Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | I'm Worried | Remake our Life!


Part 4

Kakihara-san is enrolled in the Dance Course in the Department of Performing Arts.

The department here is known for having some of the most unusual classes in the University of Arts. As the name of the department implies, if the classes are dance, the assignments are dance, and once you enter, you will spend your days dancing.

So Kakihara-san sometimes dances in the club room of the art club, and it's peculiar for him to suddenly start dancing and then vomit at the New Year's party... but I guess you could say it's unique to the dance course.

In addition to the dance course, the Department of Performing Arts has two other courses: the stage design course, which trains students in stage design and production, and the acting and direction course. In the Acting and Directing course, students learn about acting, and naturally, they work as actors.

Only the students in this course had some interaction with the Department of Visual Arts. When it comes to where actors can work, it is either on stage or in dramas. This naturally leads to a connection with students in the Department of Visual Arts who are looking for actors to appear in their films.

And.

This was where the incident with the quitting student came from.

"I'll get straight to the point. Is there a student named Shibata in your class?"

As soon as we arrived at the Spade, Kakihara-san asked me with a serious look on his face.

"......Yes, there is"

Kakihara-san is a serious person. He usually acts like he's having a good time and hangs out with seniors like Kiryu, but at the root of it all, he's the type of person who takes his duty and humanity seriously, and while he cares for Sugimoto-san, who is one year younger than him, like a younger brother, he lashes out when things get unreasonable. He was very angry at the school festival last year, and even after the festival was over, I heard that he personally shouted at the office of the singer who cancelled the event and made him apologize to the people involved.

It was sort of natural that Kakihara-san acted with considerable anger in relation to a case involving a certain new student in the acting and directing course.

"She had a promising future."

The name is Matsunaga Rui.

From the beginning of last year's entrance, she quickly made a name for herself and was talked about as one of the great first-year students. She had good instincts, and also showed an insatiable interest in other things besides acting, and had been interacting with seniors from other courses. That's where he also met Kakihara-san.

"She was curious and interested in everything. She was an interesting junior."

She was also interested in a recruitment notice put out by a film student. She volunteered to play the lead role in a team called the Kuroda Team.

"She was so excited about it. In fact, I was shown the movie and it was good. And yet..."

Not long after, she quit college. I heard that the teachers were very reluctant to let her go, so I guess she really was a talented girl.

"Rumor has it that it was the director of the movie that drove her to quit school. I wanted to at least complain to him about what he'd done."

"But you know", Kakihara-san said, cutting the conversation short,

"But the film belongs to the director. Of course, there will be some conflict, and if she breaks down and quits because of that, she won't last long, to begin with. I know that."

It's not uncommon to hear of conflicts between directors and actors in any group. In fact, it is only when the director and actors come to blows with each other that the film can be seen as a work of art.

"But that girl... Matsunaga was not that weak. No matter how many times her performance was broken, she could always stand up to it. That's why I just can't believe it."

Kakihara-san thought that the actress, Matsunaga, must have had some trouble with something other than acting. He also thought that the director, Shibata, was partly responsible for that.

"Therefore, there is something I want Hashiba-kun to cooperate with."

"What do you mean...?"

"I heard that this director Shibata rarely attends classes now. That's why I couldn't find him even when I was staking out the department."

Of course, the circumstances were different, but Kakihara-san was doing something similar to what I did in the art department.......

"So I thought it would be easier to get information from you, since you're in the same department and in the same class. I'm not asking you to bring him with you, but if you find out anything about him, please let me know."

For a moment, I wondered if I should take it lightly, since it involved personal information, but Kakihara-san was a trustworthy person, and it wasn't like he was going to hit him out of the blue.

He wants to know what happened. I know exactly how he felt, and if I had been in the same situation, I think I would have acted similarly to Kakihara-san.

Then I decided,

"Got it, I'll let you know when I know something."

Kakihara-san finally smiled and said,

"Thank you, Hashiba-kun is dependable and I can rely on you."

Relieved, he poured the rest of the Coke down his throat in one gulp.

(Dependable... huh?)

Of course, I think Kakihara-san meant what he said. However, I received that comment with a bittersweet feeling.

Kakihara-san was also able to interact with Tsurayuki during the school festival.

I remember praising him, saying he was a good guy, a sincere guy and he liked him. I wonder if Kakihara-san will still trust me when he finds out that I'm the one who pushed that guy over the edge.

This one, although close to me, is not directly related to me. But the more I talked about it, the more I felt as if I was being tested.

Previous | Table of Contents | Next