8. Big Brother and Childhood Friend



Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu


 The next day, when I arrived at school as usual and entered the classroom, it felt different and uncomfortable.
 As I entered the classroom, all eyes were on me.
 Up until now, their gazes have been filled with fear and disgust, but today, there were also many curious glances.

 As usual, though, when I turn to look at them who are curious to see me, they quickly look away.

"Yo, good morning, Yuuji"

"Ossu"

 Ike casually greeted me as I took my seat.
 It was the same as usual...

"Go, go, go-good morning, Tomoki-kun!"

 The one who greeted me while behaving suspiciously and stuttering, was Hasaki Kana.
 ......Since I promoted to 2 grade, this may be the first time that I've been spoken to a classmate other than Ike in the classroom

"Oh ... what's up, today?"

 I ask both of them that question.
 Maybe Hasaki is scared of me, she keeps her eyes swimming and doesn't answer at all.
 After seeing such Hasaki and Ike smiled then,

" I want to hear about what happened with Touka. That's what Kana wants too.". 

 He said.

 I see, Ike and Hasaki are childhood friends.
 This means that maybe Hasaki thinks of Touka as her own little sister.

 Because she found out that her little sister had become lovers with the disreputable me, I guess it can’t help that she was worried.

"Yeah, I'll explain it properly. After HomeRoom, we will talk in a place where is no one else around."

 It will be the start time soon. 
 It is impossible to finish the explanation in time.

"All right.... Is that okay for Hasaki?"

 In response to Ike's question, Hasaki silently nods her head as hard as she could.
 Even though you're scared as hell of me, but you're probably holding in your fear for Touka's sake.
 I saw Hasaki and thought that she was a good guy, and when our gazes meet, her face turned red and looked down, then hid behind Ike.

 ...... I was a little depressed in the morning, wondering if I looked so scary.


 Then, after HomeRoom was over, I, Ike, and Hasaki were moving to an emergency staircase where there were usually no people.

"When I asked Touka, she didn't answer anything. I'm sorry, but let me confirm a few things .... How long have you two been dating?"

 Ike asked me straight to the point.
 Hasaki, who was already in place behind Ike, nodded repeatedly.

"... Yesterday's lunch break, I was called by Touka and then she confessed. Then we started dating."

 I answered honestly.
 Touka seems to have decided to remain silent, but I'm sure it'll be fine as long as I don't tell them that we're fake lovers.

"Yesterday was the day after you met, right? So... after going out with her, what do you think? Why did Yuuji go out with Touka? You don't know much about her personality, right."

...... As Ike says, I don't know much about her.
And yet, I knew her personality I didn't want to know.

For now, let's just say I like the good parts of her.
Let's see, her good points, her good points...

"... Isn't she cute?"

 At my answer, Ike and Hasaki had a blatantly disappointed look.
 In particular, Hasaki seemed to have a hint of anger on her face.

"If so! ... To, To To-Tomoki-kun is! okay if she is c-cute? It means it doesn't have to be Touka-chan... anyone is okay?"

 She jumped out from behind Ike and suddenly shouted so loudly, so I was startled and stared at Hasaki.
 Then, while her shoulder is shaking as if she was frightened, she said it loud.

 She wondered if I was dating just by looking at her face, even though I didn't like her. 
 That's what she asked me.
 Ike was waiting for my answer as well.

 I don't have any romantic feelings for Touka.
 If you want to know whether I like her or not... well, I don't dislike her.
 Also…….

"Not anyone is fine, because she wasn't scared just by looking at me .... I like that part of her."

 I said something that was too sad for me
 At my words, Hasaki bit her teeth in frustration.
 And to my surprise ... she had tears in the corners of her eyes.

"I ... I am also!"

 Hasaki's expression was determined.
 However, Ike interrupted her to continue.

"Kana ... Don't say any more right now."

 His eyes were calm, and Hasaki was at a loss for words.

"Uh ... Haruma is BAKA!!!!"

 After saying that, Hasaki left this place and returned to the classroom.
 Ike was staring at her back with gentle eyes.

 ...... I somehow understood what Hasaki wanted to say.


 Without a doubt, Hasaki also likes Touka.


 However, she couldn't believe it and couldn't forgive me because I decided to go out with Touka for such a stupid reason.

 I really think Hasaki is a good person.


"Sorry, Ike. It saved me."

 To be honest, I was relieved not to have to face Hasaki's accusations

"...? What are you talking about?"

 Ike says with a dumbfounded expression
 I guess he's trying not to make a favor.
 After all, he's a good guy, too, no question about it.

"... Anyway, I'm relieved if she is with Yuuji. I was a little worried because I thought Touka was forcing you to go out with her, but I'm glad it didn't seem like that." 

 Ike's words almost made my mouth twitch.
 I became her fake lover by my own will, but it was certainly true that I had been forced to become her lover.

"O, oh"

 Ike, hearing my reply, nodded in satisfaction and then said.

"Touka may be a bit cheeky, but she's a good girl at heart. So please take care of her."

 Ike says, tapping me on the shoulder.
 I feel a little complicated.
 Perhaps Touka wants Ike to be jealous rather than being congratulated

 But I can't say that from my mouth.

"... Oh, leave it to me"

 I replied with a weak smile, which was unlike me.