Soen na Osananajimi to Isekai de wa Kekkon Shite Iru Yumewomita ga, Sorekara Osananajimi no Yousu ga Okashii ndaga?

Author: Kataribe Masayuki

Translated by MTL and Dobelyu Wai
Source: Syosetu

 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you


Vaulting Box and Out-Of-Body Experience

 

 At the end of the fourth period, I made a fast exit from the classroom just as the teacher was leaving the classroom.

 From behind me, a voice that sounded a lot like Kudo's said, "Ah! He ran away!!", but I don't care ......It's clear that if I had hesitated even a little bit at that point, they would have interrogated me for the entire lunch break ...... I had no idea what they would end up telling me.

 Or rather, in many ways, there is not a single thing that can be left unsaid about what happened with Amane during Saturday and Sunday.

 There is no way I can tell them ...... about dreams and the Inari God, let alone say that I have Amane in my room~ or that I use her as a hug pillow~!!

 I'll enjoy remembering those facts alone for a while ...... No, no, let's just leave it at that.

 

 As for the encirclement of the women's group, I have to leave that to Amane.

 Even I have a hard time with the boys, and there is no way that a wimp like me can handle the chase of the girls.

 Besides ...... I have something to do.

 

 I've been trying to think of a place all morning where I could sleep undisturbed while at school during lunch break, and now I'm on my way there.

 I could have considered a private bathroom, but that would have been a nuisance if someone was in an emergency ...... and after much thought, I had a certain place.

 It's in the vault in the gym!! 

 ...... It may seem like a somewhat template idea, but in fact, it was the only place I could think of in the school where I could sleep in the safest place to hide.

 And when I finally arrived at the gymnasium, I found that, as I had expected, it was completely empty of people and so quiet that it hurt my ears.

 But for some reason, the little fox that had been running around the classroom during class looking like a rare sight, was sitting a little bit at my feet.

 

"A-Are? Why is Konoha-chan here ...... What about Amane?"

"Onee-chan said, "There's no way I can get out of this right now, so help Yumeji out"."

"I-I see......"

 

 Konoha-chan's cheerful reply gave me an idea of Amane's current situation.

 ...... I wonder the extent of the chase over there ...... I'm afraid to check it out later, or rather I'm embarrassed ...... What should I do ...... It's kind of hard to face them...

 

"So what would Yumeji-san be doing in a place like this?"

 

 The little fox tilted her head and asked me about it, and I decided to shelve the issue for the future anyway.

 ...... I feel like it's too late for a lot of things.

 Now I have to prioritize the purpose for which I came here.

 

"The clue in the foresight dream I had last night was one of those playboys, but if I'm totally honest I wouldn't be able to have a decent conversation with them, and now even Amane can't, right?"

 

 Foresight dream, Konoha-chan's face turns serious as she realizes that my reason for coming here has something to do with her.

 Originally, they and we were not compatible with each other, but now Amane, whom they were looking for, was being gossiped with someone else, and it will become the best unpleasant thing at all times.

 Then ...... what should I do?

 I take out my "Dream Book" and open it to the last page that currently appears.

 

"Dream Manipulation Intermediate, the last part ...... To be honest, I've been going through this dream because the impression is a little bit ominous ...... "

 

"Astral Projection"

 A dream in which only the spirit can leave the body and move while asleep.

 The spirit is basically invisible to the average person.

 If the physical body is awakened, the spirit will return, but if it is left out for too long without awakening, the physical body will reach its limits and die.

* The predecessor has set a time limit based on the dangers of this. With much leeway, "30 minutes" If the time limit expires, the person is forced to return to his/her physical body.

 

 

 I don't know who this "predecessor" is, but somehow I don't feel like a stranger in more ways than one.

 It seems Suzu-nee knew him in a previous life, but I'm grateful that he has a safety device for this now.

 I quickly folded myself into the box and asked Konoha-chan.

 

"Konoha-chan, feel free to wake me up if you think something might be wrong."

"I understand! Please leave it to me!!"

 

 Finally, I put my hand on the page of "Astral Projection" and closed my eyes silently.

 ...... So, what will happen now?

 

 

 I was a little worried, but before I knew it, I was standing there in front of the vaulting box.

 

"A-Are? I'm in the vault just now......"

 

 I peeked inside the box and clearly saw "myself" sleeping inside with a "dream book" in my hand, and I understood.

 In other words, "astral projection" has already begun.

 

"But even though the body is a spirit, it's not floating in the air. I'm walking normally now ...... but I can't grab things and I can get through the wall......"

 

 Maybe it's because I've always thought of this as somehow an extension of ghosts, and when you're in spirit form, you're supposed to float around.

 

"It can't be helped. Unlike a perfect dream, the spirit is pulled by the sense of reality. "

"Oh?"

 

 Konoha-chan looked at me and replied to my murmur.

 In other words, she can see me, in a spirit form, clearly.

 

"Maybe not, but Konoha-chan can see me."

"Yes. But I must be the only one in this school who can see you, others can't!"

"That's convenient, but ......"

 

 Come to think of it, Konoha-chan herself is more than a spirit, and the reason we are able to recognize her is because she is making it possible for us to recognize her.

 After all, even though she is a child, she is also Inari god, it is no wonder she can see spirits.

 However, the fact that the spirit body is pulled by the sense of reality is......

 

"Could it be that the manipulation of the spirit, like lucid dreaming, is a matter of "mindfulness"?"

 

 When I said the thought came to me, Konoha-chan gave a small nod.

 

"It is not wrong. But Yumeji-san thinks that "a spirit can pass through walls", but also believes that "people don't fly". As long as you have that feeling, it's hard to fly in the air in a spirit body. "

"......Does this mean that in the case of a spirit, one cannot fly unless one is a sore child who thinks that he/she can fly in reality?"

"To be frank, that's how it goes."

 

 Flying in a lucid dream is easy, after all, because we have the mental immunity of "this is a dream, it's not real."

 On the other hand, in this "astral projection," I am pulled into my "sense of reality" so much that, in layman's terms, I have no choice but to move around on foot.

 

"Really ...... It's a book that doesn't make it easy in the weirdest places~."

 

 I left the gym warehouse with Konoha-chan's words, "I'll see you later~" and headed for the back of the school building.

 The road leading to the back of the school building is basically a place where few students pass and where they tend to hang out.

 ...... Normally these guys would have stayed in the classroom during lunch break for the purpose of tangling with Amane and the others, but they wouldn't be so thick-skinned that they could stay under the current circumstances.

 As I was walking with this expectation, I found Yuichi, the playboy, and Shindo-san, whom I showed a future dream the other day to dissuade her from committing a crime, in the corridor along the way.

 I mean, Shindo-san, the impression of her has really changed.

 With her short black hair, she no longer has the light-hearted atmosphere she had the other day, and even gives the impression of being a serious member of the public morals committee, rather than an innocent.

 However, the atmosphere was terrible ...... Or rather, the playboy's side was throwing an abusive language.

 

"What the hell does this mean, you don't call me and you don't show your face!? And that lame outfit, who told you it was okay to have that hair and dress like that !? Huh !?"

 

 The playboy who loudly intimidates a woman because he doesn't like the way she dresses, she looked at him silently ...... she didn't seem to challenge him or resist, but just looked straight at him and said.

 

"............What made you think I must get your permission?"

"Huh?"

"Why should I ask your permission when I did it of my own volition?"

"............ Y, You......"

 

 The tone of her answer was nonchalant, and to the outside world, it was simply a good argument, an answer that I couldn't help but nod my head to.

 But for the playboy, it was a case, and as soon as he heard the answer, his face turned red and he lost his voice for a moment.

 

".................. You ...... want to get dumped?"

 

 And all he could pull out was threatening words ...... Maybe if it had been normal, a flick of the word would have been enough to get everything just the way he wanted.

 In fact, Shindo-san was so obsessed with securing a place as this guy's girlfriend that it narrowed her horizons in many ways......

 For Shindo-san, however, those words can no longer be a chain that ties her down.

 She snorted at his words.

 

"Dumping me ...... I don't even remember being treated like a girlfriend until now ...... come to think of it, I don't even remember being picked up."

"Wha, you !?"

"If you want to dump me, go ahead? I have no intention of having anything to do with you either......"

 

 Shindo-san said firmly and turned on her heel.

 Her figure is so imposing, and I instinctively said, "So cool!" and admire her.

 However, he seemed to have realized that he could not take advantage of the situation with words, and his eyes were bloodshot and he shouted.

 

"Oi, you !! Underestimating me, do you want to get killed!!"

 

 This is definitely a bad one! Come to think of it, I heard that this guy is the worst kind of man who has been having multiple affairs and even commits violence against any woman who tries to break up with him!!

 I was in a hurry to get back to my body and then come back to help.

 I had to hurry because there would be a time lag of a few minutes to rush back to my body.

 ............ But that was not necessary.

 

"Ara ............ are you going to kill me?"

 

 Shindo-san slowly turned around at the sound of the shout, and with eyes that were not smiling, she laughed ...... and said few words.

 It's as if she's been to hell and back, as if mocking unprepared intimidation ......

 With just a few words of reply, the man who should have been furious rapidly paled.

 Even the last resort that would have made her obey has no effect ......

 In the face of this fact, his puny self-esteem vanished.

 

"............What are?"

 

 Seeing her ex-boyfriend unconsciously step backward in a cold sweat, Shindo-san let out a deep sigh.

 

"I really ...... don't know why I liked this thing. I can't understand myself a few days ago ...... "

 

Previous | Table of Contents | Next