Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Side Story 2

The next day, I called Ophelia. Honestly, I know that last night she came downstairs, and today I plan to leave her alone.

"That girl is picky. She didn't get down on time."

Adrian, who was scheduled to leave today, said that he was about to leave only after seeing Ophelia's face, he sat down at the other corner of the dining table.

I rubbed my temples, showing displeasure. But Adrian didn't understand what I meant.

"She is my Big Sister. Please don't use such rude words."

"Ah, I was wrong. Haha!"

Adrian held out a cigar and apologized. I didn't want to see his face or smoke with him, so I waved him away. We both waited for Ophelia for a long time in the dining area.

"Really a woman who plays hard-to-get." Adrian's muttering grew louder.

I suppressed my annoyance and stood up. I smiled bitterly and told him that I would pick up Ophelia.

"I don't know if it won't be too much for the next Duke to do that."

Adrian stated his intention that he should just go upstairs. But I have no intention of entrusting Ophelia to him.

I managed to get Ophelia into the dining room, despite the slight disturbance upstairs. Adrian, who had eaten first, spoke with all the food still in his mouth.

As soon as he saw Ophelia, he said that he would change his schedule plans. When he, openly displayed his dirty desire to possess Ophelia, somehow, subconsciously, I gritted my teeth.

I thought it would be good if this intruder was taken care of immediately and chased away.

Somehow I heard Adrian's words that tried to lower Ophelia's pride. I found myself getting more and more annoyed. I was going to let him go quietly, but I guess now I can't.

"Count Lasis, why did I find Arpad's Annual Income Book in your room?"

I smiled viciously, baring my fangs. I don't want to use Henrietta as an ear, but I have to.

As expected, Adrian couldn't hide his embarrassment. He made a surprised face and shook his head. Even though he immediately said he was innocent in a hurry, I still don't take it as an excuse.

Now that the horse carriage had been taken back, Adrian had to descend to the village directly like that. Adrian quickly tried to save the carriage as best he could, he even wiped his drooping mustache.

Adrian, who was very proud of his title as a noble, now he would feel very embarrassed. I noticed the moments when Adrian was dragged away.

Then, once his figure disappeared, I asked Ophelia who had a happy expression on her face.

"Tell me. Why did you do that?"

Once again, Ophelia dodged. I also said that I have some of her silver hair in the Duke's Office.

"Impossible."

She bit her lower lip, holding back a laugh. For a moment, I felt the urge to reach out my hand and pull Ophelia into my arms.

"How do I get into the Duke's Office? And aren't you the only one with the key?"

I was almost fooled by her calm tone. Somehow, I seemed to be able to believe Ophelia's words, even if the words were something like 'the chicken gives birth, not lays the egg.'

Without exaggerating, why did her words seem quite convincing? I kept falling in love with her magic, I even licked my own tongue as if criticizing myself.

"Alex."

Ophelia smiled brightly. She treated me warmly for the first time. I wanted so badly to chew on her cheek to calm my pounding heart.

"Alex, is it true that my hair is falling out there?"

Gently, once again, she called out my nickname. I'm not sure anymore. Did her hair really fall on the floor of the Duke's Office?

Of course yes. Certain! Wasn't I the one who picked up this cobweb-like hair?

But, as soon as she spoke, I denied my own memories. If I do that, I think Ophelia will smile brightly once more. So I said, "Is that so?"

"Why are you connecting me to this?" Ophelia asked while looking at me.

As soon as I met her blue eyes, I felt that my whole body was getting hot. Just a look and a glance at her makes me excited.

She wanted me to suspect a third party. The one who found the Annual Income Book in Adrian's room and the first to notice that the door of the Duke's Office was open.

Since Ophelia wanted it, I summoned Henrietta. When Henrietta came after receiving the summons, she immediately drew closer to me as if hoping to receive praise.

Of course, there is some truth in Ophelia's opinion. There was a possibility that Henrietta had framed her on purpose.

The day Ophelia first came to the Duke's Mansion, Henrietta was constantly hanging around me. Trying to get my attention, maybe she sensed a crisis.

What's more, Henrietta tried to win Ophelia's heart, eventually, she became Ophelia's personal maid. What if Henrietta deliberately tries to misbehave with Ophelia in a childish way?

I'm getting more and more confused. Who should I believe?

No. I can't trust anyone.

That's what I concluded after Ophelia and Henrietta left this room.

Ophelia said that she was used to being framed. That was why she was enjoying this atmosphere so much.

I became more and more convinced of that fact. After time passed, Ophelia and Henrietta became close as if they were good friends.

They were so close that anyone who didn't know would believe they were sisters. However, I, who has a sensitive side, can tell just by looking at it.

Their relationship was a perfect master-slave relationship.

Henrietta, who always smiled as if she had lost her heart, lost her smile at some point. The bottom of her eyes was dark, she was like a frightened rabbit, she could be startled by a small sound and immediately squealed.

Ophelia brushed Henrietta's hair aside with her gentle hand. Every time Ophelia did that, Henrietta's reaction was spectacular. She shuddered and looked at me for help.

Of course, from start to finish I wasn't helping her. But I'm becoming more and more convinced of that.

Again, it was Ophelia, not Henrietta. The one who entered the Duke's Office and stole the Annual Revenue Book.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?