Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 4 | Her and His Circumstances | Remake our Life!

Part 3

"Good morning, Nanako."

The next day at noon, I met Nanako in the lobby.

"Fuah... Kyouya, you wake up early... I couldn't get up at all."

It seems that she had set an alarm, but he fell asleep without being able to stop it.

Well, considering yesterday's series of heated events, I guess that was to be expected.

"I had some business to take care of. What are you going to do today? Continue sightseeing?"

Nanako shakes her head greatly,

"No. I'm worried about everyone else."

"I knew you would say that."

I had no objection to Nanako's words, as I was indeed planning to leave already.

After checking out, I booked an express train to Takadanobaba on my cell phone app, and I also made a reservation for the Shinkansen, which was a direct connection to the train.

I took the express train from Honkawagoe station, and when I woke up after a short nap, the scenery outside the window had already changed to that of Tokyo.

From Takadanobaba, the same place as on the way there, transfer to the Tozai Line to Tokyo. Transferring to the Shinkansen, we sit in a seat for two.

Then, just past Shin-Yokohama, I was finally able to catch my breath.

"I wonder if he's okay..."

Nanako murmured as she leaned back in her slumped chair.

In the end, no decision was reached regarding Tsurayuki's career path. Tsurayuki had not spoken a word since then.

But I thought that was all we could do.

"I said all I could say and expressed my feelings. I think we did everything we could."

Now all that remains to be seen is how Tsurayuki will decide and how Mochiyuki-san will respond to that decision.

"So, we must think our work... Wait, Nanako, what's wrong?"

When I looked at her, Nanako was staring at my face.

"Kyouya."

"Y-Yes?"

"I thought, "Really, you've got a lot on your mind"."

"... What makes you think that?"

“I thought so when I was with you and listening to you talking on the side. All your thinking and talking made me wonder if Tsurayuki was willing to do that too.”

Nanako complains as she leans forward from her seat.

“He was annoying, but his writing was interesting, so when I heard he was quitting, I was really shocked.”

She said, lowering her eyes.

"I thought it was strange that someone like me, who can't do anything, should stay at the university, while someone as talented as Tsurayuki quits."

Nanako made a sad face.

I wonder if the disappearance of Tsurayuki had affected Nanako more than I had thought.

“But, as Kyouya said, I am sure that Tsurayuki will be able to create something even more interesting from now on.”

"Yes..."

I nodded too.

Nanako paused there, stared at the ceiling, and sighed.

"I don't think I have talent at all even now."

"...Is that so?"

"Yeah," she said, slumping down, embarrassed,

"I'm in the film department. I didn't even study music, but now, I'm doing voice training with the music department students, and when I go home, I'm writing lyrics and composing music. It's weird, isn't it."

Nanako smiles self-mockingly.

“But I love what I do. So as long as I have the song inside me, I'm going to keep doing it.”

If Nanako had been doing music only because I told her to and recommended it, then I would not have felt so guilty.

But thank goodness. She managed to digest it properly in Nanako and gave her reasons for wanting to do it.

Above all, it made me happy.

"Even if this doesn't become a career in the future, I know I'll be singing for as long as I'm interested in it."

Nanako looked at me and smiled.

"So thank you, Kyouya. For teaching me to sing."

The back of my nose was twitching and my eyes were almost watering. In the future in another world, Nanako had saved me by continuing to sing as usual. And in this case, too, Nanako saved me in some way.

I can't believe she would thank me with the biggest smile on her face. At least, I am not the right person to be thanked by her.

"Thanks for me, that sort of."

Now I'm just so happy and grateful that she is enjoying her music.

"I just like what Nanako creates and want to continue to see it."

That was my honest feeling.

"I will do my best to live up to your expectations."

It was said in such an oddly formal way that both Nanako and I burst out laughing.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next