Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

3, Student Guidance?


"Since the summer festival, huh. How have you been, Tomoki-kun?"

"Thanks to you. I'm glad to hear that sensei is doing well too."

 After school following the opening ceremony.
 I responded to Makiri-sensei's call and was sitting opposite her in the student guidance office as usual.
 But for some reason, Makiri-sensei is acting strangely compared to usual... or rather.
 It's the kind of atmosphere that clumsy ... somewhat less tense Makiri-sensei has when we meet outside of school.
 She asks me, in a somewhat awkward manner.

"... Do you know why you were called?"

 I tilt my head at Makiri-sensei’s question.

"... Eh? I have no idea."

 Frankly, I have not done anything to get a negative reputation as I have done in the past.
 Maybe there were rumors of such things during the summer vacation without my knowledge...
 Thinking so, I asked her about it and she looked shocked, though I don't know the reason.

"What's wrong?"

 When I asked her that, she looked somewhat dissatisfied and then opened her mouth.

"You and I are teacher and student, right?"

"... Eh? That's right."

 Makiri-sensei has suddenly reconfirmed the obvious.
 I don't think teachers had long summer vacations, but... Eh? Vacation joke?

 My answer makes Makiri-sensei look even grumpier, for some reason.
 ... Could it be that she noticed that I was thinking rudely?
 When I was thinking like that.

"So... We, as teacher and student, properly! We have to draw a line. ... You understand, don't you?"
 
"Huh? Yes"

 Makiri-sensei once again tells the obvious.
 Is it a full-blown vacation joke? I thought, but then I finally came to my senses.
 
 ... I see.
 I guess Makiri-sensei would like to say never to mention her somewhat undignified and cute... taste in that girlish hobby of hers.
 
 I look straight at Makiri-sensei, who is staring at me with puffed out cheeks.
 Uwh, to her who was upset, I replied.

"Don’t worry. I always respect Makiri-sensei even when you're in a moment of weakness."

 I said that seriously.
 When Makiri-sensei heard those words... for some reason, she had an expression that seemed to say, "What are you talking about?"

"... I wonder what I should say at a time like this? ... Well, it seems like I would be revealing the faults, so it's fine."

 Fuuh, after letting out a sigh, Makiri-sensei spoke with resignation.
 When I was reaffirming my own communication issues from her reaction, she,

"...For now."

 She muttered somewhat dissatisfied.
 When I wondered what she meant, she looked straight at me and then said.

"Second semester of high school. High school life is finally turning around."

"Yes"

"I want to do everything I can to help you, ... and all of our students have a fulfilling and meaningful school experience. So, if you have any problems or want to talk to me, just let me know. I will surely help you. Just like you did for me ..., okay?"

 Makiri-sensei smiles gently.
 The expression on her face was so beautiful that I was caught off guard.
 
"... Needless to say. I'm counting on you, so please continue to support me."

 When I responded, Makiri-sensei looked away.
 Then she plays with her hair with her fingertips in embarrassment.

 During summer vacation, I helped Makiri-sensei tell her father how she really felt.
 I think she feels that she owes me a debt of gratitude for that.

 Good grief, I owe Makiri-sensei more than I can ever repay in that way, so you don't have to worry about it.
 While thinking so, I was honestly happy to hear her words.

"Well, I'm done talking to you now. I'm sorry I stopped you after school when you were supposed to be home right after the first day of school in the morning."

 Fuuh, Makiri-sensei breathed deeply once, with her usual dignified expression on her face.

"No, I'm glad I was able to greet Makiri-sensei as well."

"It's a great honor to be a teacher when you say that."

 We look at each other and giggle.
 I'm sure this is the end of the conversation with her.
 In the end, she probably wanted to say, "Please count on me for the second semester as well."
 I thought that she was a really good teacher to go out of her way to say such a thing.

"Then I'll excuse myself."

 After saying so, I stood up and turned my back to Makiri-sensei.
 From behind me, I heard Makiri-sensei's voice say, "Yeah, see you tomorrow."

 
 This is a normal conversation between a teacher and a student.
 That's all there is to it.
 For some reason, I felt a ticklish sensation―.