9. School Canteen


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu


 Then, lunch break.
 I put away my textbooks and pen in my desk drawer and stood up.

 I'm planning to have lunch with Touka today, but by the way, we hadn't decided where to eat.
 I was about to send a message,

"Yuuji! How about lunch together?"

 Ike, smiling cheerfully, called out to me.
 Until now, I couldn't refuse Ike's invitation.

 However, this time there is a prior engagement.
 That's when I tried to decline ...

"Ah, Yuuji Senpai! Let's have lunch together?"

 From the hallway, a cheerful and cute voice called out me.
 You don't need to turn around to know it's Touka.

"... Sorry, that's why I'm going to eat lunch with Touka." 

 Ike looked at me and Touka alternately, then smiled.

"Hmm, I guess that's it.... it is youth, right, you guys! Don't worry about me, just go!"

 After being seen off by Ike, I lined up with Touka.
 At that time, I thought I saw a resentful look from Hasaki, mixed in with the gazes of many of the classmates, but I probably wasn't imagining it.

" I want to buy some bread. Shall we go to the canteen?" 

"Yeah"

 In response to Touka's question, we start walking down the hallway.
 A few moments after we left the classroom,

"... I felt like she was really glaring at me."

 She grumbled dissatisfied. 

"Do you mean Hasaki?"

"Yeah, did senpai notice that too? Was there something she didn't like about it??" 

"She is worried because she heard that you have become my girlfriend, right? Hasaki and Touka have known each other since you were little." 

 In my words, Touka had a terrible expression on her face then say.

"Even if you say I know her, I've barely spoken to her since I started middle school, though." 

"……Is that so?"

"That's right. So even if she is worried about me now, it doesn't make sense."

 “I really wonder what it was,” Touka says, tilting her head as she puts her fingertips to her lips.

『Even if Touka don't know the reason, but for Hasaki, she was probably worried about her childhood friend's sister』

 That’s what I think,

"Geh, there are so many people ..."

 I didn't say anything because Touka was so distracted by the sight of people gathering to buy lunch that she couldn't even think about it anymore.

"Oh no, if I, a weak girl, go into the crowd like that, the lunch break will be over by the time I can buy bread." 

 Suddenly, Touka points to the crowd and says with a playful voice.

"So, what?"

"I want to eat mixed sandwiches ♡"

 She said with Kyaha ☆ and an annoying smile on her face. I wonder if that means I should go buy one. ...... I suppose so.

"... Is it just mixed sandwiches?"

"Eh, you're seriously going? It was a joke, right? I feel guilty that I'm using senpai as a lackey."

 This woman isn't guilty at all as she makes me hold coins. 

"I'm used to it, so I'd better get it done quickly and alone.... take a look." 

 Leaving Touka who is tilting her head toward my words, I head into the crowd.
 And the wall of flesh blocked my way...

"What !!!! ??!?!? To, To To To To-Tomoki-kun !!?!? Hey, you guys, open the way!"

 A male student at the end of the line calls out to the guys in front of him after noticing me.

"Eh! Tomoki-kun !! ??"
"Seriously... get out of the way, you'll get killed!"
"Hi, hii! Please help me!"

 After saying whatever they wanted, such as "I'm sorry," the path was easily opened in front of me...... I don't like it when this happens, so I usually try to come to the canteen as late as possible.
I feel like I'm intruding, and it hurts my conscience. I decided to buy bread at the convenience store next time, and continued on my way.

 I'm sorry, but I don't think they're going to listen to anything I will say here.
 In my experience, the best thing to do is getting things done quickly.

"What?"

 An unfriendly canteen Oba-chan asks.

"Yakisoba bread, croquette bread, anpan and mixed sandwich, please."

"It's 550 yen"

 I hand over a few coins to the unfriendly aunt.
 In exchange, she handed me a bag of bread and said, "Come again."
 After that, I turned back and joined Touka.

"Moses? Is it? I remember the episode where he split the sea to make a road."

 “It's so convenient,” Touka muttered carefreely.

"Ah, thank you for buying the bread. You saved me a lot of trouble!"

 Touka took a bag from me and thanked me.

 I thought she was egoist person, but I was taken aback by her honest expression of gratitude.