19. About Kai Rekka


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Paypal to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you

I start Volume 3 of Yuujin-chara no Ore ga Motemakuru Wakenaidarou [WN] on Patreon. Please, consider becoming a Patron.


"What?"

 I turned my gaze to Kai.
 I was expecting him to avert his gaze, but he continues to stare at me.

"...Why is senpai here?"

 Kai asked me again.
 ......He has good guts.
 No, not in a bad meaning.

 Whenever my eyes met people, they would avert their gaze and keep apologizing. And then I hear them talking bad about me behind my back.
 Even though he was being overtly hostile, the fact that he was coming at me head on made it easier for me.

 I was about to answer Kai's question,

"My brother asked me to help him, and Yuuji-senpai is helping me too~! He's a kind boyfriend, right~ ♡"

 Touka said before I could even open my mouth.

"Haa? Touka is helping? Why would you do that..."

"I don't know~. I was just asked~ by my brother. Well then, Kai-kun. We have work to do~."

 Touka then pulled my arm and walked out into the hallway.
 Kai comes up behind me and calls out to Touka.

"Ah, wait a minute, Touka!"

"Bye bye, see you tomorrow"

 Touka said, and the two of us walked down the hallway toward the printing room.
 I turned around, but Kai didn't seem to be chasing us.
 However, he just kept staring at me.

"Ah~, It’s annoying, noisy"

 Touka said disgustingly.

"... Is that so? Isn't he a good young man with a strong heart?"

"Senior, are you really saying that?"

 She asks with a dumbfounded expression.

"Of course.... half."

"Half is strange enough, isn't it?"

 Yare Yare, Touka said while cowering her shoulders.

"... I didn't expect you'd lie to help me. Thank you."

 I thanked her.
 Touka is helping the student council with their work, not because Ike asked her to. It's like she got involved with me.
 Despite this, she didn't turn a blind eye to the fact that I was tangled up and helped me out.

"...I don’t mind it, something like thanks or anything, I just said it because he was annoying."

"I see. Still, thank you."

 Touka was silent at my words.
 Is she embarrassed?
 Or did she really have no intention of helping me, and was it just a personal grudge?
 I couldn't tell by looking at her expression.

"By the way, the guy just now is in your class, right? What kind of guy is he?"

 In response to my question to change the subject, Touka smiles mischievously.

"I know. Is that right away? To call him behind the gymnasium, or you want to hear about him so you can make a plan? Or do you want to hear about his family structure and grasp his weaknesses?"

"What do you really think I am..."

 I responded to Touka's words in a reluctant manner.

"It's a joke, half of it"

 Even half is strange enough...

"He is Kai Rekka, the class president of the first-year class. He is a fresh, handsome, and popular boy who treats everyone equally. Rumor has it that in the two weeks since he entered the school, he has already received confessions from three girls. Moreover, his entrance exam results are also at the top level. That's amazing~ "

"There's a guy next to me who's even better than that popular boy."

"Oh no, senpai! You're always trying to seduce me like that! I know it's wrong that I'm too cute, but? Please think about the timing a little more ♡"

 Touka looked at my dumbfounded face and then gave me a boring expression.

"In addition, he is said to be the ace of the soccer club in the first grade, and he has a high level of communication. It seems that the people around him already recognize him as the top of the first-year caste."

"Hee, it's like Ike in the first year"

 Good-looking, Athletics. Moreover, he is well-liked.
 It wasn't as far out there as Ike's, but still, I thought it was a big deal.

"... Correct, he is like a degraded version of that shit brother."

"...That's a harsh assessment."

"I think that's a fair assessment, though."

 Touka let out a bored sigh.

"Even so, why he was suddenly glaring at me? I don't remember being resented... by new students"

"Isn't he falling in love with me and resenting senpai?"

"It's typical of Touka to say it herself, but it's most likely true."

 I said, and Touka gave me a strange look before saying.

"...I'm sorry for being popular, senpai."

"It's an amazing apology."

 Rather, can this be called an apology?

"... Wouldn't it make you feel insecure as a lover, senpai, if I were popular?"

"You’re right, it's a matter of my personal safety. I'm concerned about that."

"I didn't expect it~, but the reaction is a little irritating~."

"Oh, as a lover here, should I have said, 'I get jealous when Touka is being popular?'"

"That's right! If you talk about something like this when someone else is there, please answer it properly! However, actually told by a strong senpai... It's really creeping me out~."

 Kyaha ♡ Touka smiles happily.
 This guy really has a good personality, doesn't she...... Not in a good way.

"Well, it's okay to leave that thing alone. He doesn't have the guts to actually do anything anyway."

"...Yes, maybe."

 I replied to Touka's words.
 Certainly, the probability of him using force would be low.
 But... I couldn't believe he couldn't do anything about it, as I met that angry gaze head-on.

 While we were talking, we arrived at the printing room.
 I put the basket with the past papers on the desk once.

 Touka compared the paper with the instructions with the contents of the past questions.

"... By the way. What was last year's study session like?"

"I don't know because I didn't participate."

"It was a stupid question."

 Don't say it a stupid question, it hurts...
 Touka smiles at me with a dainty smile on her face as I am inwardly depressed.

"Well then. Even though we’re on the management side this year, I'm still able to participate. I hope it will be fun."

"... Fun is so much better than boring, right."

 When Touka heard my uninteresting reply while taking out a bundle of past papers from the basket, she smiled gently again.