Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

I open a commission to translate a novel. If you are interested, click on this Ko-Fi or this Patreon (Please read the description carefully and contact me first before joining membership)


5, Friend Character and General Affairs of the Student Council


 Taketori Kaguya who identified herself as Ike's predecessor as student council president.

 Come to think of it ....... I recall that the former student council president was indeed a female student with a name like that.
 However, I was surprised because I thought the former student council president had long since graduated.

 Hearing such words from Taketori-senpai,

"Are you the previous student council president? Areh? Then why didn't Yuuji-senpai know about Taketori-senpai?"

 Touka asks a question toward me.
 Uwh, I was at a loss for words.
 And Taketori-senpai looking a little downcast. Touka's pure questioning without malice, caused Taketori-senpai to unnecessarily take damage.
 ....... I'm sorry it's my fault. I bow my head in my heart.

"I'm not good at remembering people's faces."

 It was the same with Tatsumiya, but I'm really not good at remembering people.
 So it's not that Taketori-senpai was overshadowed as student council president.
 While thinking that, I felt a sense of discomfort and asked her.

"...Even if you're the former student council president, isn't it strange that you're here now?"

 Taketori-senpai looks a bit startled.
 Touka and I looked at her again, wondering at her behavior.

 After awkwardly turning her gaze down, she muttered quietly.

"...Now that I'm doing the general affairs of the student council."

""Eh?""

 Me and Touka muttered at the same time.

"...In the student council elections, Haruma defeated me in the preliminary round of the elections, and I even lost to Otome in the number of votes I received, despite being the former student council president, now that I'm in my junior subordinate role, I'm taking care of the general affairs of the student council, so it's not strange that I'm here"
 
 While crossing her arms, Taketori-senpai said with a self-mocking laugh.
 Touka and I felt like we couldn't stand it.

"Sorry about that"

"Don't apologize, you'll make me even more miserable."

 Let's just leave this matter alone now.
 Touka and I looked at each other and nodded.

 Then, to change the subject, Touka opened her mouth.

“So, Taketori-senpai, where are the other student council members now?”

 Touka asks in a bright and sweet tone of voice, to which Taketori-senpai replies.

"Well, I don't know. I'm basically skipping the student council. I don't know what kind of work they are doing. So I don't know where they are now."

"Even if you say that with such confidence..."

 Touka muttered in amazement at Taketori-senpai who said something like that so nonchalantly.

"Good grief, I haven't been to a student council meeting in a long time, and there's no one else around, and I'm dealing with the outsiders."

 Taketori-senpai continued with a sigh.

"I think that's what you deserve, though?"

 To Touka, who makes a comment in a slow voice, Taketori-senpai smiles innocently and then replies.

"It's not that I think it's bad luck. I've heard about you guys from time to time. I've always wanted to talk to you guys."

 After saying this, she looked at Touka.
 Touka shudders at her gaze, which seems to be judging her.

“Touka certainly has a beautiful face, as Otome always says.”

"Eh? Always...?"

 She said and now Touka is even more defensive than before.
 Seeing that reaction, Taketori-senpai laughed even more happily.

"Yeah, she always says to that Haruma, 'Touka-san is so beautiful and nice. I want a sister like her too.' She was making a passionate appeal to him."

"... Eeh~, that kind of thing is NG for me though."
 
 Touka said as if to vomit, with an awkward expression on her face.
 After all, it seems that she is rather uncomfortable with Tatsumiya.

"That naive man doesn't seem to notice such an appeal from Tatsumiya, which is hilarious to watch from afar."

 Said Taketori-senpai with a mischievous laugh, perhaps because it was someone else's problem.
 Even so, as expected of the insensitive protagonist, Ike. I'm surprised he didn't notice Tatsumiya's passionate appeal.

"So, you are the rumored Tomoki. ... Fu~uhn"

 Taketori-senpai looks at me and smiles meaningfully.

"... What is it?"

"Nothing. I just thought, sure, you're a good man, like that person always says, you know?"

 Sending me a heated gaze, Taketori-senpai said such a thing.
 ... No, no, what is that line that has a lot to be retorted of? When I think so,

"Um, Taketori-senpai? I don't want you to call someone's boyfriend a good man when you first meet him, or something like that? I mean, who is that person? Can you tell me more about him?"

 Touka makes a lot of tsukkomi on my behalf.
 
"Don't worry, I'm not into younger guys."

 After Taketori-senpai made that preamble,

"But as his girlfriend, I can understand your concern. But you know, Touka. If you worry too much, he will feel your concern is too heavy and he will lose affection for you, you know."

 She responded in a matter-of-fact manner.
 Touka is somewhat agitated by these words.
 Have the unexpected words confused her?

"No, it's not like that. I'm sure that senpai is very much in love with me and would never cheat on me? That's why, if there is someone who is in love with him, I just felt sorry for her, so I decided to talk to her to get her to give up quickly, you know?"

 With a dissatisfied expression on her face, Touka spoke quickly while combing the tips of her hair restlessly with her fingertips.
 Seeing this, Taketori-senpai chuckled wickedly and opened her mouth.

“By the way, it was your brother Haruma who said Tomoki was a good man.”

 Taketori-senpai is grinning, and Touka's face turns bright red while looking at her.
 She must be embarrassed to realize that she has been teased.
 Seeing that, Taketori-senpai opens her mouth to us with a sly, sarcastic smile on her face.

"Well, she's a lovely girlfriend, kouhai-kun. I envy you."

"... Thanks to you"

 I responded, stunned by her words.
 Touka has a stern expression and for some reason slams her fist into my side.
 It doesn't hurt, it just tickles... but really why?

 That's what I think, unfortunately.
 Neither Touka nor Taketori-senpai gave me the answer to that question.