18. Impressed




Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu


Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you


Then, after school the following week.

 

"Yuuji, please help me from today, I am counting on you."

 

"Oh"

 

 As I had promised Ike, I was going to start helping out in the Student Council today.

 The two of us leave the classroom side by side, but we pass by Hasaki on the way.

 

 When my eyes met hers, she had a surprised expression on her face.

 She then turned away and walked quickly out of the classroom.

 It's been like this since the other day.

 ......It seems that has become much more hated.

 

"Ah... don't worry about it. It's not that Kana is angry or that she hates Yuuji."

 

 Did it appear on my face?

 Ike immediately called out to me.

 

"I see, thanks for the follow."

 

"...Well, well. That's fine"

 

 Ike laughed and said, as if in trouble.

 Then we made our way to the student council room.

 

 

"Tanaka-senpai, you're already here. Oh, Suzuki too."

 

 And when I arrived at the student council room, there were already two people, a boy and a girl there.

 

"Yuuji, this is Tanaka, our secretary, and Suzuki, our classmate in charge of accounting."

 

 Ike introduced them to me.

 

"This is the first time we've said hello, isn't it? Thank you for always helping me with the chores of the student council. I'm Tanaka, third year."

 

 Tanaka, a boy with glasses who looks like a nice guy, smiles at me.

 

"I should have thanked you sooner, but I haven't had a chance to do so. I'm Suzuki, in the same grade as you. Nice to meet you."

 

 Suzuki, a quiet-looking girl, also smiled at me.

 

"Eh, A, ah.... Nice to meet you."

 

 I couldn't hide my upset.

 They had heard a lot of bad news and rumors, but these two were smiling at me.

 

 I wonder what it means and look at Ike.

 Then he smiled with satisfaction.

 

"Yes, Suzuki. Is Taketori-senpai here yet?"

 

"Yes, she's helping Makiri-sensei. Isn't she in the staff room?"

 

"I see. Well then, I'll go to the staff room for a while."

 

 With that, Ike turned to leave the student council room.

 

"Wait a minute, Ike"

 

 I stop Ike.

 If I'm left like this, I'm not sure I'm going to stay sane, okay?

 

"Don't worry. Tanaka-senpai will explain the job to you. Besides..."

 

 Ike continued after a smile appeared on his face.

 

"All the student council members are on Yuuji's side."

 

 Ike said and then mercilessly walked out of the student council room.

 

 ...... My side.

 That's what he said, but it doesn't ring a bell.

 Until now, there had been no one other than Ike and Makiri-sensei to say so.

 

"As Ike-kun said, rest assured. We know that Tomoki-kun has always been diligent in helping the student council, so we won't be afraid of you for nothing."

 

"Yeah, as Senior Tanaka said. However, your face is scary, so I may be scared until I get used to it, but please forgive me."

 

 They said that to me.

 A fearless attitude.

 

 ...I was impressed by it.

 It made me happy.

 At this point, I realized that this was probably the reason why Ike had been making me help with the student council work.

 

 After all, Ike cannot be matched.

 

"...Yeah"

 

 I wanted to convey the joy of being accepted, but I couldn't put it into words.

 I gave a boring reply.

 

"...Then I'd like to explain the job you'll be helping me with."

 

 When Tanaka-san opened his mouth.

 

"Hello~, excuse me~!"

 

 Touka came into the student council room with a cheerful voice.

 After looking over the three of us in the student organization room, Touka

 

"...Hare~e!? Senpai is having a normal conversation with someone other than my brother? Ha, could it be! You are not... senpai!?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

 I replied at Touka's astonished expression.

 

"Right, there is no other high school boy with such a scary face except Yuuji-senpai, isn't there "

 

 Tehe, Touka sticks out her tongue.

 It's too rude, oi.

 

 Tanaka-san, who was watching the exchange between Touka and me, said while looking at her.

 

"Ah, you're Ike-kun's younger sister. Nice to meet you, I'm Tanaka, a third year student. I've heard a lot about you. I heard that you got the best score in this year's entrance exam. As expected of Ike-kun's sister. "

 

"I think it would be reassuring if Ike-kun’s sister could help too. I'm Suzuki, second year. It's nice to meet you."

 

 They both greeted Touka with the same smile they had for me.

 

 Touka, on the other hand, was smiling on the surface as she said, "Aha, it's nice to meet you," but her eyes were not smiling.

 

"Ah, by the way, what do I have to do to help?"

 

 Touka immediately starts talking.

 In response to her question, Tanaka-san gives an explanation.

 

"I would like Tomoki-kun and Ike-san to help me with a simple chore. Go to the printing room and make copies of the past tests and have them stapled to each subject."

 

"Is that all~? That sounds easy~."

 

"...Even though it's a volunteer project, there are nearly 200 participants and we have to copy the last three years' worth of five subjects. I think it's much harder than you think."

 

 Suzuki replies, averting her gaze.

 

"It's okay! Even if it's tough, I have a senior I can rely on. Right~, senpai?"

 

 Touka looked at me with a smile on her face.

 This guy definitely going to force me to do this...

 

"You’re right, if you have Tomoki, he's reliable. Well then, can you go to the printing room and make a copy? Only the replies of the 1-1 class participants have not come in, so we don't have a confirmed number yet, but please go ahead and print them. "

 

"Eh, isn't the 1-1 class our class? As I recall, the attendance itself has already been collected?"

 

"That's right. I've told the class reps of each class that it's due today, so it should be here soon. I'll go tell the printing room right away when they're submitted."

 

"Yes, I understand~! So, which are the past questions to copy?"

 

 When she asked, "Oh, I'm sorry. Please give me a copy of this," a decent amount of paper in the basket was handed to me.

 

"So, here's a summary of how to use the copier and the number of participants in each class."

 

 Suzuki handed a sheet of paper to Touka and said.

 

"I don't think it's going to be done today or tomorrow, so don't be too hasty."

 

 Touka and I nodded at Tanaka-san's words.

 

"Then, let's go right away~!"

 

 Touka said to the two of them.

 I also gave a bow and then tried to leave the student council room...

 

"Excuse me.... Are? Touka. Why are you in the Student Council Room?"

 

 A fresh, handsome male student pulled open the door and appeared.

 

"Oh, it's Kai-kun! I have a little errand. ...... I mean, I heard that our class was the last to submit attendance for the study group! Isn't that a dereliction of duty for a class rep? "

 

"My bad, I'll be careful in the future."

 

 Apparently, he was the class rep of Touka's class.

 By the way, listening to the conversation earlier and now, Touka really is hiding her real personality except when she's talking to me and Ike.

 It's quiet, affectionate.

 

"I'm sorry it took so long to get this to you "

 

 The male student called Kai looked away from Touka, apologized a few words, and then handed the attendance sheet to Tanaka-san.

 The appearance of how he apologizing is also refreshing.

 Tanaka-san replied, "Don't worry, you are not late."

 

 Kai looked relieved, and then turned his gaze to me for the first time.

 That fresh smile instantly fell away.

 

"Tomoki... Sen, Pai.... Why are you here?"

 

 Kai was muttering this in a dark tone of voice.

 That look that I always get, that look of fear and disgust.

 ……It’s not.

 

 Kai looked at me with a strong anger in his eyes.


<< Previous Table of Content Next >>