Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 4 | Her and His Circumstances | Remake our Life!


Part 2

After venting my anger at Hashiba in my brain, I headed for the video lab. Some associate professor sent me a message that I should come and give an update on the latest situation.

"I'm coming in."

I knocked and got no response, so on the third time I opened the door and went inside.

The room is as messy as ever. No sense of tidying up is felt at all. I guess she knows where everything is, so I guess she simply doesn't give priority to the act of cleaning up.

Sure enough, there she was. I glared at her, and she smiled and waved her hand at me. It seemed to be a greeting.

"Take off your headphones. You're having a visitor, after all."

When I showed her with a gesture, she finally removed her headphones from her ears. It seemed to be quite loud, because a noisy sound was leaking out at the moment.

"What were you doing?"

"Games. Finally just finished the last one. Well, the games these days are so large and have such a powerful HD quality, making them is already difficult. The whole industry is insane."

I took a breath and sat down on the couch. I opened the lid of the plastic bottle I had brought with me and gulped down the tea.

"Even though I'm going to make coffee"

"No thanks. Nee-san's coffee is sometimes very bitter."

Truly, even though she is a person who excels in various things, she is not good at cooking or anything like that.

"You're right. Eiko's brewed coffee is much better."

Kuku, laughing as usual.

"So? You called me all the way, so something happened, right?"

When I asked my sister about it, she looked a little sad.

"Don't be so prickly. I just wanted to check on you and see how you're doing."

"In that case, I'm always replying to your noisy e-mails."

"Occasionally. I get one every fifty or so messages."

"Because you send me messages every day. And it's all about "How are you?" and "Are you well?" It's a hassle to reply every single time, so just be thankful that I'm replying every once in a while.

I prodded her a little harder, but she was smiling at me.

"What's so funny?"

"Well, I was thinking, even Eiko would have responded immediately if it had been the other person to whom she was texting."

"Haa? Who's that, there is no..."

"Hashiba"

I am so glad I didn't have the tea in my mouth. Because if I had, I would have spewed it all over the lab table.

"Wha, w-w-w-why would it be the Hashiba! I won't! Reply right away! I mean, when he calls, it's usually when he's in trouble or in distress, and if I don't respond immediately, I'll be in trouble later, so I figured I'd contact him right away and make sure...!"

I stopped talking. Because this annoying sister was looking at me with an even bigger grin on her face.

"... Can I go now?"

"No. After we talk a little more about what's going on. Are you getting along with the rest of the team?"

Even though I thought it was troublesome, I explained.

About Nanako, about Shinoaki, about the people at Art Club, about Saikawa. As I was talking, I was thinking that I have come into contact with many more people than I have since last fall. It was a huge difference from the spring of high school or the first year of college.

While she made me tell her various things, my sister was smiling happily.

"Why are you smiling so much?"

"No, I'm just glad what I did was not wrong."

... I wonder what it is. I think it must have been the way I was forced to join Hashiba's team halfway through last summer's production. I was surprised and angry at first, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did. It's annoying, but she was right.

"Well, I'm glad to see you're doing well."

Nee-san said that and started to arrange the work papers with a thump,

"Well, I'm leaving now."

I said that to her and she turned on her heel. It is only recently that I have come to understand that this is a sign from my sister that she is back in business.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the last thing."

"What is it?"

When I turned around and she gave me a grin that was so sarcastic it was almost out of this world,

"I'm super looking forward to the cosplay cafe"

"!!!!!!!!!!"

Why, why does she know what happened yesterday and today? I know she's always had a good ear, but even so, her information network is too crazy, isn't it, this big sister!

"Ah, ahhh..."

I stood there. I couldn't help but let my voice leak out.

But I can't let this person know how shocked I am. She will definitely use it as a material to tease me again.

That's why I tried my best to keep my toughness on the surface,

"Y-You can come if you want! I don't care!"

I was just like, "Whatever" and I closed the door to the lab and walked out as fast as I could.

Perhaps it was too fierce, but the students and staff around me were looking at me. Without paying attention, I stomped my feet and walked down the concrete corridor.

"Ah~, mou, it's all Saikawa's fault, she's"

She was a nice and quiet girl when I first got to know her, but ever since I dressed up in her cosplay costume yesterday, she has been unusually attached to me. It's not that I don't like it, but I want her to stop trying to dress me in costumes that she has on hand. Also, she's always sticking her body close to me in some way.

I stop and think. I imagine myself in a cosplay cafe.

"It's tough. I don't feel like I can handle it properly."

If I really have to serve my sister, I should be completely salty and cold to her. No, but that would be too normal for that character's personality, so I wonder if it would be more salty if I did moe moe kyun or something to the contrary?

 "...Me, doing Moe Moe Kyun..."

The mere thought of it was enough to give me a headache, so I decided to erase the subject from my brain for the moment. Instead, I promised myself that I would grind Saikawa's temples later.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next