Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 18

Claude goes outside and Henrietta definitely couldn't get out of bed because of the pain.

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. Alexander is still at the training ground. Outside the front door, there were servants clearing away the accumulated snow. It was quite a crazy job as some of the servants who had taken their days off had not returned. That's fine.

So, now is the perfect time to sneak into Alexander's room.

Henrietta's help with bathing and changing clothes was unnecessary in the first place. After tying the strap at the waist of the dress, I left the room. After walking down the corridor for a while, I met a maid who had just cleaned Alexander's room.

The maid bowed to me and came downstairs with her hands full of sheets. I pretended to pass through Alexander's room and went to the study just in case. I locked myself in the study until the maid disappeared.

Since the maid left with the sheets, it meant that she had finished cleaning the room. That way, no one would enter the room until Alexander returned. I left the study and quickly entered Alexander's room.

I closed the door and looked around the neatly arranged room. After that, I immediately opened the drawer. As Claude said, a neatly placed diary was in one corner of the drawer. I opened the cover of the diary.

Nothing is written on the first page. I turned the page. The second page.... ...Wait! This is today's post. January 11, 295 in the Devonian Empire.

In addition, the ink had not completely dried, so the streaks were scattered here and there. Why are you in such a rush? I skimmed through the dated pages and saw some pages filled with writing, there it said,

Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing? Why are you stealing?

"Kyaaaaa!!!"

I was so shocked that I threw the diary away. My heart was beating fast.

From the third line to the end of the page, Alexander wrote, 'Why are you stealing?'

I need to calm down. I wonder if the next page also says that? I picked up the diary that fell on the floor.

Luckily, the next page was the same as a normal diary. The date is November 21, 291 in the Devonian Empire. It was the day my mother and I arrived at the Duke's Manor.

I was a little scared to read it, so I took a deep breath. I closed my eyes tightly then opened them and read.

I have a stepmother. She is beautiful like an angel. I guess I can understand why my father said that it was love at first sight.

......Even though he once said that looks weren't everything.

Next to Stepmother, there is O. As I approached to say hello, suddenly my heart was beating erratically and very fast. I'm used to exercising hard for my health, but it seems like I've suddenly caught an illness. In the end, I left without saying goodbye to O properly. I immediately went to the doctor, but after the examination, the doctor said that I was quite healthy, the doctor even said that I could eat something without chewing it. Then what is this symptom?

The first part of this diary is about me and my mother. I bit my lip and turned the page.

November 23, 291 in the Devonian Empire

I went downstairs for lunch and met O. It seems I made her uncomfortable, so I deliberately sat away from her and started eating. O didn't glance at me. I was thinking of greeting her the moment our eyes met, but it seems it's still difficult for me.

......What? It looks like an ordinary diary. Then why was he so annoyed when Claude found it? He even went so far as to expel an investigator, unlike the usual Alexander.

On the second page…… He even wrote something like a warning letter in a hurry. Out of curiosity, I turned to the next page again.

November 28, 291 in the Devonian Empire

My father is always busy, so this is the first time the whole family has gathered for dinner. O often laughs as if she is in a good mood. Everyone seems happy, but not me. My heart was beating so fast it made me dizzy. Finally, I went to the room first. I lay down to rest for a while and then fell asleep. In the middle of the night, H comes. She started again. Summer was over, but she came wearing only a light dress and said she wanted to come into my room. I really hate it.

Even if only the initials are written, you can immediately tell who the H is. She really acts like a mouse. She's a little cute.

December 6, 291 in the Devonian Empire

It's been about 1 month since they stayed at the Manor. My stepmother scolded my father, she said she wanted to go on a honeymoon. O who was beside her had an expression that looked like she was about to cry. I don't know why when I saw her like that, suddenly I also wanted to cry. Strange. I never cried except when I fell from a tree when I was 6 years old and broke my arm because of it.

So far I felt that there was nothing strange about this diary, so I put it down. However, I realized that I had only read a few pages, so I turned back to the next page.

December 13, 291 in the Devonian Empire

After a long time, I finally got on the horse-drawn carriage to tour the estate. It seemed that the carriage wheels were a bit loose. Then, a good idea came to my mind.

When I want to read the sequel. A small sound was heard from outside and the doorknob rattled. I immediately closed the diary and put it in the drawer. I put it back where it belonged, so there's no need to worry about being found out.

This is not the time for Alexander to come back, isn't it? Why is he back already? As the sound of the door opening pierced my ears, I looked around and bit my lip hard. There is nowhere to hide. A place to hide.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?