Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Side Story 3 (END)

"Young Master, I was wrong. I beg you."

Did Ophelia kill her parents? But why?

Henrietta knelt in front of me who was sitting by the window, watching the falling snow. Henrietta cried, saying that Ophelia was a wizard and it seemed Ophelia had absorbed Henrietta's magic power.

Henrietta kept begging, if she couldn't step down from her position as a maid then she wanted to ask for a vacation. She sucks. Why did she ask me that? Right now, her master is Ophelia, not me.

"I-I can't bear to tell you. No, no, I'm scared......"

"How scary is that?"

I asked with a bored expression while placing my chin on my hand. I've seen Henrietta frightened of Ophelia several times, to the point where I thought that Henrietta's attitude was exaggerating, but… ...I don't know the specific reason.

"That, so... ...Oops!"

"Don't whine! Just say it."

Henrietta blurted out that I didn't know what was in her heart, then she left the room. I, who was suddenly criticized, laughed at her absurdity.

Then, I looked up with a sharp gaze.

Ophelia is a wizard?

I got up from the couch and walked around the room for a while. Perhaps Ophelia was the one who melted the spokes of the carriage wheels and melted down the keyhole of the Duke's Office.

But why? Why did she kill her own mother?

I'm depressed. Because I already realized my feelings for her.

Whenever I see Ophelia, I feel that my heart is pounding so hard that I feel like crying. When she rolls her eyes I feel like I want to beg her to keep seeing her, and when she's around me I get excited, I even imagine something embarrassing, something that can't be talked about.

I absentmindedly glanced at the window, full of confusion. Then, Ophelia's presence caught my attention, she was walking among the dry and snow-covered tree branches.

She lifted her head as if feeling my gaze, she looked at me. Our gazes overlapped, and I took a deep breath.

"......"

Ophelia smiled wide enough for me to see her dimples. It was then, she opened her lips and called out to me.

The sun not only shines on Ophelia, but she is the only beauty in this world. Her face flushed with cold. I stepped back, hastily away from the window.

"......"

I raised the back of my hand and covered my mouth. I can't even control my own facial muscles. I've never felt this feeling before, but I know for sure. I fell in love with Ophelia.

The moment I realized that I went crazy. Now, it's no problem. In fact, Ophelia was involved in the horse carriage incident. Even if Ophelia was the one who melted the spokes of the wheels.

……Even, that Ophelia was the murderer who killed my father.

Is that really a big problem? We are indifferent rich people, we don't care about each other. So it's only natural that Ophelia who smiles in my eyes is more important than my father who died.

I was the only one who suspected that Ophelia was the killer. Even if it's true, I can cover it up. I have the power for that.

Several months later, Henrietta came and confessed her sins. "Young Master, you are wrong. It was I who killed the Duke. So punish me. Report me. Put me in jail. And watch me while I'm hanged!"

I laugh it off. Since I already knew who the real culprit was, I kicked Henrietta out of my room.

Lately, I've been very busy. Even I don't have enough time to deal with this problem. Ophelia repeatedly emphasized that my Coming of Age Ceremony was approaching.

Step by step, she prepared to leave this Duke's Manor. I also reasoned that maybe she would meet wild beasts typical of the North on her journey.

"After I leave here, you will never see me again," she muttered.

Every time she said that my mood dropped sharply.

Without realizing it, I became anxious and nervous. I bit my lip until it bled.

Why do you keep trying to leave? What is wrong? Aren't you happy to be here?

At times, I coaxed her and told her life in the North wasn't so bad. Ophelia doesn't like long winters, but she likes to sit in front of a burning fire with a blanket and read a book.

But actually, I was thinking different things. I couldn't sleep well at night and that thought bothered me all the time. How can I keep her here? Should I lock her up?

My deepest desire makes me want to do that, but Ophelia is a powerful wizard. She could easily melt down the cuffs and disappear without any regrets.

All I could do was hold her ankles, cry, and say, "Please don't go! I'm scared, scared to be alone. I want to be with you."

Perhaps, that way, she would falter again. Ophelia likes my crying.

I contemplate how to catch Ophelia, in a day I think about it dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of times. Claude, an investigator, comes to visit and destroys our peaceful everyday life without any interruption.

When Claude mentioned the incident 3 years ago, I became very sensitive. All of that should have passed in peace! You fu#king basta*d!

How to get him out of here? Or, if need be, I can kill Claude and disguise it as an accident.

But Ophelia doesn't know anything about my feelings and thoughts. Ophelia sat in the living room and chatted, she even laughed along with Claude. What's so good about it!? I was so angry that I almost lost my mind.

Does jealousy really hurt like this? I held Ophelia's hand and cried. By doing this, Ophelia's attention will again belong to me completely. For a moment, I felt relieved.

Now that I think about it, Claude's (Cain) existence isn't that bad. Thanks to that person, Ophelia read my diary, and she became aware of my feelings for her, and for the first time, I had the courage to kiss her……

***

I smiled slowly and carefully, I touched Ophelia's eyelashes who were still sleeping soundly. She flinched and frowned, but she didn't open her eyes.

After all this time, we even skipped meals and continued making love for 2 days and 2 nights. I allowed Ophelia to curse at me, only then did I let her go.

Her welled-up tears and her voice as she called me “Basta*d!”, then Ophelia covered her face in embarrassment. Then, I couldn't hide my joy anymore, and Ophelia turned her back on me. Then, she fell asleep as if she had fainted.

"Ah, you are so cute."

I just woke up from a short nap and gave her an arm pillow. I was afraid she would get annoyed, I thought it was cute to sleep with the covers pulled up over her neck.

I tugged my arm carefully, lest Ophelia gets distracted and wake up. Then I took the pillow that was slung over the end of the bed and put it under her head.

I got up. I put on my navy blue robe roughly, tie the rope around my waist, and go out into the corridor. One of the maids passing by in this corridor approached me and asked if there was anything I needed while bowing her head.

After a long time, I felt so happy, the corners of my lips curled up.

"Call a maid. Her name is... ...Becky?"

Ophelia tried not to show it, but she was a very jealous person.

To the point that I can't memorize a girl's name other than her name.

Because of that, even though Ophelia didn't know it, I deliberately kept my voice down and acted as if I couldn't remember anyone else's name. Because I can't rule out all the possibilities that exist.

"Did you summon me, Sir?"

Becky is a maid who has freckles, has short, brown hair, and she is one of the maids working in the room of the Fake Investigator, Cain. She looked surprised, a lowly servant was summoned by her young and handsome Master, a person she could only see from afar.

"Yes."

I looked at her and smiled. Becky blushed and lowered her head.

"Are you familiar with Henrietta?"

"Em... No. Even she said, she doesn't want to talk to anyone else. So she doesn't share a room with other maids."

Becky grumbled and criticized Henrietta, but she quickly covered her mouth as if she had just realized Henrietta was dead.

"I like it more and more."

I wet my dry lips with my tongue. Becky just blinked, not knowing what to do. And then I said,

"Becky, I hope you will stay here for a long time. This Manor needs you."

"Yes......"

I turned and grabbed the doorknob. Becky nodded in amazement. After promising Becky a raise, I told her to leave, then I returned to my room.

Now Becky will continue to be loyal to me like a dog. Just like Henrietta.

It is very important to prepare witnesses in advance. I did urge the investigators to swear an oath of blood, but I didn't completely trust them.

No scandal is more exciting than the murder of the former Duke and Duchess Arpad. It was quiet now, but one day, there might be rumors that would come and go from someone's mouth.

I want to deal with that possibility with certainty, no matter how small the possibility is. All that for a peaceful everyday life with Ophelia.

Sitting by the bed, I looked at Ophelia who still had her eyes closed. She barely made any breathing sounds, it worried me about the possibility that she would collapse like this.

Slowly, I lowered my head and placed my lips on hers. Luckily, there was a faint sound of breathing escaping and wetting my lips. Then I sighed and felt relieved

"......Yes."

Ophelia opened her eyes as if she sensed my presence. As if she was still tired, her half-closed blue eyes looked up at me.

"Good morning, Ophelia."

Even though we only separated for a few minutes, it felt like we had not seen each other for a long time. I knelt on the floor and kissed her lips again. Ophelia chuckled.

"Morning? Really?"

"No. Actually, it's almost time for dinner."

"Huh, what?"

Ophelia raised her upper body, holding the blanket covering her body. Frankly, I gave her a sad look, and she opened her mouth and said,

"Provisionally, I will use another room. I don't think my body will be able to take it anymore."

"I do not like it."

"No one asked your opinion."

Ophelia rolled her eyes. I chuckled and pretended to be annoyed. Ophelia ignores me.

"I am hungry."

"......Are you really going to use another room?"

"Do you want to go to the dining room?"

"Is it true?"

"......"

I cover my mouth. Ophelia, who felt confused, raised her head. I looked at her as if angry with her.

"Okay then, do it in moderation."

"......Too many?"

I, who had been holding back tears, finally cried. My shoulders were exposed because the robe was loose.

Do you think seeing a man crying in such an ambiguous situation, and that man naked, is stupid? I can't believe it. Ophelia shook her head.

"Fine. I'm not going to say that, so stop crying."

"Wicked......"

I rushed into Ophelia's arms like a large dog oblivious to its size. I rubbed my face against her shoulder. Ophelia couldn't stand the tickling feeling and burst out laughing.

My movements, which were almost like whimpers, gradually became more intimate. I pressed my lips against her neck and let out a hot breath. "Oh... Start again." Ophelia muttered while tilting her head to the side.

Again, our night began as it was getting late.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?