Chapter 1 We Make Games


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Paypal to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you.



Part 6

    As soon as we returned to the share house, we installed the equipment.

    It was mainly Nanako's music equipment, but the work went smoothly. However, Nanako's face looked a little pale as she realized that the equipment was more serious than she had expected.

    After setting up, Keiko-san said something unexpected in front of everyone in the living room.

    "Eeh~... what did you say just now?"

    "Hmm? Is it the talk of H* scene? Of course not. If you don't include it, you won't sell." (*Read ecchi, not hentai)

    Keiko-san said simply, as if she were a distributor.

    "Is there going to be an ecchi scene?"

    I'm not sure if Shinoaki understood the whole thing or not, but she reacted.

    "Ec... chi, scene...?"

    "Seriously...?"

    Nanako and Tsurayuki looked at each other in surprise and confusion.

    Certainly, in those days, it seemed natural to include such scenes in doujin novels. It was a time when it was a status thing to publish a doujin game with sex and voices, just like a commercial game. Considering this, Keiko-san's words are quite natural, but...

    However, if someone suddenly said such a thing to me when I was not tolerant, I could not help but react in this way.

    "Kyoya, come here!"

    Suddenly, Tsurayuki grabbed me by the arm.

    "Whoa~, Tsurayuki, what's wrong?"

    As I was pulled along, I was forcibly taken to the second floor.

    When we reached the top of the stairs, I was whispered.

    "Well, you know, if you put in a scene like that... that would mean that I'm going to write that kind of scene, right?"

    "U-un... I guess so."

    "Guwa~, I can't believe it, can I write it!"

    Tsurayuki suddenly held his head and began to suffer.

    "What's the matter with you, Tsurayuki, it's not like you don't have experience with such thin..."

    I was about to say something, when I finally realized what I was saying.

    "Don’t tell me, Tsurayuki..."

    Tsurayuki didn't make eye contact with me at all and said,

    "...I don't have"

    I knew right away what it was. I couldn't do anything outrageous like checking what was going on here.

    "Seriously..."

    No, I didn't have either when I was first this age.

    "That's why I'm worried that if I write those scenes, they'll come off as fake."

    I know. I understand it all too well. In fact, I've seen a lot of writers who really suffered from it.

    "Don't worry, there are samples, you can write based on them, and I'll check your work properly."

    I managed to try to convince and reassure him.

    "Is that so... I understand."

    For the time being, Tsurayuki nodded as he was convinced.

    But I didn't think he was the one. He was good-looking in a normal way, and he didn't look like the type of guy who wouldn't be popular with girls.

    For the time being, the important meeting between the two men was over, so we both came back downstairs.

    "Hmm? Did you finish your emergency meeting?"

    "Yes, for the time being..."

    "……Ah maa"

    It was over, but it seemed like there would be more to come.

    "As I'm sure you've heard from Kyoya-kun, we're going to make a 1,500 yen game and distribute it at the Doujinshi convention and the shop. If you're going to do this, you have to make something smart, and I'm sure the director will take a good look at it, so don't worry ~ "

    Keiko-san gave a general talk and explanation of the program and specification aspects.

    I wondered if it would be okay to cram so much in at once, but time was limited this time. I decided to add what everyone did not understand later.

    "Do your very best ~"

    When she was done talking, Keiko-san waved her hand and left as usual.

***

    After a quick clean up, we moved on to the planning meeting.

    "Okay, let's start a meeting about the contents..."

    I was about to say something when Nanako grabbed the hem of my clothes.

    "You know, Kyoya..."

    Nanako shyly cuts her words there,

    "I've never played a game like that before..."

    "Does that mean the Bishojou Game we were talking about earlier?"

    Nanako nodded her head.

    "Ah, so you want to try it out? I have one right now."

    "Eh, I am going to do that now?"

    "It's just a touch. Just a touch, so you can get a feel for it."

    "U-un……"

    It's better to know about these things as soon as possible.

    "Do you want to do it on my laptop? You can do it here."

    "I-I won't! I'll do it alone!"

    It seemed embarrassing in front of everyone, and it was rejected.

    So, I give Nanako a very normal school girl game.

    "Uuh... So, these cute girls do that kind of thing..."

    She made a comment that made me feel a little guilty when she said it.

    "Such a scene will appear in about 30 minutes, so let's try it for the time being."

    Everyone waits in the living room, and only Nanako goes back to her room with the game.

    And.

    "WAAA ——!"

    When she returned exactly half an hour later, Nanako's face was bright red and she started slapping me on the back.

    "Ow, i-it hurts! It hurts, Nanako, what's wrong?"

    When I asked, Nanako's face was shaking,

    "W-w-w-what the hell is that! I thought a cute girl came out, but then she did something like t-that and said something outrageous!! I was surprised and embarrassed! Mo-Mou!"

    "What the heck happened..."

    Tsurayuki, who had been watching the situation, also looks uneasy.

    "T-that's still on the soft side! The amazing ones do even more amazing things!"
   
    "What's more amazing...?"

    I gave her a whisper and told her something somewhat harder.

    "KYA~AA!"

    Nanako hit my back again.

    "It-it hurts, it hurts!"

    "How dare you say s-such a thing, Kyoya's idiot, a pervert! What are you thinking!!"

    Nanako just said what she had to say and ran off to her room.

    "Hey, Nanako! We'll have a meeting, a meeting!"

    "I can't do it right now! I have to cool my head a little before I can do it!"

    There is one surprisingly innocent gal who is blushed bright red from head to toe.

    "Haa~a... Seriously... Ero, huh... How do I write that..."

    One man sighed and held his head.

    "I don't know what it is, but it looks like fun ~"

    There is one girl who enjoys the situation, feeling like she doesn't really know what she's doing.

    "This is... yeah, it's quite amazing."

    It was going to be a heavy production environment, in a different way from what I had experienced before.