Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

4, Friend Character and Student Council President


 After greeting Makiri-sensei, I walked out of the student guidance office and went to...

“Senpai, did you do something messed up again?”

 I was suddenly asked in a sweet voice.
 When I turned around at the sound of the voice, there was a flamboyant looking first-year girl standing there with a beaming smile on her face.

"Don't make it sound like I'm always screwing around."

 She laughs when I respond.

"I already know that, though? ... I think you know what I'm talking about, but that was a joke, so don't worry about it, okay?"

"Yeah, I know."

 I respond to her light-hearted remark with a wry smile.

 The one who said it jokingly was my [fake] girlfriend Ike Touka.
 In the morning, I sent a message to her telling her that I was being called after school by Makiri-sensei,
『I'll wait for you until you finish the talk, and then we can go home together.』
 I was told.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

"I'm not waiting that long, so don't worry about it."

 Touka looked me in the eye and said so.
 Then, somehow awkwardly, she averted her gaze.
 When I was thinking that something like this had happened before, she stammered and said.

"... I haven't seen senpai since the summer festival."

"Right. We've kept in touch, so it's surprising it feels like it's been so long."

 When I replied, Touka turned her squinty gaze toward me.

"... Is that all?"

"Ah? ... Yeah, right."

 When I replied, Touka let out an easy-to-understand sigh and then opened her mouth.

"Is that all you can say to a super cute girlfriend you haven't seen in a while, I am so disappointed?"

 She says, turning her scowling eyes on me.
 Now I let out a small sigh and then ask her.

"What was I supposed to say?"

 Muu, after making a thoughtful gesture, Touka says.

"Like ... cute as ever?"

 She glanced up at me and said in a sweet, indulgent tone of voice.

"You are cute as ever."

"So monotone makes me annoyed! That kind of thing is NG for me!"

 Moo, seeing Touka sulking cutely, I felt a little relieved.

 I'm sure that the slight feeling of foreboding I had that day when we looked up at the fireworks next to each other was ... my groundless fear, I thought.

"... What's wrong, senpai?"

 Touka asked in a curious voice.
 I slowly shook my head and muttered, "Nothing."

"I hope that's all right. Shall we go home then?"

"Ah, I'm sorry. Do you mind if I stop by the student council office for a bit after this?"

 After hearing my words, Touka looked at me in amazement. 

"It's fine, but is it something my brother asked you to do again? Really, you're a good-natured person, Senpai."

 To Touka mutters in dissatisfaction, I say.

"No, it's not like that. Ike seemed busy today and I hardly got to talk to him, and I thought I'd at least say hello to the rest of the student council."

"Somehow, you're strangely disciplined, Senpai."

 Touka said as if teasing me, but she followed me towards the student council room.
 Shortly thereafter, we arrived at the student council room.
 
 I knock on the door of the room.

"Yes"

 I heard a woman's voice coming from the room.
 When I opened the door and entered the student council room, there was a female student I didn't know.
 She was a clever looking girl with light brown hair in a so-called ponytail.
 Her height is ... quite short and her face looks kind of young.
 A first-year girl? I thought, but when I looked at the color of the ribbon, to my surprise, it was a third grade.
 This person's older than me ... I'm thinking so
 
"Hmm, what are you guys?"

 The unfamiliar female student, with a languid expression on her face, turned to us and asked so.

 To this abrupt question, I, lacking communication skills, reply with a single word, "Y-Yes."
 At my dumbfounded look, Touka opens her mouth.

"I am Ike Touka. The scary-looking person over here is my boyfriend Tomoki Yuuji-senpai."

 When Touka replies in a matter-of-fact manner, senpai in front of us shrugs her shoulders and then opens her mouth.

"No, I know who you are. A brilliant first-year student, and a brilliant boy runner-up position in the second grade, I'm talking about what do you want in the student council office?"

 She seemed to know about me and Touka.
 ... Saying it myself, I am well-known for my notoriety, and Touka stands out too, so I guess it's no wonder.
 Even so, for someone who was talking to me for the first time, she didn't look scared at all. Thinking that she was a person with a lot of guts, I opened my mouth.

"I just thought I'd come by and say hello to Ike and the others... By the way, what are you doing here?"

 When I questioned her, senpai was blatantly dejected.

"... Don't you know who I am?"

 Hearing her words, I made eye contact with Touka.
 Touka shook her head slowly. Apparently, they don't know each other.

"... Well, that's right. You don't know anything about me, do you? Haruma does all the work, and it's been a while since I've been in the student council office. Not being recognized or having a presence... Yeah, it can't be helped."

 With a somewhat distant look in her eyes, she turned her head and said so.
 Seeing her like that makes me feel like I've done something bad.
 While thinking so, I wait for her next words.

 Perhaps feeling better, she made a small "Alright" and looked up.

"I am..."

 After muttering this, she continued in a dignified manner, and declared.

"Taketori Kaguya. Haruma's predecessor as student council president."