Chapter 1 We Make Games



Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you


Part 5

    And that afternoon. This time I took the train to the center of Osaka.

    "The Yodobushi Camera* has opened in Umeda, but the electronics district is still alive and well."
(*Electronics Shop)

    I was accompanying Keiko-san to get the necessary equipment for the production.

    "So, Hashiba-kun, do you come to Ponbashi* often?"
(* is well-known for shopping specializing in electronics, and otaku fan-base equipment such as anime, manga, and similar collectibles. It is similar to the Akihabara district in Tokyo, which is both an electronics shopping center)

    "I don't come very often. But people like Hikawa seem to come here a lot."

    "That boy with the huge body. If he likes bishojou games, he'll come~"

    Hihihi, Keiko-san walks happily down the street. She said it without hesitation, but with her appearance, she would not be able to enter a store with an age limit.

    "Even so, you've bought quite a lot..."

    In the paper bag, I held in both hands was a desktop machine, music equipment, and sequencing software. Since Nanako was the only one who didn't have any music equipment, I bought it along with some detailed equipment to make a doujin game.

    "Well, you need to make an initial investment. Considering Nanako's talent, I want to buy her the proper equipment."

    As Keiko-san said. If the creator is serious about the project, there's nothing bad about good equipment. Especially this time, since they are expected to play a full role right from the start.

    "I didn't expect it to be a school story. I thought it was going to be some kind of horror story." 

    "Is it too ordinary...?"

    "No, it's a better choice considering the time frame and conditions. Did you take that into consideration when you decided on this?"

    Of course, it was.

    Of course, I wanted to make a game that would appeal to a wide range of people, but more than that, I also took into account the fact that it was a game from this era.

    In 2006, the crying game boom in the doujin game industry was over, and games of various genres were being released. However, the major trend of making "what you want to make" remained unchanged, and the lineup was still creator-driven.

    It is precisely because of such times that I decided to make this project because I thought that…… if I released a game that was properly packaged and had the key points that would become a selling point in the future as a doujin, I should be able to expect solid sales.

    "Does everyone agree with that?"

    After listening to my story, Keiko-san interrupted me.

    "Yes, they're all convinced we should go with that."

    "Well, if they are okay with it, that's good."

    Now we have to decide what kind of game we want to play. This will be decided at the meeting today.

    "Hmm...? What's that"

    Suddenly, Keiko-san stopped and looked toward the intersection.

    "What happened... Waa."

    Looking in the same direction, I couldn't help but astonished.

    From Ota Road, just in the direction of the central street.

    There was a large black car parked there.

    It was supposed to be a luxury car, something like a Bontley or something like that, where 10 million is not enough. However, it was not the car that surprised me. (TL: Bentley Parody)

    “………”

    A girl came down from there.

    She was wearing a white hat and a white dress. Her short, bobbed hair was beautifully coiffed, and her face was clearly beautiful, even though it was hidden by the hat.

    "...It's a beautiful person, isn’t she."

    "You’re right, she doesn't suit in Ponbashi. Did she come to Takashimaya*?"
(*is a major department store in Japan located in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Nagoya)

    Certainly, if it's a department store across the street would suit this girl.

    However, this girl was clearly looking at this unsuitable electric town.

    When I looked, I saw that the people around me seemed to be observing this beautiful girl in the same way.

    The next moment I wondered what her purpose was.

    "Morooka-san"

    The girl called out the person's name briefly.

    "Ha"

    Perhaps about two meters from the car, a giant man came down and bowed respectfully to the girl.

    "It looks like he's not here."

    "I deeply apologize, I had heard that he might be in this area... but it seems that it was a false alarm."

    "No problem. Let's go directly to the house. I'll go back to the hotel and then we'll go."

    "Ha"

    After a brief exchange of words, the girl quickly got into the car and left as if nothing had happened.

    Somehow, both Keiko-san and I saw the car off until it disappeared.

    "It's been a long time since I've seen such a straightforward young lady."

    Keiko-san nodded as if she had seen something unusual.

    "I wonder what it was. It looks like she was looking for someone."

    "I don’t know, maybe the otaku pimp in the house run away?"

    That would be a very shameful reason for a young lady in a good place, that's for sure.

    "Well, it's none of our business. Go home, go home."

    "Y-yes"

    I hurriedly chased Keiko-san, who quickly walked to the entrance of the subway.