki doesn't think well of me, right?"

 

 When I pointed out that, her face turned bright red.

 Perhaps being hit on the bull's-eye, she was embarrassed. 

 

"Eh, e~eh!? You notice!? ... I mean! I wasn't glaring! ...Maybe I had a bright red face, though."

 

 Hasaki said it bashfully.

 

"Then why were you looking at me?"

 

"That is... that"

 

 Hasaki is at a loss.

 However, after thinking for a few seconds, Hasaki tells me, as if in desperation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I wasn't glaring at you! When I was looking at a handsome boy like Tomoki-kun... I was just getting embarrassed!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 ... I couldn't hide my surprise in those words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 ...... She is a bad liar, or rather.

 It's too messy!

 

 There is no way that Hasaki, who usually enjoys spending time with Ike, the pinnacle of the handsome world, would be embarrassed to see a villainous face like mine.

 

 Why is this girl suddenly trying to flatter me...?

 

 

 After thinking about it, one possibility came to mind.

 

 What are the benefits for Hasaki to get involved with me?

 ...... Probably that's the value of using me as "Touka's lover".

 

 I look at Hasaki, who is glancing at me.

 Perhaps she is now wondering if her lie has been exposed or not.

 ...... I ask her without bothering to retort.

 

"Hey, Hasaki. Did you apologize to Touka before you apologized to me?"

 

 In my words, Hasaki had an awkward expression on her face.

 And with her gaze downcast...

 

"Touka-chan has been avoiding me a lot. I can't talk to her at all..."

 

 She laughed weakly, as if to mock herself.

 

 

 ――I see, I knew it.

 The reason why Hasaki came in contact with me.

 I felt like I understood that.

 

 

 That she apologized for everything she had done and asked me to be her friend.

 She even told a lame lie to forcefully flatter me, which she didn't like very much.

 

 

 I guess these are all just a way for her to use me to achieve a certain goal.

 

 

"Does Hasaki want to apologize to Touka as well?"

 

 To my question, she slowly and silently nodded her head.

 

 As I thought.

 The purpose of her contact with me.

 

 

 That ―― must be to make up with Ike Touka, I guess.

 

 

"Ah! That's right!"

 

 

 There, Hasaki clapped her hands as if she had just had an idea.

 Then she continues her words.

 

 

"If only Tomoki-kun is okay with it, though――"

 

 

 The school idol and childhood friend of Ike Haruma, the protagonist of this world, is Hasaki Kana.

 

 With an innocent and cute front face.

 She has a strong and calculating side――.

 

 

"If you become my friend and help me make things right with Touka-chan....... I would be very happy."

 

 

 

 She put on a cheerful expression and told me with a upward glance.

 

Previous | Table of Contents | Next