Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Side Story 1

Lately, I've been keeping an eye on Ophelia. I wonder if she knows anything about the incident.

On the surface, I never showed my feelings, I shouldn't have to worry. But after having that dream, I became even more careful. I can't approach Ophelia easily.

Likewise with her. Sometimes we would pass each other in the corridors. But now, even though I waited for her, I didn't see her, let alone her body, I didn't even see her shadow.

This is obvious. Ophelia avoided me.

Ophelia is the one who always comes to my mind when I run on the training ground. Even though I've increased the intensity of the exercise to get it out of my mind. As a result, the Duke Family's knights felt as if they were going to die.

Then, one day, Ophelia came to see me.

"Not bad......"

I stared at her blushing face with admiration. Ophelia muttered under her breath. I tilted my head, wondering if I had heard wrong.

So like that, huh. I took a deep breath in silence. I managed to endure the fact that my body would turn her face red from embarrassment.

I feel very lucky because my body condition is pretty good. For a moment, I wondered if I was training to have muscles for this moment? I feel like I'm getting stupid.

It shouldn't be like this. Did I completely forget my original goal?

I scrunched up my face ferociously. When I had her obvious suspicion that she was related to the horse carriage incident, it seemed that I fell in love with her even more, as if the main character in a story had changed.

I decided to continue role-playing a little longer. Finally, I decided to wait for Ophelia at the library, a place Ophelia often visits.

However, maybe because I practiced too much these past few days, as soon as I leaned back on the couch, I fell asleep like crazy. I only closed my eyes for a moment, but as soon as I woke up, I saw Ophelia reading a book in front of me.

I got up silently and looked at her quietly. I could see the fine lines on her cheeks, which were much more sunken than before.

Silver eyelashes that flickered several times, sapphire blue eyes that were occasionally hidden by her blinks. Ophelia seemed engrossed in reading, playing with the ends of her hair, like it was a habit I wasn't even aware of.

I looked at her languidly while clutching my chin. Even I don't know how much time has passed. It is a peace that is like a painting. I didn't want to intrude on her precious time, so I kept quiet.

It wasn't until Ophelia closed the book she was reading that I moistened my slightly dry lips.

"You are obsessed with it."

Her eyes, looked surprised. Maybe she didn't notice my stare the whole time.

"......You slept well."

We chatted for a bit. Ophelia covered her mouth and smiled when I said such a lame thing. For a moment, this feels so beautiful. I don't want to miss it.

I don't want to spoil this friendly atmosphere. But then, Ophelia picked up a novel I had read before.

"Is this fun?"

I nodded, blaming myself inside. Was it fun? I don't know. In fact, I only read the first page and immediately closed it. It is not my taste to sit quietly in a room, drink tea, and immerse myself in reading all day.

However, thanks to Ophelia's question, I was able to carry out my original plan. Saying the contents of a novel that is about a family murder, I want to see what she thinks.

I tilted my head, explaining the plot of the novel. Then I asked what Ophelia thought.

"......That's a little scary."

Ophelia frowned slightly but showed no reaction. Seeing this, I immediately gave up.

Did the day end like this? Without any results?

To stop Ophelia from leaving the room, I called out to the maid. I want a drink. I wanted to have a more honest conversation with her. I looked into those clear blue eyes and wanted to ask what she was thinking.

But things weren't going in the direction I wanted them to. Ophelia suddenly turned cold after Henrietta came in with the teacup.

She drank tea quietly, as usual, with an incomprehensible face. I looked into Ophelia's eyes, but couldn't understand why she looked so angry.

No matter how much I tried to talk her out of it, she just gave a small smile and didn't reply anything. As if thirsty, I immediately drank the glass of wine in one gulp. My stomach feels bloated.

As usual, Ophelia left first. My eyes followed her, following her with regretful eyes.

But Ophelia never looked back once.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?